space marine size comparison - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

space marine size comparison

if you were expecting a photo sorry, but what i wanna know is what is the chronological order in size, better yet, the actual height of the following:

Emperor
    Primarch
    Grey Knight
    GK Termy
    SM Termy
    Space Marine
    Custodian Guard
    Dreadnought
    Chapter Masters
    and Other Veterans

I read on Bolter and Chainsword that a Custode is to a marine in size what a marine is to a guardsman of the IG, and Constatine Valdor the chief custode was "almost" the size of a primarch, yet i saw this anonomous pic on google with the emprah and his boys, he looked to them in terms of size the way a marine is to a IG guardsman, so IOW if the Custodes are bigger than marines, and Valdor is bigger than them but not quite as much a the Primarchs (where did that word originate from anyway?) who were STILL smaller than the Emperor. kinda confusing i know...

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well as far as I can make out...

Dreadnought
    Emperor (in Power Armour)
    Primarch (In Power Armour)
    GK Termy/SM Termy
    Custodian Guard
    Grey Knight/Space Marine/Chapter Masters/Other Veterans

And the name Primarch to me evokes the words Primary and Patriarch, here are Dictionary.com's deffinitions of those two words.
    Primary definition | Dictionary.com
    Patriarch definition | Dictionary.com
    As in the first and leader of the Legions.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    403 (x8)

Huh, the word Primarch has been part of my vocab for so long it's only just occured to me it's not a "real" word
    My Deathwatch Campaign
    Furious Angels: (SM) W22, D1, L9 (BA) W15, D0, L3 | Sentinels of Saphery (HE) W3, D0, L0

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    355 (x8)

Dreadnoughts, according to fluff such as the Word Bearer novels, are five metres tall.

Grey Knights and Space Marines are the same size, and Chapter Masters and Veterans aren't any bigger (they arent Orks, they don't grow in size like that). Space Marines in generally are half as tall again as a normal man, so say, eight to ten feet tall.

According to Abnett in Tales of Heresy, a Custodes is maybe a few centimetres taller than a Marine, the differences wouldn't be noticed by an outsider).

Terminators are a head taller than their power armoured buddies.

Primarchs are said in the HH novels to be to a Space Marine the size a Space Marine is when compared to a normal man, they would be half again as tall. So I'd say 12 to 15 feet tall. And Magnus and Mortarion were supposed to be even taller.

The Emperor is said to be a giant by Horus, and all the pictures of the two show them to be a similar size, so I'd say he's roughly the same size as a Primarch.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    146 (x4)

Sitll, even in power armour it's hard to imagine the Emporor being 14-18 foot tall, not far off a Dreadnought!

Human - 6-7 ft
    Space Marine (no armour) - 7-8 ft
    Space Marine (in power armour) - 8-9 ft
    Space Marine (in Terminator armour) - 9-10 ft
    Primarch - 10-11 ft
    Emperor - 11-12 ft
    Dreadnought 21-24 ft

That's how I've looked at it, give or take of course if someone is exceptionally tall.

PL
    I hear and I forget, I see and I remember, I do and I understand

Success is the ability to go from failure to failure without losing your enthusiasm.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    235 (x6)

Quote Originally Posted by realitycheque View Post
    Huh, the word Primarch has been part of my vocab for so long it's only just occured to me it's not a "real" word
    I always equate it with that place my missus makes me go to buy cheap clothes. I bet GW were gutted when they started opening Primarks throughout the land... >_<

Also, I always thought Termies were roughly the same height as normal Marines in power armour; they were just far, far more bulky. If you think about it Termie armour was created for use in ship boardings and close-quarter fighting in confined spaces; doesn't make much sense to design a suit for that and make it taller than an ordinary suit of power armour.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    452 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Pheonix Lord View Post
    Sitll, even in power armour it's hard to imagine the Emporor being 14-18 foot tall, not far off a Dreadnought!

Human - 6-7 ft
    Primarch - 10-11 ft
    Emperor - 11-12 ft
    Dreadnought 21-24 ft

That's how I've looked at it, give or take of course if someone is exceptionally tall.

PL
    Sounds about right to me.
    IG Best Gen 1st overall of 10 DE 4th overall of 6
    Eldar 3rd Overall/Best General of 26--2nd Overall/Best General of 7--1st Overall/Best General of 11

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    355 (x8)

Human - 6-7 ft
    Primarch - 10-11 ft
    Emperor - 11-12 ft
    Dreadnought 21-24 ft

PL
    Why not? The Emperor did wrestle a C'tan into submission, and a Primarch was able to take down an Avatar of Khaine with his bare fists. And if you continue to take the HH series as canon, it states that SM are half again human size, and Primarchs are to Space Marines what Space Marines are to humans. Even if that is only in power armour, that would make Primarchs 13 feet tall or so.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    146 (x4)

Quote Originally Posted by Marius the Possessed View Post
    Why not? The Emperor did wrestle a C'tan into submission
    0_o did I miss something? When did that happen?

Quote Originally Posted by Marius the Possessed View Post
    and a Primarch was able to take down an Avatar of Khaine with his bare fists.
    Only thanks to that stupid sword distracting the Avatar. Chaos cheats!
    Besides, what's that got to do with size? Not heard of small man syndrome?

PL
    I hear and I forget, I see and I remember, I do and I understand

Success is the ability to go from failure to failure without losing your enthusiasm.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

355 (x8)

0_o did I miss something? When did that happen?
    Read Mechanicum, it explains that (spoilers) the Emperor wrestled the Void Dragon into submission in the 16th century, then took him to Mars and used him to create the Adeptus Mechanicus. It isn't specifically called the Void Dragon or a C'tan, but a giant metal dragon that gives people visions about creating technology? It's got to be the Void Dragon. (end of spoilers, highlight them to read).

Only thanks to that stupid sword distracting the Avatar. Chaos cheats!
    Besides, what's that got to do with size? Not heard of small man syndrome?

PL
    Still took him out with the old one two. And since when is throwing your sword away cheating? No-one would accuse someone of cheating if he tossed a gun away in a fight.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast