The Creation of the Jungle Scars - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Creation of the Jungle Scars

The Jungle Scars are my home grown chapter. I don't actually use them any more, as I now play Orks and have sold my Space Marines miniatures off, but I am planning on continuing to improve their story as I can, simply because I feel there is a lot of potential. Anyways, this is the creations story. I apologise for the brevity, I intend to flesh it out at some point in the distant future.

The Jungle Scars were first born in the mind of Ergen Khan, who was a chaplain of the White Scars. He had met some Catachans on his travels and recognised them as what they were, tough and rugged warriors. He was pondering over this for a long time. He finally came up with the idea of the Jungle Scars.
    Ergen did some more research on the Catachans. He already knew that they were extremely good in jungle terrain, but his research opened them up and put them in a whole new light to him.
    Ergen did some tests on a few Catachans and, after much testing, discovered that the Catachans would be almost ideal to be recruited as Space Marines. It was then that the Jungle Scars were born, even if they were only in a Chaplains mind.
    Eventually, after much thought, Ergen came up with some ideas. He knew that the chapter would place emphasis on scouts. He also knew that their power armour would have to pay homage to the Catachans. Thusly, he planned the armour to be mainly a light green with the shoulder pads in a darker green. He also decided that he wanted the helmet to represent what company they were from, not the shoulder pads, as all other chapters did. They head would be easier to identify.
    When Ergen had brought all these ideas together in his head, he wrote them down. He then perfected his idea.
    After all this had taken place, Ergen approached the Chapter Master of the White Scars at the time. He explained his ideas to the chapter master and pleaded to take 20 Space Marines to give him a core of geneseed. The chapter master, after hours of deliberation, granted him his wish. Ergen set off with what were to become the first of the Jungle Scars.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Please post opinions, suggestions, even flames if they help. But seriously, I could do with some feedback. Especially on the name of the chapter, I'm not too happy with that.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Are you sure you're not writing the first ideas of Fabius Bile?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Umm...yes...very sure. What made you ask?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    242 (x6)

I like it. Especially the way it personifies specific characters.

You are right about the name though... My experience is that you can use Latin words to get a cool name. That's what I've done with my Chapter.

Maybe you could find some cool Latin words that associate with your fluff.

My Chapter is called the Remigo Chapter which means 'The Rowers' and that is explained in my fluff. Maybe you could do something like it?

-Rob
    "We're the Death Korp of Krieg, son. Did you think that was just a pretty name? We never retreat. We fight and we die, that's the Krieg way."
    -Lieutenant Konarski at the Battle of Erebus

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How about:

Sons of Khan

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    242 (x6)

Hmm.. ok but not very original...

How about The Ergen Pilgrims or simply The Ergen Legion? Or what about Crusaders of the Khan?

I dunno.. Can't really think right now but the secret is to think of something original that nobody else will have used...

-Rob
    "We're the Death Korp of Krieg, son. Did you think that was just a pretty name? We never retreat. We fight and we die, that's the Krieg way."
    -Lieutenant Konarski at the Battle of Erebus

Closed Thread