Pied Pipering Tyranids to their doom - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    107 (x3)

Pied Pipering Tyranids to their doom

A little bit off the wall this, but would it be theoretically possible to capture a Genestealer Patriarch that was the head of a particularly powerful cult, and at the height of its psychic might use it to lure a tyranid hive fleet to its death against a powerful Astartes and Navy fleet?

Or once detached from its cult would it cease to be psychic entity powerful enough to entice the hive mind?

Patriarchs basically call the tyranids to his planet once the cult reaches sufficient size - but if taken at the right time could the Imperium basically lead a nid fleet on a merry dance to a 'safe' distance and then blow it up?

Logistics of such a fleet and inherent difficulties in capturing a GP alive not withstanding...

I can't say I've seen it all but I live for the things that keep me hollow.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    525 (x8)

Well, I guess... the Patriarch send out the signal once the cult is large enough and have infiltrated the necessary parts of the infrastructure. I don't know if the Tyranids notice if their signal moves a few hundred light years to another location...

The real problem (not counting capturing the Patriarch in the first place....) would be how to know when the Tyranids will arrive. Most of the time the Shadow just appears suddenly and does not really leave much time to plan or take action, which is one of the reasons that the Tyranids have been so successful.

LO's unofficial Jester Visitor Q's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    377 (x8)

This is sort of what Kryptmann did with the genestealers he planted on the ork world.

Of course when dealing with Tyranids anything you do has to be done very carefully. I don't know whether it is a blessing or a curse for the Imperium that the Tyranids didn't arrive Eye of Terror side of the Galaxy. Tyranids are so psychic that they may well end up absorbing something of a deamon.

Now directing Tyranids towards a Necron Tomb World may be the way to go.......

Actually a plan might be some self replicating chemical that causes a massive amount of vegetation to be produced more than even the Tyranids can consume.......That might just stall them.
    "God is dead" Nietzsche- 1886
    "Nietzsche is dead" God- 1900

Why are there scams? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q71FLDIMBc8

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    128 (x4)

Plus, space bugs aren't to be taken lightly in space combat.
    My gaming group's new motto: That army you're using is overpowered because it hurts my guys, codex is broken and needs a rewrite.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    450 (x8)

I don't think Patriachs do it all on their own.. I think it's the combined psychic mass of the genestealers, brood brothers and such as well as the Patriach himself which lures the hive mind.

As lLonginus said though, it might be a bit of a phyrric victory, if it's even a victory. Tyranids aren't a pushover in space.. You could argue space is their natural habitat, in fact. Hive fleets are enormous.. even a large fleet may take a lot of punishment trying to stop one, which means one less fleet to fight in future engagements. It's all about priority.

Which is why the Tyranids are so badass.. they have massive massive redundancy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Awhile ago I saw a random bit of fluff where Eldar were creating using a wraithbone conduit a signal replicating the pheremone/psychic call of this, enticing an attack by the nids to a planet!!! I cant for the life of me remember where I saw this though.

Anthony

+ Reply to Thread