the Hands of Ferrus - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    35 (x1)

the Hands of Ferrus

what happened to Iron hands Iron hands?---- I know they granted ferrus special understanding of the machine, and perhaps put him in touch with long dead ctan, whom he slayed a much weaker version of ( if I gather the fluff right)

but I had an idea for a group of death watch iron hands dedicated to killing necrons, and as a group relic they either seek or have obtained one of the old primarchs living metal hands.

so lets talk about what happened to the primarchs necron hands?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    355 (x8)

Not really sure, there's a rumour that his body was taken to Mars, but the Iron Hands chapter doesn't believe it.

As for the wyrm he killed, it's unknown if it was a Necron construct or not. It wasn't the Void Dragon c'tan, he's all been confirmed as being entombed on Mars. And I don't recall anything about the hands putting Manus in touch with a c'tan, just that he could shape metal with them without having to use fire or tools. But I'm not big on Iron Hands fluff, so I could be wrong.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    35 (x1)

but his hands were of the same "living metal" that the necrons use for ctan?

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    355 (x8)

It just says they were fused with living metal. It's probably necrodermis, but it's unknown if it is or not.

And as there were are only 4 c'tan left, and has been that way for millions of years, it is highly unlikely it's a c'tan. Might have been made by them, but on the other hand might have been a naturally occuring animal. It's unknown.

As for Manus's hands, the Mars rumour seems to be all you can go on.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    35 (x1)

I dont necessarily think he slew a ctan, but perhaps necrodermis could be applied in somewhat random situations--- some sort of tyranid hell beast got coated long time ago, wandered around met primarch, primarch swiped some necrodermis--- necro dermis made him able to shape metal with is bare hands, and happened to lend itself to his machine god outlook--- because at least in the mars situation, the necron ctan, and necrodermis transmuted technical knowledge---I think it doesnt just rely on the c'tan but the nature of the necrodermis that the necrontyr fashioned in the ancient days--- since it was by purposed designed to transfer intelligence throughout the ages

I just think Iron Hand was touched by Necrodermis and by extension I cant think of a better deathwatch kill team for necrons

are there any particular armaments necron fighters would have?
    Last edited by Concilliator; August 13th, 2009 at 04:59.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

355 (x8)

Though I doubt the tyranid connection, as the 'nids showed up millions of years after the Necrons, but the necrodermis getting some large local animal thing is a pretty good guess (better than any other theory). Don't know anything about transfering intelligence (necrodermis is designed to store consciousness, not knowledge), but you could say that Manus found some ancient necron-tech or something. So run with it!

For anti-Necron deathwatch weapons, go with melta and plasma stuff. Necrons repair themselves, so melting them into goo is the best way to go. But if a Necron Lord with an Orb is nearby, they'll still be able to reform.

Side note though, deathwatch teams aren't made up of entirely one Chapter's Marines though, they tend to be a mix of many, with one Marine representing their Chapter in the team. And they are led by an Ordo Xenos inquisitor, but you can make him anti-Necron to fit in.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    35 (x1)

yeah its just a themed death watch squad I would like to do, I know they come from a wide variety of chapters, but I dont thinkit would be completely out of the question to scrape together 10 current IronHands members for some special missions on tomb worlds etc. ( basically I have a death watch conversion kit and a ironhands squad upgrade and I would like to use them on a single unit ) -- I may even make a tank for them.

just love ironhands and love the ordos

is there such thing as a combi melta ?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    47 (x2)

His body was on Istvann III after Fulgrim kicked his ass, cant remember reading/seeing anything about his body being recovered and brought to Mars. All the fluff says it was a silver Wyrm that he choked in molten metal? No mention of a C'tan unless Ive missed something major.
    Currently play: 4000+ of Black Legion

Senior Member Power Hungry Monkey's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    146 (x2)

The wyrm was called Azirnoth and I think there may be some credence to Conciliator's c'tan theory, or atleast necron theory. Azirnoth does bear several resemblances to necron and the c'tan, the living metal necrodermis is the biggest link. Medusa may be an ancient tomb world that hasnt awoken yet tho the unstable geology would contradict that.

The point that got my attention when linking the Iron Hands and Ferrus to the necrons was in the bok Iron Hands. The main character (I forget his name now) mentions that when he first made his journey to join the Iron Hands he had to pass through a crack ina mountain inhabited by "machine sprits". These sound an awful lot like necron wraiths don't they? I didn't make he link myself while reading it till someone mentioned it to me and it kinda made sense.

As for the necron-hunter trophies, thats the big problem with necrons, they don't leave stuff behind. They phase out after a battle so there is unlikly to be much the deathwatch could take as kill trophies
    Hobby help? Ask on Themed Armies - Brain for Hire
    WIP Iron Wolves, grrr
    Ia Cthulhu fhtagn! Join the Cult

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    35 (x1)

I had no idea they actually winked out after battles--- does the monolith take them?

or does necrodermis simply sublimate once a consciousness gets out of it?

but I wasnt planning anything more extordinary than regular iron hands squad with the death watch bolters and shoulders and painted death watch style--- I didnt really tihnk about necron trophies--- but if they wink out that is pointless anyway.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast