imperial guard/necrons army - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

imperial guard/necrons army

What does the world think of a traitorous Imperial Guard army that embraced the gifts of C'tan through the Deceiver.

I know it sounds a bit weird and may not work but I would be stoked to hear feedback.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I Believe that The imperial guard could embrace c'tan but then the world and it's inhabitants would be 'mechanized' into crons so they cant be like a lost and the damned for c'tan though
    "I know why dont we have wild lesbian sex infront of your boyfriend *evil giggle*" - IDEAS:There are good ideas, bad ideas and ground breaking ideas....and my friends this is a ground breaking idea

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    324 (x8)

The most likely occurrence for Imperials and Necrons working together is via the adeptus mechanicus being manipulated by the void dragon.

Alternatively you could have the Deceiver posing as an Imperial general, and commanding the Necrons AND the guard to the same objective. He'd make up some story about how the Ad-mech brought them under imperial control, and very likely anyone who questioned it would mysteriously disappear. I'm curious to see how large a force the D could build in this way. Alternatively, the Deceiver HAS posed as Imperial governors before, and doing so would give access to that planet's PDF. After that it's just a matter of teleporting in Necron reinforcements at the last second. Note you don't have to use the Deceiver on the board, he's far more of a "behind the scenes" character anyway.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Deceive me!!!

Well their could have been some sort of uprising caused by the deceiver, and in the same sort of manner the original necrons were turned into metal, the guardsman regiments were turned into part robotic bio-killing machines.

In a model sense the guardsmen could look something like flayed ones but instead of just skin draped over the robot, PARTS OF BODIES!!! GRUESOOOOOME!!!!
    "You my brothers! Raise your swords! Load your bolters! Tonight if we see no victory , but eternal glory, our souls will be place at the right hand side of the Lion and of the Emperor!" Master Germanus, seige of Flaxus

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    450 (x8)

The C'tan don't really seem to do loyal minions so much as mechanical slaves.. Unless you want to make a guard army of Borg-esque willess slave-drones it's hard to see such a relationship working.

The C'tan also aren't Gods so they don't really give gifts.. They're energy beings, they reorder the fabric of reality at will and excercise some control over the subatomic level of the universe, but they won't make you stronger or faster or more attractive except by grafting mechanical implants onto you.

LO's unofficial Jester Visitor Q's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    377 (x8)

I don't know, while ultimately the C'tan would 'mechanize' the humans I could see the Deceiver influencing a human world for several generations even centuries before finally descending in glory to claim the world for his own.
    "God is dead" Nietzsche- 1886
    "Nietzsche is dead" God- 1900

Why are there scams? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q71FLDIMBc8

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There IS some amount of precidence for this in the Necron codex....a short story about a planet that embraced a C'tan as thier God. After the C'tan left, the race was nearly wiped out and renounced the C'tan for abandoning them. When he returned sometime later, he basicaly destroyed what was left of thier civilization for "failing" him.

Personaly, I see the imperium as being the C'tans' puppets in many ways to begain with. So IG and 'crons working together seems like a legit idea.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It could happen. Just need some fluff behind what and why.

I can see a story for it already.

A lone servitor makes simple mistakes in regards to the file systems labeling certain space lanes as off limits to anything but military vessels. This seemingly minor mistake is over looked and the broadcast beacons are set. Years later another mistake is made though a bit more complex. The sector finds itself in the middle of a heretical uprising as the capital is burned to the ground during the fighting. Over the course of a ten year period, numerous decrees and orders are passed down from Sector’s governing office dictating the war effort. Unknown to all though, a ranking member of the Governors staff was making small adjustments to orders and decrees. The eventual outcome was the total destruction of several Guard Regiments that were ordered over and over to go to the fiercest battles. The other effect of these minor adjustments was that every facility that housed knowledge of a particular system were destroyed in the war or suffered serious damage to the point that most if not all records were destroyed.

By the end of the war, System 3R84 ‘Caustic’ was lost to the records and to those who did know of its existence, it was lost in the war. If one walked the grand halls of the Sector Governors Palace and asked about this lone system, one would meet with blank stares and shrugs. It held no major resources that were required by the Imperium. It was one of the most remote and strategically less important systems in the sector. It was easy to forget about when there were hundreds of worlds in need of supplies, food and major repairs and reparations.

Those ships that did attempt to make forays out to System 3R84 disappeared. Since all of them were non military ships, no one took notice and assumed that the reason was due to why there were broadcast beacons in the first place. Eventually, captains avoided the area as they should.

Hundreds of years passed and the sector was finally reaching a point where it had more than fully recovered from the heretical war that it suffered. Machines of war were churning at full capacity and vast amounts of weapon stores and vehicles lay ready to be sent to the newest front. They did not wait long as the Orks launched a massive invasion of the Armageddon system. Every regiment is mobilized and sent forth to either aid the beleaguered system or to reinforce other systems nearby.

As the last transport ship enters the warp leaving the system, a lone vessel taking unprecedented routes around the old space lanes to reach System 3R84, arrives. An old Inquisitor who discovered some missing data and has been following the trail of 3R84 for several years makes a terrible discovery. While he expected to see at most a few worlds either destroyed or lost to heretical ways, he was not prepared for the sight he did get. Armored space stations utilizing alien technology protected the populated planets. Scanning indicated that the worlds were still very much heavily populated and very active.

Unfortunately his ship was discovered and quickly overrun by the alien warships. It was only then he and his crew learned the true nature of these aliens as Necrons teleported directly aboard his ship killing his crew while sparing the old man.

Ya ok I am at work and need to work not write. I just starting and couldn't stop. Sorry but maybe you get the idea. I might actually revisit this and actually make a short story out of it when I am NOT working lol.

+ Reply to Thread