Giblit the lucky grot! - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    33 (x1)

Giblit the lucky grot!

Hi there

as some of you (orkses) might have seen, ive put up this pose over at "The WAAAGH!" forum, but since that is only a Ork forum, i would share the story with you guys too:

The Fluff:
    ”Stop screaming you runty gitz!” The Runtherder hit Giblit with his grotprod. Giblit was screaming of fear. Not for the runtherder, but all the bullets that came flying over theire heads. The other grots were running around screaming too. The runtherder was so furious he picked up the grot standing next to Giblit with one hand, and started beating him with the sharp bit of the prod. The ork threw the lifeless body at Giblit, who were trying to dodge the incoming body. The herder had most of the grots attentions. They didn’t know if they should fear the bullet or the angry ork the most. They were all frozen still, watching the ork raise his arm over his head. “Dis will show em!” he said in Giblits direction. But before the runtherder could strike, a volley of heavy bolter fire shot at their direction, taking down a few gots and the Ork himself. They all panicked like the lowlife gitz they are.

Giblit threw the dead grot aside and started running after his squad. They were a bit head of him, and they did not wait for him. It was a total chaos of screaming grots, explosions and bullets flying back and forth over their heads. Giblit was running as fast as he could, he even dropped his blasta to run faster. Every grot knew if they lost their gun they were done for it, but Giblit didn’t think about that right now. He had more pressuring matters running away from all the bullets. He was so filled with fear that he did not notice the biker boys driving right towards him. The last second he looked at them, and at an instant he jumped behind some cover, not that it helped against the heavy bikes.

He could see the other grots infornt of him doing the same, but the bikers just ran straight through the grot squad. Dividing them into two groups, Giblit on one side and a few grots on the other side. The rest was either killed by bolter fire or run over by the bikers. The field was covered in black smoke. Giblit couldn’t see anything until a trukk nearly squashed him like a bug. He could hear his friend Tidbit a few meters away shouting. He was pointing at direction the trukk had come from, and Giblit realized more were coming. One passed infront of him, between him and Tidbit, another was driving right towards him. He had no choice but to run back the way he came from. At the same time, a volley of beaky rokkits was aimed straight towards him. The trukk he just dodged got hit, and it ended with a huge explosion. Another rocked hit the ground right infront of him. He was zigzagging forward to dodge the explosion when another trukk roamed right infront of him. He fell to the ground because of the sudden stop, but had to fly up on his feet again to dodge another incoming trukk covered in flames.

He was looking back while running and he couldn’t see any other fast vehicles in approach. But when he fixed his eyes forward he fell while screaming. Just a few steps in front of him Big Mek Gaffa together with whats left of his shoota-guard was in a fight against a Dreadnought. It looked like he was in trouble, but a grot can really help against a Dreadnough. Even if Giblit could help, he probably wouldn’t. He just wanted to run away from this fight and survive. He stepped backwards not knowing where he sat his foots, cus his eyes was fixed at the fight. A sudden “bleep” came from under his foot, and out came a rokkit blazing forward straight towards the Mek’s back. A little hick came from Giblit. He had apparently stepped on one of the trukkboy’s rokkit. As the rokkit flew forward at full speed towards the Mek, the stunning ork technology made it look like a bumpy ride for the rocket. It was spinning in air, almost out of control, but it was still flying towards the close combat. Giblit closed his eyes, and the explosion was tremendous. Bits of metal and flesh were flung thru the air. Even giblet himself was caught in the shockwave, flying several meters backward. There were a lot of dust in the air, and his head was spinning around. He could not focus on anything with his eyes. He could hear a faint sound and an emerging figure came up to him. “You stoopid git!” Giblit tried to focus, and he could barely see the Mek coming out of the dust “Ya ruined tha fight!” he said, and gave Giblit such a hard kick in the face that he passed out.
    “Oi! You keep him alive dere Doc!”
    “Why? Hez just a runty little Grot! And didn’t he blew off yer arm with a rokkit?”
    “Sure he ripped off my arm, all my shootaboyz are dead too.. but I have an speshul task for dis git!”

------------------------------------

My little animatic for the miniwargaming Massve War Gaming Video Contest!

Giblit, the lucky grot! started out as a test to write some warhammer 40k fluff. I decided I wanted to make a storyboard out of it and made some really fast concept drawing in Photoshop. More and more panels emerged under the tip of my Wacom pen, and with some hard work, I managed to make an animated storyboard sequence. And trust me, it takes time to draw this many drawing! In the end I had to just hurry up and not do the drawing proper. Some of them look horrible and ugly, but its not about beautiful art, its more about storytelling. So enjoy the video!

YouTube - Giblit the lucky grot

Tell me what you think!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Thinks he's a big deal rafis117's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    105 (x4)

Very nice. Is this related to a game that you played or is it just a cool idea that you had?
    Terminator armor going critical would be like Three Mile Island only very, VERY angry, and carrying a hammer.
    LO rules in a nutshell: Don't post unit costs, be polite, rep posts containing of win.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    33 (x1)

Thanks for the positive response! Well.. the story really just came to my head, but it could be used from one of my games. I actually have had very similar hapenings in some of my games. One time I played a SM stand and shoot army with 3 dreads. The one with Flamer and Heavy flamer was right next to my shootaboys, and my nob was ready to charge to hope for the best, but my kannon battery kill stealed it right infront of theire eyes.. and it did take down a couple of shootaboys. The bigmek actually just jumped out of the squad so he was close. Ive had similar fights where it was 2 sentinels, and a even more dreads (same opponent+ another guy)

Most of the times my grots can do a thing other than go to ground around home objective, but sometimes they actually hurt stuff! I usually play Mechanized army with 2 wagons with shootaboys, bigmek with KFF and other good stuff. + 10 grots for objective grabbing. But sometimes I run a slogging shooty army (I play deffskulls, so I can do both =D) With lootas SAG and kannon batteries, acompanied with KFF mek and shootaboys up front.

I kinda just took the cool stuff from every fight and mixed them into the idea.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    176 (x3)

I love this idea! I watched the video too: Its actually pretty good. Very good in fact. I'm looking forward to seeing what the 'speshul task' will be.
    2500 points of Empire for ToXG: Points painted for month 4: 0 Points painted overall: 510

+ Reply to Thread