Silly Armies - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Silly Armies

Thinks he's a big deal rafis117's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    105 (x4)

Silly Armies

Admit it, everyone has had a silly idea for a 40k army. Here is a chance to post it! If it be Democratic Tau, Fluffy Dark Eldar, Laid-Back Eldar, Accepting Marines, we want to hear about it and generate lolz.

No post in this thread may be bashed for unrealism, uncanonism, or anything else knee-jerk that would normally hit newb army ideas. That is the point of this thread. Conversely, please don't post serious attempts at armies. Rather, you may post someone else's army idea, if it conforms with the letter and spirit of the "law" as outlined above.

Let's make like Orks and post because it's fun and we're made for "wroitin an' winnin'!"

Lastly, please don't include any /tg/ material and/or anything from 4chan or 1d4chan. That is their stuff, and while quite funny, is often in bad taste.

To start us off...

The Dresden Marines! They answer to nobody and are an all/dominantly-psyker army. They fought the Grey Knights numerous times, but of late have served alongside the Grey Knights on a number of awkward, though successful, occasions. The Dresden Marines are also good friends of the local PDF, whose primary foe seems to be a corrupt government. (This is Dresden as in the protagonist of Jim Butcher's series The Dresden Files, not the German city that the Allies firebombed during WW2)

Terminator armor going critical would be like Three Mile Island only very, VERY angry, and carrying a hammer.
    LO rules in a nutshell: Don't post unit costs, be polite, rep posts containing of win.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    30 (x1)

I made a pink necron army once, centered around a joke me and a friend made about the Nightbringer by calling him the "GayBringer". Was going going to make him goofy as heck looking with all sorts of bright colors and have him wielding a large flower rather than a scythe. Ended up making the army and selling it before I ever got to work on the Nightbringer model. However I still have the Nightbringer model and a pink necron warrior who I customized to make him look like he's shooting gangster style so who knows I might just go ahead and make him anyways.
    Warhammer 40k: Blood Angels, Imperial Guard, Grey Knights, Space Lizards (wolves), Kroot, Witch Hunters, Dark Eldar
    Warhammer: Lizardmen, Empire, Vampire Counts, Brettonians, High Elves, Skaven

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A while back in the ork forums we had come up with viking ork boyz that wore wigs with braids, skirts and metal bras.
    Tomb Scorpion Kill Counter: Gotrek Gurnisson, Empire Cannon Crew=3, Blood Knights=2, Saurus Cavalry=5, Saurus Warriors=3, Razordons=3, Skink warriors=7, Jezzails=8, Poison Wind Globadiers=10, Warp Lightning Cannon=1

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    53 (x1)

Well, the Hello Kitty Marines are always classic. I've even seen the drednaughts done in the Hello Kitty style.
    FYI: Lose=To not win Loose=To not be tight There=A place Their=A person's They're=They are

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

105 (x4)

Heh. I have a friend who is rabidly pro-America (don't we all know that one guy...) and when he got into 40k we joked that he should play Orks, and kit out his warboss, then model it as an Ork Boy with no weapons and "bacon pants", which are, according to him, the source of all things badass.

He ended up playing Tau, of all things. A broken suit-army, no less. I have to deal, statistically; >60 wounds to his suits, destroy three devilfish (with minimized firewarrior squads), and and a hammerhead, in order to win. FML.
    Terminator armor going critical would be like Three Mile Island only very, VERY angry, and carrying a hammer.
    LO rules in a nutshell: Don't post unit costs, be polite, rep posts containing of win.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MC Bone Giant View Post
    Well, the Hello Kitty Marines are always classic. I've even seen the drednaughts done in the Hello Kitty style.

Nothing wrong with that army.
    Epic Wheen!1!1!!1

Senior Member Power Hungry Monkey's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    146 (x2)

While not 40k, I'll still post this idea coz it could translate over. An Ork and Goblin carnival. Me and my friends have been bouncing round the idea for years, you know how it is "wouldn't this be cool, then we could have that..." type of thing.

It kinda centres around trolls being the operators/rides and Goblins being the main patrons. So having a Squig Petting Zoo, the troll throwing a rock actually throwing Gobbos into a pool or something with a line of Gobbos eagerly lining up behind it, have two Snotlings ontop of eachother dressed in a trench coat trying to get onto a ride, blown up Squigs as balloons...

Like I said, not 40k and now that I think of it, not really an army, but hey, it made for a good night of ideas one night at my local GW
    Last edited by Power Hungry Monkey; September 23rd, 2009 at 23:40.
    Hobby help? Ask on Themed Armies - Brain for Hire
    WIP Iron Wolves, grrr
    Ia Cthulhu fhtagn! Join the Cult

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    53 (x1)

Quote Originally Posted by Power Hungry Monkey View Post
    While not 40k, I'll still post this idea coz it could translate over. An Ork and Goblin carnival. Me and my friends have been bouncing round the idea for years, you know how it is "wouldn't this be cool, then we could have that..." type of thing.

It kinda centres around trolls being the operators/rides and Goblins being the main patrons. So having a squid Petting Zoo, the troll throwing a rock actually throwing Gobbos into a pool or something with a line of Gobbos eagerly lining up behind it, have two Snotlings ontop of eachother dressed in a trench coat trying to get onto a ride, blown up Squigs as balloons...

Like I said, not 40k and now that I think of it, not really an army, but hey, it made for a good night of ideas one night at my local GW
    That could make a pretty impressive diorama. It would really spice it up with the random shenanigans. Maybe a rinky dink Ferris wheel. One bucket with two goblins fighting over a 3rd thats wearing a dress. Another bucket thats falling off because a snotting took off the shiny nut. Perhaps a snotting trying to hold into a big bunch of balloons. I'm sure you guys came up with lots of cool ideas.
    FYI: Lose=To not win Loose=To not be tight There=A place Their=A person's They're=They are

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Leader sheep!

After a very drunken night with a mate of mine we where going over the rules while playing and he asked me if he should have to take a Leader Sheep test! From that moment on a new Chaos army was borne. The Emperor's Fleece fell from grace after turning against the light and falling to chaos! All marines are identical apart from the hq, the leader sheep who has a black helmet and hands and feet. All are covered in cotton wool and those brave enough to face them and live will swear to the hallowed halls of Terra that the horrid cries of BAAAAAAAAAAAAAA still ring in there ears!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

105 (x4)

That must have made for some crazy conversion ideas...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast