Cadian armour locality - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cadian armour locality

Hello everyone
    I'm rather new here (to this forum but not to 40k) and I had a small fluff question concerning the cadian armour style and its use on off worlders.

I'm intending to create a new army founded in the Ruin system, an agricultural based one which is right next to the Armagedon system (and I have a map to prove it!). Would it be 'realistic' for a regiment from such a system to use cadian armour, instead of that produced on Armagedon itself (If there is any)?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

795 (x8)

I read in the main rulebook I think that Cadian armour is often the standard design for many Imperial guard regiments. Also some have copied the design. You can easily claim that they use the same amour by saying it has it's origins with the same designers though it is now produced in a completely different place. You do also have to use what GW models are made, the only (plastic) alternative I can think of are the Catachan models. I think it will be fine to say fluff-wise that they use the same kind of armour.

LO's unofficial Jester Visitor Q's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    377 (x8)

As well as the above point being well made also remember that the Imperial bureaucracy is incredibly inefficient. It is not totally inconceivable that 20,000 suits of Cadian style flak armour gets shipped to some distant world simply throguh the process of the Munitorium getting wrapped up in red tape.
    "God is dead" Nietzsche- 1886
    "Nietzsche is dead" God- 1900

Why are there scams? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q71FLDIMBc8

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    539 (x8)

Yeah, and besides, it needn't be the cadians advanced poylemers armor, the plates could easily be leather encased in a plastic cover or something more low tech.
    Got a "good" rumour from a GW staffer? Forget about it, LO'ers know more than any random GW shop staffer.
    Voor alle nederlanders:
    The Dutch Legion
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well since I plan to have them fighting in jungle enviroments (on Armageddon and other worlds), it would be smart to have then NOT wear the "advanced poylemers armor" as Zemaphore calls it, as it would be too uncomfortable. Maybe a cheaper material, more easily manufactured on Rius (which I miss spelt in my first post) or Armageddon is plausable, though there are Cadian Shock troops on Armageddon, so they could have brought some too.

If I chose the cheap material idea it would explain why my regiment doesn't have rebreathers which are needed to survive in the ash wastes of Armegeddon (since rules have stated you need close crew compartments and the like to stop corrosion of electronics and to protect the crew.....)

Damn, too many choices.....
    Last edited by Andy.G; May 13th, 2009 at 16:20.

+ Reply to Thread