Imperial Fists Fluff - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    38 (x1)

Imperial Fists Fluff

Hello, I am trying to find some fluff on the Imperial Fists, mainly on their company colors, such as most seen the Imperial Fists with the red shoulder trim and the company with the black shoulder trim, I play Black Templars and I would like to start a small strike force of my first founding brethren, which would seem fitting for myself. So if any of you have any articals you can link me that would be great!

"Brothers! You carry his word as the burning torch in your hearts! With that flame you shall walk into the darkness and we will destroy it!" Marshal Gorgon at the battle of Hive Kalwan

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    170 (x5)

The Fists use the color scheme of the Codex Astartes for company color demarkation.
    I suspect red and black are seen most frequently because green would not look as good on the Fists' yellow livery as it does with some others, nor would gold show up that well in photographs.

This is per their Index Astartes article regarding their adherence to the Codex.

They do not, however, have their Veteran troops paint their helmets white.

WHFB: Dwarfs || WH40k: Imperial Fists, Necrons || WM/H: Trollbloods || BFG: Necrons

His jetbikes are many. Mayor Quimby's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    338 (x4)

For generic fluff about the Imperial Fists, you can have a look at the IF's article on WH40k Lexicanum:
    Imperial Fists - Lexicanum

About heraldry and company colors, as Quick said, IFs follow the Codex Astartes.
    The company shoulder pad colors are shown here (border color for each company "box" is the shoulder pad color):
    Codex Astartes - Lexicanum

You can find a very useful article about IF's colours and insignia here:
    IF colours and insignia - Bolter and Chainsword

The only deviations from the Codex Astartes are, IIRC, markings for the Sergeants (IF Sergeants wear yellow helmets with red skulls) and for Veteran Sergeants (IF Vet Sergeants wear red helmets with a white stripe), but since I don't have my Index Astartes II book here at work I can't be sure.

Hope this helps!

+ Reply to Thread