Do you think this training method is fluff wise suitable/realistic? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Do you think this training method is fluff wise suitable/realistic?

Imperial Guard army training scheme!
    Ok instead of sitting in rooms watching Videos or being taught by some sergeant.....
    Their put into a tube called a cell....it creates a simulation like the matrix and trains soldiers in theory and a little of the practicle of combat in this environment. The cell may also function as a operating table if in short supply. Could also function as a bed and you can honeycomb them together to save space!

Reasons why to even think of something besides basic?
    Safety
    Speed
    Less staff required
    Space saver!

Just to fit in with the imperiums whole superstision theme they'll have a lot of skulls around for cable couplings!

Ok is this plausible?

Last edited by ninga_express; June 26th, 2009 at 14:41.

Help my dragon grow! And survive! By clicking!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Thinks he's a big deal rafis117's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    105 (x4)

these tube things would have to be relics from some ancient age, and localized to a single planet, system, or army.

otherwise, it's a big galaxy.
    Terminator armor going critical would be like Three Mile Island only very, VERY angry, and carrying a hammer.
    LO rules in a nutshell: Don't post unit costs, be polite, rep posts containing of win.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh yeah yeah! my army dude! But is it plausible?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I suppose it is. It is a big galaxy. Though I would think a space marine chapter would take them away from a worthless IG regiment. After all Space Marines always get the better toys.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

116 (x6)

I suppose it is. It is a big galaxy. Though I would think a space marine chapter would take them away from a worthless IG regiment. After all Space Marines always get the better toys.
    There's a short story called "Hell in a Bottle" one chapter of marines had one of those. Long story short they felt it was cowardly because there was no actual risk involved.
    Veni Vidi Variant
    I came, I saw, I got a different type of Leman Russ.

The spikey ones go faster.

98% of the teen population has smoked weed, the other 2% went straight to crack.

Saga of the Ages. Click it.

Rules for grenades are on page 72 of the rulebook.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

780 (x8)

That would work fine for the brain but you still need to get the body in shape; also, it's anybody's guess how well a soldier would learn combat reflexes like reloading without looking. As I recall, inside the Matrix Neo was an unstoppable demigod; outside the Matrix, he was a pasty-skinned weakling who couldn't even swim. I'd train my men old-fashioned, given the choice. If they're going to fight in Hell then they might as well train there, yes?

As for the rest of your idea, we already have those...they're called sleeping tubes and, apparently, they can be made quite luxurious. Unless you're in the Navy, of course, in which case you're lucky to hot-bunk with a torpedo.
    Last edited by Intrepid; June 27th, 2009 at 02:07.
    "My tanks have names, my men have numbers." -Col. Edmund Grahvess, 23rd Kronecker Prison Guard

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

105 (x4)

ah...but the torpedos get very nice accomadations... nobody wants an angry torpedo on their ship
    Terminator armor going critical would be like Three Mile Island only very, VERY angry, and carrying a hammer.
    LO rules in a nutshell: Don't post unit costs, be polite, rep posts containing of win.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah i know the physical training is needed....

Or if you believe the whole mind>matter theory.... The brain does send signals to your muscles! But not enough to get them moving...but still stimulting! This is a real life theory! and you'd probably only get 1/8 the workout! but still this could cancel out muscle degeneration or SLOWLY improve my soldiers!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

105 (x4)

well...it's a cool gimmick...but ask yourself why it's important. Is it?

it seems like a footnote, unless you are going on that Wanted status, with the crazy healing.

Monkey of Mystery The Paint Monkey's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    743 (x8)

Marines are meant to use hypno-training so it's not outside the realm of possibility. It would be strange for guard, though. It's much easier to just produce ork or eldar shaped cardboard cut-outs to shoot at and make the recruits run up and down hills.
    No more NG spearmen, thanks! Now I need some pump-wagons!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast