Traitor Chaplains. - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Traitor Chaplains.

I know that most of the chapters that turn renegade kills their chaplains, but i the history of my self created chapter i want my Chaplain to turn renegade and become a Sorcer of Chaos. would this bee bad or to wrong to do?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    403 (x8)

Mostly this is because Chaplains are so fanatical they'll never turn, but if it was your Chaplain who turned first he could lead the rest of the chapter astray... then they'd not need to kill him.
    My Deathwatch Campaign
    Furious Angels: (SM) W22, D1, L9 (BA) W15, D0, L3 | Sentinels of Saphery (HE) W3, D0, L0

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well the main reason for them to turn to chaos is because of a ancient artefact, that corrupts the mind of the wielder and anyone who is close to him. and my Chaplain is the one carrying the weapon.

My backpack has JETS! Ravendove's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    545 (x8)

The Word Bearers Legion, before the Horus Heresy, was quite loyal. That is, until their Chaplains began to be corrupted by the Chaos Gods. Slowly but surely, they in turn corrupted the rest of the Legion. They were the first to fall to Chaos.

In every other traitor legion however, the Chaplains were the among the last members to hold out against corruption and for this reason they were often executed first by those who sought to corrupt the legion.

So yeah, it's a very possible army background. It's happened before, and it could happen again. But a Sorcerer of Chaos? Usually only Librarians would become Sorcerers as Chaplains do not have any psychic powers. But there's certainly no reason your Chaplains can't be different

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    539 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Ravendove View Post
    The Word Bearers Legion, before the Horus Heresy, was quite loyal. That is, until their Chaplains began to be corrupted by the Chaos Gods. Slowly but surely, they in turn corrupted the rest of the Legion. They were the first to fall to Chaos.
    Interestingly enough, they got disheartened when the emperor tikd them to stop worshiping him so much and getting some more work done.
    Something along these lines might be interesting for a Chapter turning? Some act or proclamation of the Imperiums rulers turning them disenfranchised with the Imperium.
    Got a "good" rumour from a GW staffer? Forget about it, LO'ers know more than any random GW shop staffer.
    Voor alle nederlanders:
    The Dutch Legion
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

780 (x8)

There's no real fluff problem with a Chaplain falling to Chaos--as other have pointed out, it's only not as frequent as other Marines falling. I'm more curious about how the Chaplain would have acquired sorcery. Did he have unnoticed psychic potential? Did he cut a deal with the Ruinous Powers? Was he a good guy whose soul was destroyed and replaced by a daemon? Psychic ability isn't magic...you can't get it just by reading books.
    "My tanks have names, my men have numbers." -Col. Edmund Grahvess, 23rd Kronecker Prison Guard

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well about that whole thing about him getting physic powers would be from the same artefact that turned the chapter. after the chapter turned he stroke a pact whit nurgle who granted him some physic powers, namely the Nurgle's rot (main ability) and Gift of chaos (his familiar, namely the artefact.). as it seems that it is fully abel, then i will start writing his fluff in whit the rest of the legion, and then all of you can read about the fall of the Angels of Tygress.

Thinks he's a big deal rafis117's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    105 (x4)

It is unlikely for Nurgle to grant psychic ability; that is more Tzeencth's style.

Chaplains are by-and-large harder to corrupt, so it would take longer but probably accomplish a lot more; they are the final authority on religion and morality in any Chapter.
    Terminator armor going critical would be like Three Mile Island only very, VERY angry, and carrying a hammer.
    LO rules in a nutshell: Don't post unit costs, be polite, rep posts containing of win.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rafis117 View Post
    It is unlikely for Nurgle to grant psychic ability; that is more Tzeencth's style.

Chaplains are by-and-large harder to corrupt, so it would take longer but probably accomplish a lot more; they are the final authority on religion and morality in any Chapter.
    i may have been alitlle bit uncleare about what i meant. what i meant was that he was already gifted whit the gift of chaos from his artificial blade, and when the chapter finnaly fell to chaos he chose to devote himself to Nurgle. because of the artefact he got pshycik abilities, and he striked pacts whit daemons of nurgle and archived in the en the nurgle's rot physick power.

Thinks he's a big deal rafis117's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    105 (x4)

Hmm... artifacts tend not be able to grant psychic power...it's like a genetic mutation which, instead of causing Down Syndrome or Sickle-Cell or something, allows the mutant to touch the immaterium and channel its energy to affect real space.

This isn't WoW, where holding a magic sword makes you a magician. Psykers are born, not made. With the essentially sole exception of Tzeentch.

The only artifacts that might, possibly grant psychic power is via daemonic possession. Those tend to be of the world-shattering, grand-crusade spawning type, not one that a Chaplain picked up off a battlefield as a curiosity or a trophy.
    Terminator armor going critical would be like Three Mile Island only very, VERY angry, and carrying a hammer.
    LO rules in a nutshell: Don't post unit costs, be polite, rep posts containing of win.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast