The Cadian 501st: Part1.1 - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    176 (x3)

The Cadian 501st: Part1.1

<accessing archives>

<security code clearence required>
    <******>
    <code accepted>

(The following account is of the battle for manufactorum 12 during the defence of Golgotha. It was written with the aid of security camera recordings and the memoirs of Sergeant Rawol)

The air of manufactorum 12 was thick with smoke. The floor was littered with debris, spent clips, and corpses. Sergeant Rawol hurled himself behind an empty oil barrel, and unleashed a burst of Las-fire at the enemy positions. Guardsman Telpont joined him a second later. “They’re coming at us hard now son,” muttered the Sergeant. So far they had driven off three attacks, as was shown by the many dead enemies. Though there were corpses wearing the black and white fatigues of the 501st. Far too many.
    “We’ll drive them of though, won’t we sarge?” The young guardsman looked nervous. As well he should. This was his first action. Rawol took a glance at the rest of his squad, dug in amongst the rubble of manufactorums. They all looked so young to him, even though the Sergeant was barely 30. But he was a survivor. He had survived the massacre on Armageddon, and by the emperor he was going to survive this! A bullet cracked past the barrel, and impacted on the wall behind him. From their scattered positions the squad returned fire. It seemed to be having effect; the enemy appeared to be falling back.
    “Keep it coming lads!” yelled Rawol. Several guardsmen whooped in triumph, but kept up the rate of fire. Rawol fumbled with his com-bead.
    “Number 7, this is number 28, the enemy appears to be retreating.”
    “Hold your position sergeant, I am approaching you now.” came the crackly reply. Through the dust and smoke, Rawol could just make out a small knot of figures approaching.
    “Squad! Give them covering fire!” bellowed Rawol, “Get them behind the barricade!”
    The guardsmen quickly closed the distance, although one man gave a cry of pain as he was hit, and collapsed onto the concrete, his blood staining the dusty surface red.
    “Medic!” shouted their leader, “See to him!” The man who had spoken joined Rawol in the trench, as Telpont and another guardsman dragged the injured man into cover.
    Rawol saluted, “Lieutenant, we are holding firm. We have taken minimal casualties, and have plenty of remaining ammunition.”
    “Good work sergeant”, replied Lieutenant Karkos, “We are preparing to advance. Tell the men to move out”
    “Yes Sir, I…”
    The rest of Rawol’s words were drowned out by the scream of a shell!

“Incoming!” screamed Rawol, but the shell had already struck! With an almighty crash of falling masonry and shattered machinery the entire west section of the manufactorum exploded!
    “Golden throne!” swore Karkos, “Who was in that building?”
    “Third squad sir, all ten of them!”
    “By all that’s holy, what fired that thing?” muttered one of Rawol’s men.
    Through the smoke Rawol could see a shape moving. It was moving closer. Through the air came the growl of an engine.
    “It can’t be!” gasped Telpont.
    It burst through the remains of an engine room, and came crashing onto the yard outside. It was painted red. Its hull was adored with spikes and corpses. It was adorned with banners depicting horrific runes. Its engine was screaming. It was a Baneblade; and it served the Chaos gods.
    “By the…” Telpont never finished his sentence before he was decapitated by a heavy bolter shell. His blood sprayed all the men behind the barricade, as his jerking corpse collapsed to the ground. More shots hit the Imperial lines. Rawol saw another guardsman fall. And another. And another. Several men tried to get out via the freight tracks to the rear of the manufactorums, but they were vaporised by a lascannon shot before they had taken more than seven steps!
    “Pull back!” roared Karkos “Pull back!” Another shell deafened them all, and wiped out two auto-cannon teams! Parts of the ceiling were beginning to collapse!
    “That thing is going to tear right through our lines!” Karkos turned to Rawol. “We’ve got to stop it!”
    “But how sir, nothing we’ve got is ever going to damage that monster!”
    Enemy foot soldiers were pouring into the manufactorum, following their idol of destruction.
    Karkos sighed, and drew his plasma pistol. “Cover us Sergeant. Then get the hell out of here.”
    Rawol stared at his officer. “Sir?”
    “I said cover us sergeant.” Rawol stared incredulously. Karkos was going to attack it! With a plasma pistol, three men, and a few grenades! The whole thing was suicide!
    “Sir, you’ll never...”
    “Don’t argue sergeant!” snapped Karkos, “Just do it, damn it!”
    Rawol had seen the look in the Lieutenants eyes. And he dared not argue. He spat the dust from his mouth, and turned to what was left of his squad.
    “Three rapid bursts boys, then run to east exit.”
    Karkos and his team ran. One was hit almost at once by heavy bolter shell, and blew apart.
    The others sprinted towards the tank while Rawol and his men ran in the opposite direction. They had given their covering fire, and there was nothing more they could do. Another of Karkoz’s men was hit in the head by a las-shot. He dropped like a stone. The Baneblade was gaining speed, and was moving away from Karkoz. The final man of Karkoz’s command squad was hit, his grenades detonating and atomising him! Karkoz himself was hit in the leg, and was knocked flat. As the cultists closed in for the kill, the Baneblade rolled past him. Summoning one last effort Karkos rolled in front of the tank, and was blocked from view as it rolled over him! The cultists fired their weapons wildly as they gleefully swarmed into the manufactorum. The Baneblade itself seemed to scream in triumph. And one small flash of plasma from beneath its mighty hull.

< here the camera went dead>

(The following speech was taken from Imperial comm-recordings)

(unknown)<He did it! By the emporer, did you see that explosion>

(incoming comms)<we saw an explosion. What happened?>

(Sergent Rawol)<It was Lieutenant Karkos. He destroyed the baneblade.

(incoming comms)<patch me through to him at once>

(PAUSE)

(Sergeant Rawol)<Hes dead.

(incoming comms)<dead?>

(Sergeant Rawol)<He was underneath it when it exploded>

(incoming comms)<his sacrifice will be remembered. Sergeant, you must adavnce at once. For the Emperor!>

(Sergeant Rawol)<Aye, for the Emperor>

(Here the account ends)

[SIZE=1]I hope you enjoyed this little 'sidetrack story'. I appreciate all comments, and its great to hear what you think. If you want to know what this is all about, use this link. (The Cadian 501st (Part 1).)

Last edited by ChadMS; September 17th, 2009 at 21:21.
    2500 points of Empire for ToXG: Points painted for month 4: 0 Points painted overall: 510

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    My Spotify

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    572 (x8)

Really, really good. Great writing. Still waiting for my armies though... Still, really good, captivating, writing. Well done!

Thinks he's a big deal rafis117's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    105 (x4)

this story contains excessive amounts of win
    Terminator armor going critical would be like Three Mile Island only very, VERY angry, and carrying a hammer.
    LO rules in a nutshell: Don't post unit costs, be polite, rep posts containing of win.

That Which Has No Time Red Archer's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    531 (x8)

What a hero!
    Awesome story, Chad, very well written. I adore your talent! Thanks for linking me to this.

CKO
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    54 (x1)

You are a freak of nature, writing like this at the age of 14.

This is good, really good when you factor in your age.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

176 (x3)

Thanks for the comments guys; very much appreciated.

(rafis) You have a point I suppose, but the story is about a great victory so there will be a bit of winning in it. But I'd like to know why you think it is excessive.

(Red) Thanks very much Red, you flatter me. (blushes deeply)

(CKO) I have chosen to take that as a compliment... (I know it was intended as one. Thanks again)

The odds of me writing more are very good at the moment. Look out for future threads on the 501st!
    2500 points of Empire for ToXG: Points painted for month 4: 0 Points painted overall: 510

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

105 (x4)

Because no story should be that awesome. It isn't allowed.
    Terminator armor going critical would be like Three Mile Island only very, VERY angry, and carrying a hammer.
    LO rules in a nutshell: Don't post unit costs, be polite, rep posts containing of win.

CKO
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    54 (x1)

Quote Originally Posted by ChadMS View Post
    (CKO) I have chosen to take that as a compliment... (I know it was intended as one. Thanks again)
    Put it this way you are one of two people that have made me do the rep point thing.
    Last edited by CKO; September 22nd, 2009 at 04:14.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

105 (x4)

Yeah...my comments, for all their akwardness, boil down to: you are one badass writer. If you can maintain that level of quality for large swathes of pages, you should write a book. I would buy it.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

176 (x3)

Wow! Thanks guys! More fluff is definitely on the way now.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast