Guard - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Guard

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Guard

So like everyone in warhammer I have started an Imperial Guard army and basically heres the fluff

Planet: Gehenna _________(this is blank because I figure there is already a gehenna and my fluff will be different from whatever fluff exists on that world but I don't know how many other gehennas there are so I dare not risk naming it yet. I am also writing this more as a synopsis of the planet and it's people.

Planetary Synopsis: As per your intentions noble lord I have compiled a detail anthropological study of the Gehenna __________ people as well as historical study. It seems Gehenna before the Emperor, glory be his name began the great crusade during the age of strife Gehenna was a dumping ground for all the nearby planets in the region. Chemical, Biological and radioactive agents were dropped on the planet as well as mundane garbage. Eventually they people of the neighboring systems decided to use it as a Prison Planet. Much like our own Penal Worlds great Hive Prisons were built on the surface of this contaminated hell whole and Guards recruited from all the neighboring systems were brought on along with their families to serve as the planet's garrison and make sure the Inmates didn't escape. One of the worlds in the region was a forge world which could be why they felt this would be an issue.
    The people of Gehenna over the 10 thousand years since then have developed 3 Castes for their society based on this. The First being called the Protector Caste (probly shortened from some older term) these were the descendants of the Guards. They make up the ruling class with the highest of their number making up the High Wardens with the highest among those being the Governor of the planet or Lord Warden.
    The next is of course the Lifers. the Lifers are the descendants of the Prisoners of Gehenna. This is where my work attained the most data. Apparently each prisoner family is still serving time for the crime their descendant committed over ten thousand years ago. With each marriage down the line adding the sentence of the family they marry from. No where else in the Imperium are records so meticulously kept on commoners. Apparently the prisoner families take the name of the crime onto their name in marriage. An example of this is Derren Threll-Rape The threll family apparently descends from a Rapist so the crime is a part of his identity.
    The most interesting caste by far is the middle class of this world known as the Half Lifes. these are people who are members of both prisoner and guard families. This caste has grown in number since the bringing of this world into the imperium. The Family that of course marries into the guard family gets whats called a Sentence reduction. Which once the generational sentence reductions have been applied and brought a Half Life's family down to zero they have the right to die off Gehenna soil or become guard families.
    In battle the warriors of Gehenna from the Lifer and half lifer caste who are die are painstakingly recovered so that their bodies can be returned to gehenna. Protector caste and Half lives who have a full pardon are allowed to die on the worlds their regiment is brought to. This is called "Pension-Retirement."
    It is also no surprise that the people of Gehenna have a high turnout of Adeptus Arbites in the Adeptus as well.
    In short this has been an overview of the Planet Gehenna _________ I hope this lowly servent has lived up to his masters expectations and that of the glorious lord of mankind in the compilation of this text.

Signed Magos Kellermen

"He made it look easy. Even though it never was. He never stopped fighting for what he believed in...or for what he believed his country should be."-Captain America the Death of a Dream

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sardaukar?

Seems an intresting variant from the normal ''penal legions''. In fact this sounds a lot like one guy was telling me the other week. Do you go to Millenium Henrietta at all?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sadukar or however they are spelled is one source on inspiration I have no idea what you are talking about with the other thing though.
    "He made it look easy. Even though it never was. He never stopped fighting for what he believed in...or for what he believed his country should be."-Captain America the Death of a Dream

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No sweat, Millenium Games and Hobbies is a store in Rochester. I guy thier was telling me a themed army just like yours.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well thing is I am using cadian Bodies with Pig iron Near future heads for the whole bio/chem/rad warfare look.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Where did you get those heads? Do they look good?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Untitled Document

I am using HD1, HD 2, HD 10, and HD 12 as my army so basically you put those heads on cadian bodies. I am using the HD 1 for Snipers, Penal Legion, and other grunts. HD 2 is for standard Infantry and HD 10 for like veterans.

+ Reply to Thread