General question Dante, chapter master of BA - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    30 (x1)

General question Dante, chapter master of BA

well i have a few questions. first, how long exactly has dante lived for? because in the new BA codex it says he has lead the BA for 1100 years. but the next page says he was born 1100 years ago.........what? so did he start leading the BAs when he was a baby....(laughing out loud). but seriously, so does that mean that dante is OVER 1100 years old or is there something out there that i don't know about, eg from novels etc.

cheers

FOR THE GREAT SANGUINIUS AND THE EMPEROR....red and black all the way.
    Theme song for the Death Company. "Gory Gory" By the men of Easy company, 101st Airborne, 506.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    403 (x8)

I've seen the bit about him leading for 1100 years several times, but not that he's 1100 years old (I've only seen that once, maybe twice)... so I'd guess it was the latter that is incorrect, but you can never tell with GW Fluff.

Unless of course the books are written from the PoV of a different time, which considering the game is now set a good few hundred years later than 2nd ed could well account for it. Although sod's law says they're back to front in that regard, meaning he'd been leading for over a millenia when he was only 800 years old
    My Deathwatch Campaign
    Furious Angels: (SM) W22, D1, L9 (BA) W15, D0, L3 | Sentinels of Saphery (HE) W3, D0, L0

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    30 (x1)

only 800 years old.........ONLY? thats pretty long even for a SM isn't it? i know most marines can live for 500 years+. wait....does that mean that dante is roughly 2000 years old?
    Theme song for the Death Company. "Gory Gory" By the men of Easy company, 101st Airborne, 506.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    415 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by chenyboy View Post
    only 800 years old.........ONLY? thats pretty long even for a SM isn't it? i know most marines can live for 500 years+. wait....does that mean that dante is roughly 2000 years old?
    I think his official age is 1100 by the time of the Eye of Terror campaign. If a line says that he "reigned for" 1100 years, it's probably a typo. Exactly how old he is is...questionable, due to conflicting sources, but I always settled on 1100.

For most Space Marines, living 100 years is a worthy accomplishment. It's not so much failings of the body that take them down, but the near-constant combat. Cassius, of the Ultramarines, is the eldest member at 400-ish. Dante is a walking exception; it's amazing not only that he lived that long, but that he lived that long without falling to the Black Rage.
    The above poster = Totally a member of the Fluff Masters Clan. Click here for fluff pwnage.

Come, sons of LO! Kneel before Poodle!

Mr_Wayne: "Some people believe that the World Eaters do not field any ranged weaponry. Those people often die at a distance."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    30 (x1)

yeah that was my second question. for someone to live that long and not undergo the blackthirst, he must have had a few close encounter. like Rafen in the deus novels.

+ Reply to Thread