Primarch Height? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Primarch Height?

I've lately been working on creating an army of the II legion. I've been writing up some fluff which is quickly evolving from random information to a full scale novel.

In creating a Primarch, in terms of lore and the actual model, how big are they? I know they are often quite larger than your standard marine, so I was considering basing the model off of something from the Inquisitor range.

If anyone has any insight to share or previous Primarch modelling tips I would appreciate it.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    163 (x6)

I think Inquisitor would be rather large. Heh.

I don't know of the EXACT heights off the top my head, maybe the Horus Heresy novels mention it for one or two. I know Space Marines are supposed to be in the 7-8 foot range, depending on the individual. Then in most the HH novels, the Primarchs are usually ~1 head or so taller. I do know Magus was phanominaly larger than a normal space marine though.

As for trying to make a model, I would suggest finding a model WIP that has some height extention details. I don't know of any in particular, but I have seen people cut the legs of the marines, then use a couple milimeter long... I don't know, stapple?... then use green stuff to fill in the gaps. Sorry, rouph explanation, I have never done it myself. Heh

Hope this helps you out some though, let us all know how the II turns out though.

Khan

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks for the info. I think I'll end up scratch building it to be perhaps 10% larger than the average marine. I'll post a new thread about the II when the storyline is fully formulated.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    450 (x8)

It probably varied.. Magnus the Red was always huge, but most of the Primarchs don't seem to have been much bigger than an average marine. Inquisitor sized is way too big..

Their power was mostly psychic rather than physical..

LO's unofficial Jester Visitor Q's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    377 (x8)

In the Horus Heresy books much emphasis is put on the Primarchs being as impressive size wise compared to marines as Marines are to ordinary humans.

Say an average human height of 5'10 or so and an average Marine height of 7 foot then I think the Primarchs should be around 9 foot or so.
    "God is dead" Nietzsche- 1886
    "Nietzsche is dead" God- 1900

Why are there scams? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q71FLDIMBc8

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    367 (x5)

To follow up Q's post, I believe in the HH books the Primarchs are usually mentioned to be roughly 9 feet tall.
    (WH40K) Dark Eldar - (12,000pts) Sisters of Battle - (5000pts) Dark Angels -(3500pts) (WHFB) Dark Elves - (10,000pts) Beastmen - (5000pts) Empire - (3000pts) Wood Elves - (1500pts)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's sounds about right, but how do you think that would translate to model size? Perhaps slightly larger than a terminator?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Roboute Guilliman - Senji Studios -

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ah great. Thanks man.

A legend in my own mind.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    73 (x3)

Yea i agree with that model comparison, i imgined them to be about that size in the HH series, also there is a picture of horus confrontted by the Emperor surrounded by Marines, they look like puny guardsmen in comparison. So saying a primarch was on average 9-10 feet tall is a safe bet
    If a Million Guardsmen die, that's a statistic. If one marine dies, that's a tragedy.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast