My first campaign - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    50 (x1)

My first campaign

Some friends and I are starting our first campaign, I'm incharge of the fluffy stuff.
    So here it is so far.

The desert planet Kintaro Delta has been held by the 39th "Xenobane" Cadian for over three centuries untill recently when the Tau sept Fal'shia began there attack. The Tau swept over half the planet like a sandstorm untill they reached the hive city of Akuma where both forces reached a bloody stand still, both force taking heavy loses.

This could have gone on for ever if the forces of the Ultramarines had not dropped down to the planet and chased the Tau to one of Kintaro's moons. After pushing back the Tau the Ultramarines commander relieved the 39th of their position on Kintaro, though they weren't pleased with this the 39th didn't have a choice as they didn't have the man power to argue with Space Marines.

The Ultramarines second in command saw this act as strange and as he confided in his battle brothers he found out many of them thought so to. Those loyal to the first in command began to see this unease as chaos taint and vice versa. As the flames spread the Ultramarine force split in to two each accuing the other of chaos taint.

Seeing the weakness of the Space Marines force the Xenobane saw a chance to take back the planet.

With the forces of the Imperium battling against each other the Tau regrouped there forces and began there attack anew.

What do you think? C&C welcome . Sorry for the spelling mistake i've probably made

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Other than Brother firing against Brother which is highly unlikely with Ultramarines who are 40ks equivilent to Spartans in Tank armor with reinforced Plot-plating and low orbit Ion-cannons for Bolters- maybe have it that a Chaos Space Marine platoon/force had infiltrated and was spreading dissent/Chaos amongst the populace etc like the Alpha Legion- that is im assuming if this is CSM/SM/Tau/IG campaign not SM/SM/Tau/IG other than that I like it, Im usually not one for Tau but this looks really promising. Also remember to the IG their Manpower is limitless- its just you dont really want to mess with the Ultramarines... Thats my perspective if I were an IG commander atleast. Maybe have it like in Dawn of Warark Crusade only instead of Blood Ravens the Ultramarines try to purge the system and the IG Commander refuses to evacuate and holds out, even if its seen as treasonous.
    Last edited by Trask; September 19th, 2009 at 22:14.
    If you you thought my post was helpful, or you just liked it, use the Rep button.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    53 (x1)

I feel thats a pretty good shot. I don't feel the Ultramarine fluff really works too well though. The Smurfs are pretty puritanical. If you are trying to justify SpaceMarine on SpaceMarine action, I think it may be better to have the forces focused on different things. Maybe have one of the SM forces as a "successor" chapter that has their own ideas on what they want to do. Maybe they are searching for an artifact (or pieces of) that could solve some big problem. But the other SM force's Librarians have forseen that this artifact could cause a lot of doom, hate, and discontent. There could even have been a showdown between the two SM commanders which ended in a big fight. The IG could fight with or against either side, depending on which SM commander got to them first. (A SM commander could have taken over the IG to search for the artifact.
    Other than that, your Tau basis looks pretty good. You may want to flesh out the motivations for each of the armies to make the story more fluffolicious.
    FYI: Lose=To not win Loose=To not be tight There=A place Their=A person's They're=They are

+ Reply to Thread