Crimson Champions Chapter Fluff - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Inquisitorial Aspirant librisrouge's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    26 (x1)

Crimson Champions Chapter Fluff

Thought for the Day: The Emperor's Justice is swift and plentiful.

Inquisitorial Docket - Crimson Champions Space Marine Chapter Adeptus Astartes

Homeworld: Fidalia IV
    Sitting Chapter Master: Simeon McAllister
    Chapter Icon: A vertical black sword pointed upward, sometimes shown with one or two wing, representing the swiftness of the Emperor's justice.
    Chapter Color Scheme: Blood Red armor with the helmet and shoulder pads colored according to company.
    Primarch: Sanguinus

History: No records exist regarding the founding of the Crimson Champions chapter but its own records pre-date the Age of Apostosy, giving some estimate as to its age. It is known that the chapter has avoided direct conflict in much of the wider theaters in Imperial history. This is due to the belief within the chapter that the Imperium is merely a collection of people under the Emperor's protection and that protecting these people is the primary duty of a Space Marine. This means that the chapter is typically drawn to lost causes and conflicts were Imperial forces are pulled too thin to protect all the local population.

It is not uncommon for enemies of the Imperium to engage what they thought to be an undefended planet only find that it has a hastily raised PDF and a company of Space Marines waiting for them. Crimson Champion fleets commonly have extended armory facilities, including having enough weapons and ammunition to arm a PDF regiment ready at all times. A common duty of chapter scouts is the training and arming of locals.

Unfortunetly, this stance has given the chapter a dim view in the eyes of some members of the Inquisition and other Imperial agencies. The chapter's willingness to ignore direct orders to instead defend a low-priority stategic local has earned them the censure of many army group commanders. This has resulted in investigation and official reprimand on more than one occasion.

Philosophy: In addition to the previously stated beliefs, the Crimson Champions have taken to an unusual philosophy regarding the "curse" said to follow all sons of the primarch Sanguinus. They believe that by giving the curse no hold in their lives they can work to stave it off. They do not emprace the traditional practices of the Blood Angels and their successors. No Death Company has ever fought besides the Crimson Champions and the chapter has no Sanguiary Priesthood, instead utilizing the traditional apothecary. Where most Blood Angel successors see the "curse" as a double edged blessing, the Crimson Champions see it as a purely negative thing and have almost wholly embraced the Codex Astartes; believing that martial discipline can save them from it.

Codex Astartes Deviations: Though considered a Codex chapter, the Crimson Champions have two notable deviations within their chapter structure.

Firstly, The first tactical squad of every battle company is traditionally mounted on bikes. While other chapters utilize bikes as the situation warrents, the Crimson Champions maintain this force in each battle company as a mobile reinforcement, able to quickly get to any location and reinforce a failing battleline (reflecting their usual tactics of fighting with locals.)

Additionally, the captian of the eight company holds the honorary title of "Guardian of Honor" serving as Chapter Champion and holding as must respect as the first company captain. Many Chapter Masters were promoted from eight company captain over first company captain for this reason.

Homeworld: Fidalia IV is a vibrant world, rumored to bear resemblance to pre-Age of Strife Terra. It maintains a disproportionately powerful PDF force due to the chapter's influence and it is from this force that chapter aspirants are chosen. Many of these PDF regiments accompany the marines on campaign and are left to guard and train on worlds saved by the chapter's actions. In additon, the planet raises guard regiments dispite being a marine homeworld and not being required to. The planetary governor is appointed by the Chapter Master and answers directly to him.

Recent Actions: A recent invasion of a tyranid splinter fleet as left their homeworld wracked and devastated. This has forced the chapter to become reclusive in recent years while they work to rebuild their world. In additon, post-war Genestealer cults were a massive problem and the chapters draconian measures to crush them left some of the population disatisfied with their rule and Chaos cults have begun to emerge in some backwater towns. Though it is believed that they too will be destroyed in time, the chapter is taking a less heavy handed approach to dealing with them. This is in caution against the possibility that a more forceful move would just send more citizens into their own doom. The chapter takes to comfort or joy in slaying Imperial citizens that have turned from the Emperor's Justice but they will, if only to protect others from their fallen influence.

Last edited by librisrouge; January 10th, 2009 at 00:16. Reason: Edits for sanity
    'An open mind is like a fortress with its walls unguarded and its gates wide open' -Blood Ravens

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    26 (x1)

I must say, I really expected to see a few emo sanguinites to have flocked to this thread spouting "OMG, you is not using codex:BA! U is dumbb, blarg my brain esplodes!!!" sor some such stuff that I've been harashed by BA players before with.

Librarian Online has earned a bit of respect in my opinion...can you rep point the website itself?
    'An open mind is like a fortress with its walls unguarded and its gates wide open' -Blood Ravens

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Very interesting idea. I can see why the Inquisition would not like the idea of SM being in charge of guardsmen. So I am sure they are not high on anyone's love list. Also I am surprised to see they are capable of maintaining a full chapter with them always entering dire situations. I think it tho
    "Ah, but the truth is like an expensive whore, Jerek. She comes in many dresses and will bend over for any with the money to pamper her." ~ Konrad von Carstein

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nice. Typo in the first post though "Crimson Fists Chapter...."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    26 (x1)

Remember though, this chapter is constantly recruiting from what would effectively be just shy of a Garrison world. That does help put an edge on the attrition factor.

I did want a chapter that would be at odds with certain elements of the Inquisition and a chapter that actively commands elements of its own PDF on other worlds would definetly fall under that category. It occurs to me now that if they raise Guard regiments they wouldn't be able to command them so I'm going with commanding PDF regiments instead.

I'm going with the PDF/chapter relationship because, eventually, I'm going to form a Guard army and I want to use the two together in Apocolypse game. The guard will be PDF from Fidalia IV.
    Last edited by librisrouge; January 10th, 2009 at 00:17.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    30 (x1)

Hmm...

Hello, this is an interesting chapter i like the sound of the color scheme, however if i might offer a small bit of critisism: You might consider adding some kind of edge or "dark side" to the chapter, I think one of the most interesting bits of the Warhammer 40k universe is that if you look closely there is almost never any true "good guys". I'm not sure how you might do this, off the top of my head what you might consider is a explaniation for why they feel such a stronge duty for defending imperial citizens even if it isnt nessicarily stategicly advantages? (as opposed to most SM chapters which are much colder), perhaps they are attoning for some great wrong to such people in there past? I think some blemish(s) upon them might really flesh themout.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    26 (x1)

It may just be my sensibilities but I think that too much of 40k is over the top Grim Dark. Now I know that whole motto of the setting "In the Grim Darkness of the blah, blah, blah I'm a setting that likes cutting myself" kinda mandates this but I think that the Space Marine Chapters have some real potential to be good guys and a few even live up to it. Where is the Grim Dark with the Space Wolves, Salamanders, and Ultramarines. All three of them have a real good guy streak a mile wide unless there is a part of their fluff I'm missing.

Maybe I did paint to bright a picture of my chapter though. They still obey some of the fundamental rules of Space Marines:
    1. When in doubt, and chaos is involved, BURN IT!
    2. Miles of dead bodies out side the fortress, "Those are the failed recruits."
    3. If it can't be fixed with a bolt round to the face, why it probably can't be fixed.

They may be trying to be good guys but they're still in 40k and that mandates a bit of grittiness out of the heros that I hoped would be implied. Sure, they've exterminatus'd their fair share of innocent citizens (It was for their own good, I promise.) Dealing with those the failed in their duty to protect the innocent usually still results in another body (I find your lack of faith disturbing.) That doesn't mean that they don't have a bleading heart for the truly innocent. The Emperor and Sanguinus sacrificed themselves for humanity, why shouldn't they.

EDIT: Grim/Dark, Grim/Dark, Grim/Dark, Grim/Dark, Grim/Dark, Grim/Dark, Grim/Dark, and Grim/Dark.
    Last edited by librisrouge; January 12th, 2009 at 19:03. Reason: Who am I kidding!

+ Reply to Thread