Blood angels successor - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    LO's resident Yowie Dead Dude Walking's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    272 (x4)

Blood angels successor

I've been pondering for a while about heading back to my good ol' sace marines and with the awesome termies that are in the Space Hulk Box I'm thinking bout a BA successor chapter.

My idea is a small legion of marines who were all members of the BAs or BA Successors who have all succumed to the black rage, survived and have been cured of their affliction. They have all painted their left arms black to remember their acheivement of getting through their own genetic flaw.

They have all been exiled from their own chapters in their chapter's fear of the Inquisition learning of them letting these marines that have been taken over by this Genetic madness remain alive within the chapter.

The chapter has many Chaplains and contains higher than average number of death company members because even though they have overcome the initial rage, they are more scceptible to the madness the second, or even thid time.

I'm just wondering if there are any bits of fluff that totally contradict this.

Thinking of calling them the "Exiles of Curor" Or in English, "exiles of blood"

C&C please

<----- Dead Dude's WIP Thread, in all it's pant wetting glory! :D

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    415 (x8)

In the current canon the Black Rage is incurable. Even Mephiston hasn't been "cured". He's just controlling it, through godly willpower and, presumably, testicles the size of small moons.

You can still do it. I'm just saying that for the fluff buffs out there, an entire chapter of Mephistons is going to raise some eyebrows.

Edit: Also, the Latin for "blood" is cruor or cruorem, not curor.
    The above poster = Totally a member of the Fluff Masters Clan. Click here for fluff pwnage.

Come, sons of LO! Kneel before Poodle!

Mr_Wayne: "Some people believe that the World Eaters do not field any ranged weaponry. Those people often die at a distance."

Thinks he's a big deal rafis117's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    105 (x4)

Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't there something with Dante (Chapter Master) and one of the twin curses?
    Terminator armor going critical would be like Three Mile Island only very, VERY angry, and carrying a hammer.
    LO rules in a nutshell: Don't post unit costs, be polite, rep posts containing of win.

LO's resident Yowie Dead Dude Walking's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    272 (x4)

Soemmie get this straight, The black death can't be cured just controlled. I always thought Mephiston had the red thirst...

So scratch that, they all have the black death but are controlling it.

I'm working on a little sig banner at the moment... it's looking good so far.

I'm gunna get the AoBR set and then add the Space Hulk and a couple of Tactical squads... and use some of my old ones if I ever get them stripped.
    <----- Dead Dude's WIP Thread, in all it's pant wetting glory! :D

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    415 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Dead Dude Walking View Post
    Soemmie get this straight, The black death can't be cured just controlled. I always thought Mephiston had the red thirst...

So scratch that, they all have the black death but are controlling it.
    Not "black death". The Black Death was the bubonic (maybe pneumonic) plague that ravaged Europe in 1347. What the Blood Angels have is Black Rage, so called because it results in rage instead of death.

Also, superhuman willpower, vision from the Emperor, immense psychic power; all problems inherent with making an entire chapter full of Mephistons. It's just unlikely that they'd have such a very high success rate when Mephiston is literally the only guy in ten thousand years to even cope with the condition.

Let me reiterate, you can still do it, but you're going to annoy basically every canon Blood Angels fan out there.

Quote Originally Posted by rafis117
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't there something with Dante (Chapter Master) and one of the twin curses?
    I have no idea. Twin curses?
    The above poster = Totally a member of the Fluff Masters Clan. Click here for fluff pwnage.

Mr_Wayne: "Some people believe that the World Eaters do not field any ranged weaponry. Those people often die at a distance."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

105 (x4)

Black Rage and Red Thirst

I couldn't remember which one it was so I used what I thought was the common general term, so as to be concise. Apparently it didn't work.
    Terminator armor going critical would be like Three Mile Island only very, VERY angry, and carrying a hammer.
    LO rules in a nutshell: Don't post unit costs, be polite, rep posts containing of win.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

415 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by rafis117 View Post
    Black Rage and Red Thirst

I couldn't remember which one it was so I used what I thought was the common general term, so as to be concise. Apparently it didn't work.
    They're two terms for the same thing. Or, to be exact, the Black Rage is the cause and the Red Thirst is the symptom. Treat them as identical, like Black Death and bubonic plague.

The way you worded it made it sound like there were two separate gene-curses, which isn't right.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

403 (x8)

Black Rage - the state BAs get in when they start thinking they are Sanguinius. These marines get inducted into the Death Company.

Red Thirst - what Memphiston ended up with after being inducted into the DC with the Black Rage, then being buried alive for 7 days. He is the ONLY person to have this, being the only person to have recovered from the Black Rage.
    My Deathwatch Campaign
    Furious Angels: (SM) W22, D1, L9 (BA) W15, D0, L3 | Sentinels of Saphery (HE) W3, D0, L0

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

105 (x4)

the following is from the Lexicanum
    Blood Angels - Lexicanum

this is what I remember reading in the BA codex, that there are two distinct curses.
    in a nutshell:

Black Rage: insanity suffered before battles, where BAs may have a Sanguinis-multi-personality-disorder breakdown and go bat-sh**-crazy.
    Red Thirst: unusually aggressive, as well as suffering from an almost-heretical taste for blood. A number of BA successors have been exiled or exterminatused due to the Twin Curses. The BA are somewhat beyond reproach as one of the 1st founding chapters.

more detail (and exact wording from source)

--Black Rage--
    All of the Chapters derived from the Blood Angels still suffer from the psychic imprint left by Sanguinius's death. This can cause them to go insane prior or during a battle, and they believe that they are Sanguinius himself during the Battle of Terra. The condition is irrecoverable (except for one case, where the victim was largely able to control it), and victims are locked away in the "Tower of the Lost" on the Blood Angels' homeworld until they finally die. This insanity is known as the Black Rage.
    Rather than face a slow, insane death, Blood Angels will form those who have newly succumbed to the Black Rage into a special unit known as the Death Company. They paint their armour black, daubed with red crosses, signifying the wounds of Sanguinius, and are usually led by the few Chapter officers, notably Chaplains, who are able to communicate orders to these lost warriors. They are then sent out to perform the most dangerous assaults, hoping for a quick and honourable death in combat.1
    --Red Thirst--
    The Red Thirst is one of the two genetic flaws in the geneseed of the Blood Angels and their successor Chapters. This causes warriors to suffer an unusual bloodlust, instilling them with a thirst for the blood of their enemies. Those who succumb to the Red Thirst or Black Rage are either formed into the Death Company or locked away in the Tower of the Lost on Baal, until they change completely, going insane. These traits have also been passed on to their successor chapters, such as the Flesh Tearers, Blood Drinkers, and Angels Sanguine. One successor chapter, the Lamenters, managed by unknown means to eliminate the flaws from Sanguinius' gene-seed, but has been stricken by extraordinary bad luck in battle and as such has been nearly annihilated.
    ----------
    anyway...un-hijacking thread...

The issue with your idea is not originality, merely that your idea is in conflict with the canon that games workshop set down, and a lot of people are pretty uptight about it. There's pretty limited canon out there, so what is there people treat all the more incontrovertible.

Keep working, though. My first fiction ideas were pretty silly, and then I went on to write army backgrounds for other people as well. Just goes to show...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

415 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by rafis117 View Post
    this is what I remember reading in the BA codex, that there are two distinct curses.
    in a nutshell:
    I have never heard this, anywhere. The Blood Angel's unusual aggression in battle and their tendency to collapse into insanely violent husks of men are due to the same gene-flaw, which is the Black Rage. I have never heard of mention of or reference to two distinct curses.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast