Rainbow Warriors - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Right, I posted this to try and clear up the many rumours I keep hearing. I found the following infomation on inisfail.com/archives/ Then go on Space Marines, Rainbow Warriors.

Unlike the many rumours it is clearly written that the Rainbow Warriors were NOT one of the Chapters of the First Founding. Their information was NOT erased, since they had not become tainted.

Their home world was on a peninsula, surrounded by the blackness outside our galaxy. Warp storms appeared at the entrance of the peninsula, cutting them off from the rest of the Imperium. Here, fighting to keep their small amount of planets under their command from rebelling, their numbers dwindeled, until one of the Apothecaries found a Slaan mage. The creature taught him to reproduce the Marines, without using dark technology such as cloning. He brought the Chapter back to full strength, more even (1300). When the warp storms died out several thousands of years later, Terra sent a Crusade to the peninsula, expecting to find Chaotic taint, and minds controlled by Traitor Legions. What they found astounded them.

The Rainbow Warriors had gained control of the sector, created a new goverment free of taint, disbanded the Imperial Guards to limit rebellions, and defended the sector against Eldar raids and Chaotic invasions. Every time, the Rainbow Warriors had been brought close to death, but every time, their Apothecary brought them back up to strength. They had to use new weapons, theirs needing too many supplies to maintain properly.

As such, the Rainbow Warriors are now held as being one of the most faithful Chapters in the entire Imperium, and their fame grows as they exit from their peninsula to bring the light of the Emperor to all corners of their galaxy...

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Okay, but what is with all the other people saying that the SoB eradicated them? Or is that just a load of crap?
    'It is better to die on your feet than to live on your knees'-Pancho Villa

'You're not to be so blind with patriotism that you can't face reality. Wrong is wrong, no matter who does it or says it'-Malcolm X

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anything that doesn't come from GW is not true proper fluff, in the sense that it didn't actually happen in the 40k universe. It's an interesting piece. The one thing about it, is that Space Marines are supposed to be xenophobic to the max, which would mean that the Apothecary should have blasted that xenos scum to kingdom come.

John Reeves "Overcode" Hall, 1980-2005, http://overcode.yak.net/1

DONATE TO THE FIGHT AGAINST MELANOMA
    http://www.acsevents.org/faf/r.asp?t...99915-86454580

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    47 (x3)

The fluff about them being cut off is written by a fan, although really good it is not "set in stone".
    As far as the SoB eradicating them, that comes from a single picture in the rogue traitor book of a SOB blasting a Rainbow Warrior marine. No fluff was written about the chapter, but allot of people believe this one picture represents the fall of the Rainbow warriors, in my opinion the SOB in the pic looks evil and has the word "Sister Sin" on her armor, with I think may point in the direction of corrupt sisters.
    Anyway, I really like the story written about the rainbow warriors and hope to see GW verifies it or write their own information.
    -GM
    I put the Laughter back into Slaughter.
    Sons of Prometheus <click>
    Children of Murder <clic>

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The reason why everyone thinks the rainbow marines are caput is because in the introduction to Witch Hunters in White Dwarf, they recal that pic of a Sister of Battle fighting a Rainbow marine and then ask, have you heard of the rainbow marines lately? Implying that they were exterminated with extreme prejudice.
    “Cry ‘Havoc’ and let slip the dogs of war!? - Julius Caesar, Act III, Scene I

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For this fluff which I found, they do not get eradicated, and they dont even belong to the 1st Founding (the 3rd).

You have not heard of the Rainbow Warriors since a while, because I believe that part of space has been cut off by yet another Warp Storm, therefor the Chapter is isolated.

This might not be the GW stuff (they havent done anything about these guys...), but I find it is pretty solid, and can account for the rumours.

I say we accept this as the general view on the Rainbow Warriors, instead of them being corrupt, and getting wiped off of the face of the Imperium...

I believe (cant remember) but the Slaan did not look like a Xenos in the begining, or that the Apothercary tried shooting it, but it stopped its bullets short... Something along those lines.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    171 (x6)

Maybe we can get a warp storm to cut off the rainbow warriors in SanFran for a few millenia?

Anyhow, the Rainbow Marines are probably not being updated at this moment because 40k has taken a turn towards "realistic" paint schemes. Rainbow armor just doesn&#39;t really fit into the current theme of the game and is just a little too reminiscent of the care bears.

I mean, come on, would YOU want a care bear defending YOUR galaxy? Well... Maybe Grumpy Bear....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    54 (x5)

the rainbow warriors had a purple/dark blue colour scheme...as far as i can tell they were a vanilla chapter and supposedly they were called the rainbow warriors because of the warpaint they wore on their faces,which i believe is some sort of reference to a proffesional wrestler from the late 80&#39;s/early 90&#39;s..and as far as the fluff gos it&#39;s hard to tell if any of the stories out there are official b/c I don&#39;t think GW has any actual official stuff for them printed.I could be wrong,but I&#39;ve been looking into it pretty hard..mainly because I got tired of everybody spouting off about how they&#39;re actualy a chapter of gay marines or how they&#39;re one of the 2 missing foundings. I just don&#39;t see why it&#39;s so hard for people to underestand thet GW never actualy made those 2 liegons,they just created two intentionaly blank spaces in the leigon list so that they could A: add some mystery to thier story and B: Have some room to add something new way on down the line if they wanted to.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by cybugger@Aug 6 2004, 12:41
    For this fluff which I found, they do not get eradicated, and they dont even belong to the 1st Founding (the 3rd).

You have not heard of the Rainbow Warriors since a while, because I believe that part of space has been cut off by yet another Warp Storm, therefor the Chapter is isolated.

This might not be the GW stuff (they havent done anything about these guys...), but I find it is pretty solid, and can account for the rumours.

I say we accept this as the general view on the Rainbow Warriors, instead of them being corrupt, and getting wiped off of the face of the Imperium...

I believe (cant remember) but the Slaan did not look like a Xenos in the begining, or that the Apothercary tried shooting it, but it stopped its bullets short... Something along those lines.
    [snapback]193271[/snapback]
    Why are you so intent on keeping this chapter alive? It must be the stupidest name for a marine chapter ever. 40K is a dark gothic place and they have really no place in it as hourglass said.
    “Cry ‘Havoc’ and let slip the dogs of war!? - Julius Caesar, Act III, Scene I

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The one and only reason why they are gone is because the guy who invented them left GW, along with the copyright for the Rainbow warriors.

Explanations in fluff was made afterwards. It&#39;s like when a soap opera actor quits his job, the script writers have to write him out of the storyline. The usual solutions is to make an episode about him getting killed in an accident or murdered, or he simply moves away to the neighbouring city.

In the same way, GW quickly made up some fluff about why they&#39;re gone(I don&#39;t know which story they used).
    Ave Dominus Nox!

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast