Who's more accurate DE or Eldar? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Who's more accurate DE or Eldar?

Planning to model up a craftworld that was lost in the eye since the fall. Kind of an eldar version of people that play pre-heresy smurfs. But the question I have is, who has the equipment, armor, and weapons that more closely resemble the ones used at the time of the fall. My unsupported guess is DE as they seem likely to use whats available and just add some blades to it. I don't imagine Commuraugh (sp?) as an industrial powerhouse.. Also how long have wraithguard/wraithlords been around? Pre-fall? I intend to use a lot of them in the army as the craftworld barely survived in the warp and without using as many of wraith units as possible they wouldn't of survived. I have DE jetbikes out the wazoo so I am hoping they are the right ones (minus spikey bits of course) And thinking of painting bones on blackish/eerie green armor to symbolize their dying craftworld and honor the fallen serving in wraith*

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

795 (x8)

I think that alot of the Craftworld Eldar stuff shows what the Eldar were like pre-fall. The Dark Eldar are a more unusual bunch and alot of their stuff is made to cause pain etc. Like the splinter weapons leave nasty shards in people which are caustic and hurt alot. The pre-fall Eldar were nasty but they were far more besides. Being specifically nasty for the sake of it would of often seemed to much like hard work for the pre-fall types.

Much of the Eldar weapons are described as dating back to 'before the fall'. So using standard Eldar would be better as far as rules go I think. They didn't have Wraithguard or the Wraithlord before the fall as there was no need for them. Thw Wraith types are crated to make up the poor numbers of the Eldar and before the fall the Eldar didn't have that problem. Also pre-fall the Eldar died as normal. They allowed their sould to go into the warp and these sould merged and became Slaanesh. Since then they trap their souls in the infinity circuit of the craftworlds to preserve them.

Because the Eldar created Slaanesh if their sould go into the warp they will merge with Slaanesh as they are a part of it in a way. Slaanesh is the Eldar mind in it's most perverted form. Keeping their souls in the infinity circuit is what allows the Eldar to avoid feeding Slaanesh. Also this is how they can remove them and put them into the bodies of the Wraithguard and the Wraithlords.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's an interesting question really, and I think it depends on how long "Pre-fall" we're talking. It may also depend on if we see "The Fall" as the single event of Slaanesh's birth, or whether "The Fall" refers to whole peroid of time over which Eldar society degenerated.

Some questions to ask is, what peroid of "pre-fall" are you aiming at? Is this craftworld just one of the last to realise the proverbial dookie was about to hit the fan and didn't manage to escape? (Similar to Maugan Ra's craftworld). Or is it going to be set before the rot set in?

If we are talking about escaping in the nick of time, I've always envisioned Eldar society by this point to be a pretty scary place, similar to Commorragh. (Obviously the DE have had millienia now to refine their arts). And so you'll be looking more at Dark Eldar like army, but with mixes of craftworld as these are the sensible ones who got out while they could. Perhaps at this point it might be an idea to look at the ideas floating around the net for Eldar Corsairs as alot of people view them as treading the line between Craftworld and Dark Eldar. An army set during this peroid would relate to a Heresy Era Space Marine army to use your thoughts from earlier.

Obviously another interesting idea would be a true "Pre-fall" Eldar army, one belonging to the Eldar Empire. The Eldar fell because they had conquered everything, anything they wanted or needed they could have. "The stars once lived and died by our command". It's said that in the pre-fall Eldar empire they had machines to do all their work for them, and no doubt wage their wars for them as well by the end. These would have been physic controlled machines (i believe). Wraith guard and Wraith lords wouldn't have existed at this point in time, as there was no need for them, but it doesn't take a wild guess to think that maybe the Pre-Fall Eldar armies were made of constructs similar in design.

I'd say whatever fluff you go for, that the CWE army list would probably suit your needs better as its more flexible. It's getting late but I hope I've given you a few things to think about. Love the idea anyway.
    To rule in Hell is only the beginning...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    35 (x1)

Good stuff so far. But also dont forget that there were no aspect shrines before the fall, so no aspect warriors. I imagine a pre-fall eldar army having alot of guardians, jetbikes, tanks, weapon batties, walkers, ect. No aspet warriors, wraiths, vypers didnt come till after the fall, this is going to be a tough project. very limiting. good luck.
    2500pts Emperors Children
    1000pts Dark Eldar Cabal of Agony Eternal
    3000pts Tyranids

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's a really tough one.

The Dark Eldar are the continuation of the pre fall pleasure cults, yet they are very different to them (obviously).

The Eldar on the other hand have the exact opposite situation.

About the equipment etc. I'd say that the craftworld Eldar have stuff that resembles the pre fall equipment better, since I'd imagine the Dark Eldar changed their gear along with their ways on their descent to madness.

Eldar fluff is the best!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    216 (x7)

Well The Eldar did not go to war before the fall, they had robots to do that for them!
    There would be no aspects, no spirit stones, so no Wraith Constructs.

If it was during the war in heaven, we do not know what their armies looked like, but one would imagine Guardians or Warriors would be representative of them. Dark Eldar are the survivors of the pleasure Cults, Craftworld Eldar are hippies who ran away before the fall. It would be a combination of the 2 that would result in an accurate depiction of pre-fall Eldar.

I'd use Craftworld as a rules base, and use Dark eldar models combined with Craftworld Eldar models, minus the excess spikes to represent the Eldar forces.
    Arch Overfiend & Grand Despot
    I currently play:
    Doom Eagle Space Marines
    Hive Fleet Omega Tyranids
    Goff Ork Boyz(dead)
    Tau of O'me
    Inquisitorial Xeno Hunters

and my attempted foray into fantasy
    'Dark Angel Green' Dark Elves in need of fluff

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ahh.. The no wraithguard/lord hits hard! That was my plan
    Perhaps I could use them as the "Robots" that were used before the fall? I imagine they had the framework for the wraiths before the fall, and only after did they get the idea to put a actual spirit inside it.
    For friendly only games.. Does -1BS/WS make an even exchange w/ wraithsight (since they are robots..) If not just going to play them as robots that need a psychic "controller".

As far as timeline goes they were one of the craftworlds that tried to leave, but didn't make it...

Laughing God,

Yes its limiting but I love the Eldar fluff and wanted to make a fluffy/modelers dream army. Plus it will be a challenge to win with (DE = Staples easy button) I know aspects don't fit.. but did the weapons? (Can I model some guardians w/ reaper cannons and counts as Reapers?)

Did khaine have avatars before the fall? (BTW is there a really good eldar fluff book I can read?)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    216 (x7)

If they are a craftworld that didn't make it, then they will be very Craftworld Eldar in appearance, maybe use your Reaver Jet Bikes to distinguish them from regular craftworlds (converting them to have twin guns would be a good idea for WYSIWYG)

Remove any Soul Stones, as they wont have had them, and use Wraith constructs as robots. Use 'Drone Controller'/'Robot Programmer' to lead them. Wraithsight would resemble code error or something. Make sure to remove soul stones from your wraith models too.
    Arch Overfiend & Grand Despot
    I currently play:
    Doom Eagle Space Marines
    Hive Fleet Omega Tyranids
    Goff Ork Boyz(dead)
    Tau of O'me
    Inquisitorial Xeno Hunters

and my attempted foray into fantasy
    'Dark Angel Green' Dark Elves in need of fluff

+ Reply to Thread