Emperor an old one? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Emperor an old one?

I know its a bit of a wonky and so far unsupported theory in my mind but possible?

He's an old one/sent by/cronie of/ come to guide humanity through their psychic awakening? 100% psychic mankind > C'tan.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

LO's unofficial Jester Visitor Q's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    377 (x8)

In all the available background material the Emperor is and always has been is 'own man'.
    "God is dead" Nietzsche- 1886
    "Nietzsche is dead" God- 1900

Why are there scams? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q71FLDIMBc8

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

780 (x8)

Despite the obscurity of his past, the Emperor has been described as a human in all the fluff I've ever seen. A powerful psyker of a human, yes, but still human. Until he became a household appliance, of course.
    "My tanks have names, my men have numbers." -Col. Edmund Grahvess, 23rd Kronecker Prison Guard

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    37 (x2)

In a really old book I read there was story of a secret conclave of sorcerers/ psykers suddenly realised that there souls where no longer being reincarnated but being consumed by slaanesh so they cast there greatest spells ever and then committed mass rituwill suicide and there sprits where reincarnated as the emperor.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Munch View Post
    In a really old book I read there was story of a secret conclave of sorcerers/ psykers suddenly realised that there souls where no longer being reincarnated but being consumed by slaanesh so they cast there greatest spells ever and then committed mass rituwill suicide and there sprits where reincarnated as the emperor.

That's from one of the old Realm Of Chaos books from years ago if I remember correctly. I'm at work at the moment so can't check but I'm pretty sure that's right.

LO's unofficial Jester Visitor Q's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    377 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Enteralterego View Post
    That's from one of the old Realm Of Chaos books from years ago if I remember correctly. I'm at work at the moment so can't check but I'm pretty sure that's right.
    Yep, though I don't think it was Slaneesh, just Chaos i ngeneral. And the sorcerers were actually Shamans.
    "God is dead" Nietzsche- 1886
    "Nietzsche is dead" God- 1900

Why are there scams? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q71FLDIMBc8

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    142 (x5)

Technically, it was all of them BUT Slaanesh, because it was Slaanesh's birth that cleared the warp storms surrounding Terra, allowing the Emperor to start the Great Crusade. So the Emperor is older than Slaanesh, although it's likely that they were "massing their forces" (the Emperor by living and subtly manoeuvering the politics to his liking, Slaanesh by dreaming the Eldar into madness) at the same time.

Although it's up for debate as to whether or not the old shaman story still holds. It has been in a way disavowed by GW. I'm not sure there's anything to suggest he's an Old One, though. They were very much not human, and not emotional. There are several accounts of the Emperor treating the Primarchs like sons. I don't think an Old One would relate to that concept, from what we know of them.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    452 (x8)

81 thousand is pretty old, but the question is about the race of old ones that created the eldar and orks i beleive. So no he is not an old one but merely thousands of shamans fused into 1 but some mass suicide.

On a sidenote that must be some nice birthday cake to fit all those candles.
    IG Best Gen 1st overall of 10 DE 4th overall of 6
    Eldar 3rd Overall/Best General of 26--2nd Overall/Best General of 7--1st Overall/Best General of 11

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As I remember from reading some fluff when I first started the Emperor has always been there as different people, always guiding them and whatnot. Perhaps the Lizardmen's lack of guidance from the Old Ones was because they switched sides to the Empire/ Brentonia because the Old Ones/ Emperor realized the Lizardmen were doomed to become iguanas and whatnot?
    http://brunsvillegame.blogspot.com/2...1_archive.html
    PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD LOOK AT MY BLOG!
    Rep people if they help you!!!

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    355 (x8)

Different universes buddy, 40k and Fantasy aren't the same anymore, GW said so.

O, and as a side note, remember that the Chaos gods didn't even exist according to our timeline when the Emperor was born; from a temporal view he's older than they are. Khorne, the oldest God, is said to have been born during the Middle Ages, so between 600 and 1300 AD. The Emperor was born around the dawn of civilisation, around 4000 BC. So its not that the shamans' souls would be devoured by Chaos, but that the increasing disturbance of the Warp by the fledgling human race was making it harder, and they foresaw the birth of the Gods.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast