Would Tyranids attack Necrons - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    107 (x3)

Would Tyranids attack Necrons

This is the scenario:

Tyanids attacking an Imperial Guard on a Necron tomb world.

Would either the Tyranids or Necrons bother attacking one another whilst the Imperial Guard were still there?
    Once the Imperial Guard were gone, then would they attack each other?

Would the above scenario make for fluffily viable Necron+Nids vs Guard apocalypse game?

I can't say I've seen it all but I live for the things that keep me hollow.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    124 (x3)

Tyranids would likely just head straight for the guard and ignore the necrons unless they got in their way or started shooting them. Necrons for their part would just kill whatever fleshy thing happens to be closest. Not that that should stop you, we've had odder combinations in games before. (Tyranids + Tau vs. IG/Wolves \o/. Actually, that could be rationalized by the tau being infected by genestealers, but thats not the point)
    "The sergeant major asked me what my job is. I told him it's to do what I am told. He gave me a medal. I like the Imperial Guard."
    "Innocentia Probat Nihil"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Necrons would kill everything, nids would focus on IG.. and IG would run..

Its always unfluffy when I play my kids...

CSM and SM vs Dark Eldar

I Expect the Inquisition RecklessFable's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    210 (x5)

You might be able to justify it by saying that the hivemind is wise enough to understand that the Necrons are the other Top Predator in the galaxy... and therfore unwanted competition.

And besides, the Necrons will attack bugs anyway.
    RecklessFable's Journey to Mediocrity (Painting an IG army)
    I've been addicted to World of Tanks lately and neglecting my IG... But it is so... much... fun!

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    75 (x1)

I would just like to point out a passage in the Necron Codex relevant to this discussion:

Quote Originally Posted by Necron Codex p. 11
    ... a disturbing pattern has emerged in the movements of the Tyranid Hive Fleet Leviathan... a number of worlds within the center of this closing maw seem to have been avoided and left unmolested, as astropathic communication in these regions has, as yet, been unaffected by what some scholars term the Shadow in the Warp. There appears to be no logic to their survival, and why Tyranids should allow some worlds to survive is a mystery that surely warrants further investigation.
    This blatantly indicates that, for one reason or another, Tyranids avoid Necrons wherever possible.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    89 (x2)

Are the Necrons solely indigenous to our Galaxy? If not, would it be plausible to say that the Tyranids have encountered them before and perhaps born the scars of that fight fresh enough that they want nothing to do with them?

The Ancient Powers of Chaos, go where they please...
    Dusk Phantoms - Chaos Space Marine Fluff!

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

75 (x1)

Reading the origin section of the Necron codex, I would say yes, they Necrons are solely indigenous to our galaxy. It does indicate, though, that the C'tan were existent throughout the galaxy. However, I would imagine that once the Necrontyr began building the living bodies for the C'tan that they located, the other C'tan flocked to the galaxy to experience this new wonder.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    355 (x8)

It could be that those worlds are Tomb Worlds, and have no life on them for the Tyranids to feast. Or it could do with the Necron's anti-Warp technology, maybe it disrupts the Hive Mind.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

75 (x1)

I don't think it's because they are tomb worlds. The codex says that "astropathic communication in these regions has been unaffected." It seems to me that they mean that they Tyranids ignore entire systems. Also, it says that the Tyranids "allow some worlds to survive."

The Necron technology disrupting the Hive Mind is a reasonable explanation, though not what I would have said.

I would explain it in that the Hive Mind, being relatively psychic, senses the hatred-filled souls of the Necrons and knows that there would be no benefit to attacking a tomb world. The Tyranids would lose many more resources fighting the Necrons than they would gain from any meager human settlement on the planet.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    29 (x1)

Yeah, I'd say the Necrons would have more reason to attack the Tyranids than the 'nids have to attack the 'crons. For necrons it's all about the extermination of life, and their codex-as pointed out- indicates that Tyranids percieve them as a threat, at least in an instictive level.

In the scenario the tyranids would most likely kill the guard first, but might lash out against the necrons if they came too close. Sort of like lions defending their kill against scavengers.
    My award winning Orky tale

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast