Dark Eldar and Slaanesh - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dark Eldar and Slaanesh

Hello everyone hope I've posted this in the right place.

So to try and give my new dark eldar army a unique flavour and character I was thinking of ways to twist elements of the history of the dark eldar to provide an alternative army background. Basically I need people who know the fluff more than me to make sure its not full of holes.

The idea is simple enough; traditionally dark eldar live in fear of Slannesh 'the one who thirsts' and the hold the god has over their souls. My idea was that a small minority of dark eldar existing outside of commoragh have formed a cult of Slaanesh.

Rather than trying to escape their fate these dark eldar embrace slaanesh as the true incarnation of hedonism, perversion and pleasure, living to further the ambitions of their God. They view the sacrifice of their own decadent souls to slaanesh as the ultimate gift; to become part of the personification of their evil desires.For them the creation of slaanesh, and the role the eldar played in this remains an event of significant importance and they interpret the worship of slaanesh as the true legacy of the pleasure cults.

In game terms the army would be represented by the standard dark eldar army list, with the modelling supportin the fluff, Slaanesh markings would be added to armour and icons, slaaneshi mounts will replace the old warp beast models and where appropriate suitable mutations be modelled on to some models.

What do people think? Has it been done before? Is the idea coherent with 40k fluff?

Thanks! Tom.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    96 (x2)

Slaanesh-eldar? Chaos Eldar?

Oh, yes, many people was thinking about it but in a different context.

Some years ago that was the main fear of some of us that with the new dex the DE will end up as a Slaanesh cult chaos eldar.

As it was beleivable two years ago, it can be accepted today as sounds as a Logic path to DE kabal following Slaanesh. In other hand it sounds as "traitor" DE.

I would not mind myself if You`ll tell me that You run such an army, but I am very flexible in these matters (WYSWIG, Fluff etc.), some are not.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    415 (x8)

It's tricky, because if the Dark Eldar gave themselves over to Slaanesh he'd just eat them, but you could say that they secured the safety of their souls in exchange for eternal service or something like that. Maybe they were devoured and then daemons possessed and animated their corpses.
    The above poster = Totally a member of the Fluff Masters Clan. Click here for fluff pwnage.

Come, sons of LO! Kneel before Poodle!

Mr_Wayne: "Some people believe that the World Eaters do not field any ranged weaponry. Those people often die at a distance."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    89 (x2)

It's tricky buisness really, isn't there an entire Pantheon of Eldar Gods? What about Khaine? The Eldar god of murder and battle. In Warhammer Fantasy the Dark Elves worship him primarily, while in 40K it seems the Eldar do, but what of the Dark Eldar?

The Ancient Powers of Chaos, go where they please...
    Dusk Phantoms - Chaos Space Marine Fluff!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    142 (x5)

Quote Originally Posted by Adahn View Post
    In Warhammer Fantasy the Dark Elves worship him primarily, while in 40K it seems the Eldar do, but what of the Dark Eldar?
    It's possible, but not really gone into. I'd assume they might, but they're possibly a bit too much of a law unto themselves to really manage worship as such. Slaaneshi Eldar are mentioned as a possibility in the second edition codex, so I'd guess it can work. The trick is working out how Slaanesh would benefit more by the Eldar's servitude than by their slaughter.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Xerxes View Post
    It's possible, but not really gone into. I'd assume they might, but they're possibly a bit too much of a law unto themselves to really manage worship as such. Slaaneshi Eldar are mentioned as a possibility in the second edition codex, so I'd guess it can work. The trick is working out how Slaanesh would benefit more by the Eldar's servitude than by their slaughter.
    Hmm thats what I was tryng to figure out, it seems the most pressing question to me so far. I'm trying to think of an advantage dark eldar have over other races that Slaanesh could uttilise, even if it was only relatively small, from a small army of dark eldar.

Perhaps they could provide slaanesh with more souls by sacrificing the victims of their raids to him/her, that way Slaanesh gets a net gain of more souls than he would if he took theirs straight away. Perhaps they could promote Slaanesh's teachings of pleasure in dark eldar space and provide him with more souls from other 'normal' dark eldar that are captured.

What do people think. Any soultions??

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well it's possible, if they made a deal.
    Betraying their own in return for their own 'temporary' safety and even further heightened senses/pleasures.

+ Reply to Thread