T'au K'os - My first attempt at Army fluff. - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

T'au K'os - My first attempt at Army fluff.

This is my first attempt at some army fluff, as I just started Warhammer 40k a few weeks ago.
    Here it goes.

Army: Tau
    Sept: T’au
    Cadre Name: K’os
    Commander name: Shas’el T’au Niersha Zeev
    Sept Colors: Armor: Black, Clothing: red/maroon, Sept marking: white

As one of the few commanders of the Empire to face the dread warrior of Chaos in battle Shas’el Zeev has learned more about the power of fear than any other T’au warrior. Upon returning to T’au his Cadre began to train in tactics to maximize fear and made to throw off the enemies’ momentum. This focus created a minor rift between them, who use the Mont’ka to achieve their goal, and his normally Kauyon superiors. Due to this rift he his Trial by Fire has been delayed multiple times. Many doubted his shock tactics until they were demonstrated to dramatic effect on the planet of Niersha, where a small group of K’os (thus dubbed due to their tactics, which often resemble those used by the warriors of Chaos*…at least in the eyes of other Tau) utterly destroyed an Orkish Waaagh that was gathering on the planet. It was said that the Ork Warboss was seen running scared from the sight of the Shas’el’s XV8 and its black and crimson coloring*. After this his unit gained enough recognition to be accepted by the greater authorities on T’au and Shas’el Zeev was given the permission to partake in the Trial of Fire, which he promptly turned down. Due to his ‘savage’ nature (at least compared to other Tau) Shas’el Zeev enjoys better than normal relations with his Kroot auxiliaries.
    *The name is just based in similarities in tactics, not beliefs. Shas’el Zeev is a firm believer in the Greater Good.
    *Despite his victory on Niersha and the stories that it spawned, T’au commanders have ordered Shas’el Zeev to repaint his XV8 and all drones in traditional T’au colors. Though reluctant at first Zeev relented under threats to disperse his Cadre.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Considering nobody has posted here I am assuming my fluff is...less than spectacular.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    89 (x2)

It's not bad for the first piece of fluff. Don't be discouraged by the lack of comments. The Fluff Forums aren't what they used to be, and what few readers exist perhaps find themselves... how to put it in a way that doesn't offend everyone... Actually I can't, so I'll just not say anything.

Personally, I liked it, you could expand on it of course - but that depends on what you want from it. Are you happy with just a brief backstory for your army, or do you want to write an epic tale that describes their unorthodox psycho-terror tactics and methods on the battlefield?

Read up on some Tau fluff for inspiration, there's currently a project, called Unity's Fall, where a few of the writers handle the Tau. If you feel like it, you could read and send those specific writers a private message. Who knows? Maybe they'll help you out or comment on your fluff.

The way your write about Shas'el makes me think that he could be a worthy candidate to become a renegate Tau army. He could still believe in the greater good, but perhaps his faith in the system might be shaken by the bureaucracy and deliberation. Then he could keep that cool black and crimson colour for his Cadre and bring swift death to the enemies of the Greater Good.

Just food for thought.

The Ancient Powers of Chaos, go where they please...
    Dusk Phantoms - Chaos Space Marine Fluff!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks!

I thought about making him renegade, but I want the guy to still be a devout tau. He merely takes the "Join us or die" aspect of Tau philosophy to the extreme. He fully believes in the Ethereals, but wants to make sure they use every tactic possible to maximize the success of the Greater Good.

Oh and his Cadre still uses the Black/Crimson color scheme, only him and the drones are classic T'au brown/black/red

After I finish the novella I am working for I plan on jamming out some fiction for these guys.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry but I just cant see an Ork Warboss running away from anything. If you changed the army to IG or some other army I could see it work out much better and discribe what they did to be so frightening. They lerned from Chaos so make it realy horrible like war crimes horrible.

PS talk about how its not so much they dont belive in the tactect but the taint of chaos that might have enterd into the group of warriors.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It was basically a rumor that the Ork Warboss ran. A piece of propaganda for the unit (All Tau like their propaganda).

Also other Tau would not think the unit was tainted by chaos...just because no Tau has yet been corrupted by Chaos (that we know of). They do not know that Chaos even can really corrupt, they may believe what the Gue'vesa tell them about it is just propaganda and dogma to keep subordinates under control.

Other Tau would disagree with the units tactics. Tau are not quite as hard line about "win by any means necessary" as humans and orks. They generally consider the tactics of fear and mass slaughter to be barbaric and dishonorable. My unit will ride the razor edge...trying to instill mass fear in the enemy unit, while not going so far as to be censored/prosecuted for war crimes (which the Tau have been known to do, see Tau Codex pg.14-15.)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tactics

I thought I would post some of the T'au K'os' tactics. Most of these are fluffy and would be impossible (improbable) in the real game.

'Kroot Pit'- Not an unheard of tactic, the T'au K'os put an...interesting...spin on it. A large group of kroot (usually commanded by a Shaper) will hide in a well camoflauged hole. The rest of the tau units will then goad the enemy to stand over this pit...where the Kroot will drag them under and....do what Kroot do (They are not called 'Carnivores' for nothin'). After feasting the Kroot will storm out of their hole, covered in blood, and engage the nearest enemy unit...usually destroying it, and always demoralizing it.

'Flame Wall' - The T'au K'os love fire. Alot. To this end they have made a strategy where their Suits jump over a enemy unit, line up, and proceed to torch the area with twin linked flamers. This, like most of their tactics, is made to inspire fear and break enemy moral. It does this very well, especially against IG and Orks. Against Tyranids....it just kills lots of things. This Tactic is discarded when fighting Eldar, Dark Eldar, Chaos, or Space Marines.

'Makeshift Oven'- The Tau deepstrike a two man battlesuit team, one of which is armed with twin linked Fusion Blasters and the other with TL flamers, behind enemy lines. These units proceed to blast the back out of tanks (especially transports) and use the flamers to roast the crew/passengers.

'Thunder Clap'- In a Thunder Trap Hammerheads will rain down sub-munitions. These will of course kill troops and cause fear. However the K'os Cadre will also used massed Stealth Suit teams to jump out of cover and rip through enemy formations with their Burst Cannons. The K'os have found that the ionization of the air caused by the sub-munition blast make flashes and bangs apear when Burst Cannon rounds are fired in the area. This creates the effect of many more troops firing then actually are and that these troops cannot be seen. Unlike other K'os tactics many commanders have adopted this use of submunitions and stealth sits.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

nice piece of fuff for a first, i really like the tactics, they sound... evil.

+ Reply to Thread