Poseidon Legion Chapter - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Poseidon Legion Chapter

Im not primarily a Marines Collector, infact until a couple of days ago i thought they were boring, However my brother had a few of his models lying around so i figured i could paint them as a retreat from my continuous eldar army!

To my suprise, i actualy liked the scheme i had painted them, so i though that once i have finished my 1500-2000 pt Zahr Tann Army i can move onto my latest fluff-tastic edition!

Poseidon Legion!

Heres a brief outline (and some pics ) of my ideas.

Origin

The Poseidon Legion originates from the Alpha Legions of millenia ago, before the Great Betrayal.

Alpha Legion soldiers were sent to the Aquatic planet of Hydrantia on the Uhulis Sector to investigate strange lifeforms on the planet. The 3rd Company, 2nd Battalion called the Aquanius Legion was dispatched but communication was lost with the unit. Alpha Legion never sent a search team.

The Aquanius had located ancient servitors, who had served the Space Marines aeons ago. The signals were a mere distraction so that these ancients could once again produce marines, using the Aquanius gene-seeds. The new marines were called the Poseidon Legion, based on the beliefs on the ancient god of water.

These marines had been developed with an enhanced multi-lung, unlke that of a normal marine allowing them to breath under water much longer than most of their kind.

Even though the servitors had created an army in strong number, their access to armoured vehicles was poor due to their isolation from the main Marine armies.

The 41st Millennium

The current Poseidon Legion soldiers still share the same beliefs of old, a very religous Chapter whos main focus abolish their pre-decesors for betraying them and leaving them on Hydrantia. Like all other Marine Chapters, the Poseidon Legion hate Chaos above all!
    The Poseidon Legion usualy refuse to fight alongside other chapters because they believe that the other chapters are un-loyal because they had forgotten about religion and the gods.

Their Sanctum-Chapel based underwater in ancient ruins, these marines spend alot of time meditating and praying to Poseidon for revenge.

Over the thousands of years since their founding, the Poseidon Legion have lost their numerous marines in war, and have one of the smallest chapters in the Imperium. Built up of 3 companies, the 1st and 2nd Infantry companies and the 3rd Armoured division.

Thats what i have so far, ive probably read way too much into that. Its open to criticism and comment if anyone has any Any more ideas are welcome as they are a working progress and you pro-fluffers out there have helped me before ^^

P.S
    Heres a pic of what they look like (sorry about the paint job, im not a great painter!) Their Chapter Symbol is a trident and is on every marines left shoulder pad, although you cant see it on here!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm also quite new to space marines so feel free to completely disregard what I say and wait until someone more experienced comes along. The main snag I see with this (and I hit the same thing with my chapter) is that if any remains of the traitor legions remained out of the warp and in plain sight of the other marines, all of the Chapters would unite to wipe them out, even if they hadn't turned traitor when the others did, they carry a gene-seed which has a great potential to turn to chaos. Even if they didn't do anything, the Ordo Malleus would fall on them like a ton of bricks. Any excuse...

Other than that the idea of an underwater chapter is really cool if you can fluff it up and explain adequately (which you've started doing) and explain it properly then it could really work.

You would need to explain why the chapter, who don't even venerate the emperor as a god but rather as a great patriarch would go back to a forgotten greek god and worship him. Again worshipping a false god like this would bring the Inquisition again, probably cos they would fear it being a Chaos god manifesting in some new beguiling way. And as they're from the Alpha Legion no space marines would help and farewell Poseidon Legion!

Sorry, I've been negative but please don't get me wrong. The whole underwater thing with the Chapel in some version of Atlantis makes me all warm and fuzzy inside...I would love it if you could make this work.
    -Hellebore-

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LMAO!

And just like that, the might Poseidon Legion was wiped off the face of the Librarium world!

Thanks for telling me that man, otherwise i would be continuing to make a story on a doomed legion of Greek sea lovers!

Back to the drawing board with the Poseidon Legion!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

But do they have Greek sea nymphs?!? Because for that reason alone, who cares do it anyway!
    Nah but seriously, just switch the gene seed to something descended from ultramarines or something, I think about 2/3 of all space marines are descended from them. To be honest it isn't the gene seed which shapes the chapter its the experiences. I do like the chapter that has been presumed lost and written off and due to being out of contact with the rest of the Imperium has perhaps left some of the more traditional practices of the Adeptus astartes and starting some shifty things. However the Chapter would try to keep it on the down low like the Dark Angles with the Fallen.

That said, I'm doing pre-heresy Emperor's Children so I really can't talk. I tried to make them exist in the 41st millenium but I kept getting shot down. I REALLY wanted to do them though (designed them on dawn of war and everything) that I just went back in time!

But keep me posted, I'd love to see how they develop. As for the Poseidon thing, maybe the feral humans of this world (if there are any) would worship the greek Gods and mistook the Space Marines coming in and out of their underwater lair as the servants of Poseidon and the Space Marines took on that persona to aid recruitment of youths, with the families believing that they are chosen to fight for Poseidon (aka the Emperor) down in the depths against the fearsome creatures of the deep....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok well here we have it, hopefull this will avoid dispute!

Origin

Salamander soldiers were sent to the Aquatic planet of Hydrantia on the Uhulis Sector to recover one of the artifacts of Vulkan believed to be hidden inside an ancient temple. The 3rd Company, 2nd Battalion called the Cold Steel company was dispatched but communication was lost with the unit. The salamnders never sent re-inforcements to regain the relic as the great betrayal had begun, and horus and his heretic chapters began their assault on humanity and all salamander companies were called upon to crush the force of chaos

The Cold Steel company however had not found the relic, and found an ancient temple of ancient god, poseidon. To the suprise of the company, this was also an innactive Necron tomb that had awoken with their arrival. The Company and the necrons battled for months, until only ten Cold Steel company men remained. They then discovered ancient weaponary and armour in the main chamber of the temple, each representing the god of each element.

The few servivors of the Poseidon war are now known as the revered ten, these ten men took up the ancient suits of armour and weapons and set off to help in the Horus Heresy. 7 of which were slain, and their ancient relic armour and weapons destroyed and pilfered. The 3 that remained stood at the side of the emperor in the darkest hour, willing to give up their life for that of the emperor.

Once the battle was over, the 3 remenants of the revered ten were honoured and were granted anything they wanted. They chose to take a handfull of servitors back to the Ancient Temple of Poseidon on Hydrantia to begin the creation of a new gene seed, one that allowed the marine to breath underwater for days on end. This was called Project Poseidon which then became the Poseidon legion

The 3 remaining sets of Ancient Armour and Weaponary are passed down when the previous wielder dies, and only the most valient of Poseidon Legion marines can obtain it.

Some Poseidon marines still believe that the remaining suits from the revered ten exist and seek them out, however others choose to believe that they are lost for eternity.

The revered ten have statues built inside the sanctum-chapel of poseidon, and are honoured by the Poseidon marines.

The Poseidon legion work closely with the salamanders chapter of marines, because they originate from similar gene seeds. The main objective of the Poseidon marines is simple - destroy all the Chaos, restore peace to the universe and avenge the seven fallen of the revered ten. However, they are sometimes called upon by the salamanders to help them search the depths of planets they suspect to hold Vulkans relics, as the Poseidon marines are adept to breating underwater.

The poseidon marines have limited access to tanks and armoured units, as there is little land on Hydrantia in which to produce these vehicles. Instead they rely on foot infantry to do the emperors bidding, and use large naval ships to navigate acros the vast oceans of the planet.

Hope that is better!
    Last edited by OlDeRaDo_64; June 10th, 2009 at 00:30.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like that. I really like the whole questing side of it with a bit of deep sea diving thrown in. Obviously the main thing is to have a laugh, so if that makes you feel like, yeah I really want to do this, shoot. And actually disregard what I said earlier, salamanders are better than the ultramarines. cooler gene seed.

Nice work! Now go forth and slay the heretic!
    Pro imperator, pro legio conamur
    In veritate imperatorius confidemus
    We are the Emperor's Children! Death to his foes!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thankyou!
    Even though im an Eldar collector, i shall enjoy asembling this army when my Xenos army is done ^^

+ Reply to Thread