Tau - Necrons Aliance - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tau - Necrons Aliance

Me and my friends are planing a big 4500 points campaign to be played in june this year (Yes, June... Thats how much prep were putting into this). We wont be playing apocalypse rules. Or armies will consist of a main army (3000pts) and a small side army (1500pts). My to armies are Necrons (big), and Tau (small). I needed an excuse for them to be allied.
    Here Goes...

If you look at the Tau fluff for the planet N'Dras (Pg 18 Tau Codex) It will say that Tau abandoned that planet for unknown reasons, though few did remain. Heres the reason: They descovered it was a Necron Tomb World...

Tau abandoned the planet upon realising the monstrosity sat hundreds of miles below their feet. Few did remain, curious about the ancient beings. To cut a long story short, a small fire warrior squad was sent down to the tomb, lead by Shas'Ui Brightsword, a member of Farsight's enclaves who returned to the empire after realising his separation from the greater good (Pg 44 Tau Codex).

When they entered the tomb, Brightswords squad found row after row of dormant Necrons in stasis-sleep. Central to the tomb complex lay a HUGE monolith, within which was the controll panel for the stasis systems throughout the complex. Brightwind was clever enough to know that just "Flicking the switch" would cause the Necrons to awaken and destroy the entire Tau empire from within.

The squad returned to the tomb the following Rotaa with the equipment needed to re-write the stasis controlls and awaken the Necrons, to work for them...

Please comment on this Also, my opponents (Chaos Marines 3000 / Nids 1500 ) Need some fluff to be allied. Once we have all our fluff, we can work on a story line!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    457 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Black Hawk View Post
    Me and my friends are planing a big 4500 points campaign to be played in june this year (Yes, June... Thats how much prep were putting into this). We wont be playing apocalypse rules. Or armies will consist of a main army (3000pts) and a small side army (1500pts). My to armies are Necrons (big), and Tau (small). I needed an excuse for them to be allied.
    Here Goes...

If you look at the Tau fluff for the planet N'Dras (Pg 18 Tau Codex) It will say that Tau abandoned that planet for unknown reasons, though few did remain. Heres the reason: They descovered it was a Necron Tomb World...

Tau abandoned the planet upon realising the monstrosity sat hundreds of miles below their feet. Few did remain, curious about the ancient beings. To cut a long story short, a small fire warrior squad was sent down to the tomb, lead by Shas'Ui Brightsword, a member of Farsight's enclaves who returned to the empire after realising his separation from the greater good (Pg 44 Tau Codex).

When they entered the tomb, Brightswords squad found row after row of dormant Necrons in stasis-sleep. Central to the tomb complex lay a HUGE monolith, within which was the controll panel for the stasis systems throughout the complex. Brightwind was clever enough to know that just "Flicking the switch" would cause the Necrons to awaken and destroy the entire Tau empire from within.

The squad returned to the tomb the following Rotaa with the equipment needed to re-write the stasis controlls and awaken the Necrons, to work for them...

Please comment on this Also, my opponents (Chaos Marines 3000 / Nids 1500 ) Need some fluff to be allied. Once we have all our fluff, we can work on a story line!
    Interesting idea, but you have to remember that Necrons aren't just "robots." They are mechanical beings that are driven not so much by a computerized "brain" as they are by the spirit of a long-dead being that is bent on destroying any living thing it finds. Kinda hard to "rewire" that.

Dark Mechanicus is pretty much the only army I'd ever imagine "allying" with Necrons and getting away with it. They wouldn't go along with anyone else, I don't think.
    Mickey: "You're just making this up as you go along!"
    The Doctor: "Yuuuup. But I do it brilliantly!"

Check out my WIP thread here (Clicky!)

The rules (Clicky!) Read 'em, know 'em, love 'em.

Peace, through superior firepower.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Unfortunately, the fluff is working against your alliance.

The Necrons are the stored souls of the Necrontyr encased in living metal, and like the poster above me said, they can't really be 'reprogrammed' or anything of the like. I can think of another way to make it make sort-of sense, however, but well...

'While studying the ancient artefacts left behind by the Necrontyr and their C'tan masters, Shas'O Brightsword and his followers become delusional by the erratic patterns and corrupted by the hate that all Necron feel for the living. They turn upon their brethren and enemies alike, deeming that life is unclean and must be put to the torch. The Necron rise and spread death in their wake, assisted by the youngling race.'

Because, yeah. Besides, I always suspected that the Tau were a 'second coming' of the Necrontyr. Oh well.

As for Chaos and Tyranid, the Tyranid are controlled by an entity that is a manifestation of their collective minds - In essence, the Hive Mind can be compared to a Chaos God, except without the Chaos. There are two ways to go about this, in my opinion:

1. The Chaos Marines use a large collection of Sorcerers and other assorted Psykers to control a small portion of the Hive to further their own ends.

2. The Chaos Marines themselves are driven (more) insane by the Psyker-blankening madness of the 'Shadow in the Warp' which separates them from their Gods, and they turn to side with the Tyranid in blind desperation. The Tyranid simply ignore them until their conquest is finished, at which point they will devour them as well.

Let's face it. In the 41st Millenium, you are very likely to go insane. Or more insane.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    29 (x1)

I can't see any fluff way that the two would be allied. Even if the tau somehow became delusional and swore themselves into subservience to the crons, they would simply die first because they were closest.
    The only constant in the universe is change, adapt or die.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    29 (x1)

Two Ideas

Hmmm....

I'm an ork player so I don't know a whole lot about either races fluff but I'll take a stab at it:

1) maybe a necron lord killed an ethereal and subsequently brainwashed the Tau into serving the necrons.

2) A particularly insane Tau commander has an idea that all life should be exterminated "For the Greater Good." ala The Purge. (renegade Chapter mentioned in the Chaos Codex and BB Learning of the necrons, the Tau commander and his twisted followers have began worshiping them, killing hundreds of thousands of innocents for their twisted interpretation of "The Greater Good" and as sacrifices to their new Gods. A Necron Lord has learned of this, and instead of simply killing the deranged alliens, has allowed them to live and continue their work- for now...
    My award winning Orky tale

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Necron Lords have minds of their own, so yeah, they can command the Necron to "ally" (eg. "not shoot") whoever they desire.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    744 (x8)

What about o'shava hes got alot of stuff going on with necrons so could be somthing with his dealings (even if hes not there if you dont got model/ dotn want to use)
    "Should take you a while though because of your sloth like pace"
    Click here and watch Gedderz try and cross the road

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you mean O'Shovah, I thought he was quite too busy fighting the Necron.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    744 (x8)

Yer i do sorry didn't have codex near by to check spelling lol. Yes he fights the necrons but if you look at some of the back ground somethings just make you think like his sword for a starter found it on a necron planet, and theres other read between the line hints about as well.
    "Should take you a while though because of your sloth like pace"
    Click here and watch Gedderz try and cross the road

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's been implied that the sword he (or they) mounted on his (their) battlesuit is actually an ancient daemonic blade, but it could just as easily be of Necron'tyr origin (the design is a bit ambigous).

I won't speculate too much since I don't have any material available myself, but if there would be a connection between O'Shovah and the Necron, then O'Shovah is probably a pawn in some C'tan game.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast