Fluff of the Inquisition - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    66 (x2)

Fluff of the Inquisition

For my second 40k army, I've decided that the inquisition should be my port of call. At the moment my force is DH's with WH allies, however I hope for it to become WH's with DH allies after I've gathered enough money to complete the army.

Is there anyone who could recommend an outline for some fluff that could explain as to why WH's and DH's might be working so closely together on such a regular basis. So close that even the SoB's armour has been altered to follow the colour scheme of the Grey Knight heraldry.

Thanks to all in advance

Grey Knight WIP Thread <Clicky>

I am the Hammer...

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Thinks he's a big deal rafis117's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    105 (x4)

Uh...mis-filing of transfer requests in the Imperial War machine, so the SoB were stuck with the Grey Knights?

I mean, they are reasonably parallel organizations within the Inquisition, so working together isn't at all uncommon.
    Terminator armor going critical would be like Three Mile Island only very, VERY angry, and carrying a hammer.
    LO rules in a nutshell: Don't post unit costs, be polite, rep posts containing of win.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

66 (x2)

I know because they are both inquisition, it proberly wouldnt be uncommon to see them working together, but from what i've heard of the Grey Knights, they tend to be in and out getting the job done before many other reinforcments turn up. I don't really know much fluff wise about WH's. But i'd have thought the Ordo malleus and Ordo herreticus would have different methods that might conflict with each other

I am the Hammer...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

105 (x4)

The way I understood it, the DH fight an enemy who literally appears out of nowhere, and they are a mere 1,000 suits stationed around Jupiter. They've got a pretty big footprint.

The WH fight an enemy who appears out of nowhere through fabricated holes in it. There are a LOT more WH than DH, but nonetheless, their job too is like catching and breaking up smoke.

I imagine that, given the hit-and-run nature of their enemies, the two branches of the Inquisition would pool resources whenever they meet up.
    Terminator armor going critical would be like Three Mile Island only very, VERY angry, and carrying a hammer.
    LO rules in a nutshell: Don't post unit costs, be polite, rep posts containing of win.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    355 (x8)

Going to be anal again here.

First, there are about 3000 Grey Knights, not 1000. And they fight all daemons, whether they are from random rifts or summoned. And Sisters don't just fight daemons, that's the Grey Knight's job. The Sisters fight the actual cultists, traitors, and heretics.

With both organisations, they are scattered in small groups around the galaxy. That's how they can respond quickly, otherwise it would take far too long for Grey Knights to reach a warp rift from Jupiter, for example.

As for SoB and GK working together, have a Malleus and a Hereticus Inquisitor team up for a particular campaign, but they get called away to fight other threats at times (ie, unexpected xeno invasion and they are the closest to respond.)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    216 (x7)

Shrine world protected by SoB are attacked by Forces of Chaos which include Daemons.
    Daemon Hunters, the Grey Knights, come to the defence of the planet.
    Too bad the loyal Sisters will probably need to be executed once the Chaos enemy have been pushed back
    Arch Overfiend & Grand Despot
    I currently play:
    Doom Eagle Space Marines
    Hive Fleet Omega Tyranids
    Goff Ork Boyz(dead)
    Tau of O'me
    Inquisitorial Xeno Hunters

and my attempted foray into fantasy
    'Dark Angel Green' Dark Elves in need of fluff

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    415 (x8)

Grey Knights hunt daemons. Sisters hunt witches. Therefore, together they hunt daemon witches.

My logic is infallible!
    The above poster = Totally a member of the Fluff Masters Clan. Click here for fluff pwnage.

Come, sons of LO! Kneel before Poodle!

Mr_Wayne: "Some people believe that the World Eaters do not field any ranged weaponry. Those people often die at a distance."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

105 (x4)

Quote Originally Posted by ze_poodle View Post
    Grey Knights hunt daemons. Sisters hunt witches. Therefore, together they hunt daemon witches.

My logic is infallible!
    Lulz.

but yeah, since Daemons and Witches tend to fight each other, DH and WH could team up and kill *both* sides of the former conflict.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

66 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by omegoku View Post
    Shrine world protected by SoB are attacked by Forces of Chaos which include Daemons.
    Daemon Hunters, the Grey Knights, come to the defence of the planet.
    Too bad the loyal Sisters will probably need to be executed once the Chaos enemy have been pushed back
    why didn't i think of something like that? Although, could that be cause enoughfor the SoB to change there look to match the colours of the Grey Knight heraldry?

I am the Hammer...

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    459 (x8)

After said battle the ashes that left of the enemy are still glowing embers,Inquisitor nameme,and inquisitor namemetoo both receive messages of a new emergent chaos cult on the planet nametheplanet.The cult has reached great proportions to fact that the entire guard has turned brandishing the banners of darkness.Reports from escapee civilians speak of horrors summoned from great warp portals that sunder the very reality.Although a campaign is in progress to reclaim the planet from the ruinous powers there are relics of the imperium that are hold sacred by the eclissiarchy,relics that a sorcerer seems to be in the process of defiling for unknown purposes.Clearly none can be trusted to stand firm and resolute against such horrors and with so much at stake the inquisition can not sit idle.Once in orbit it soon is realized that individually the situation can not be assessed.Daemons are too powerful for the sisterhood and the heretics boast so much numbers and heavy armor that the GK cant handle without heavy support.More over the very landscape of the planet is so twisted near the relics locations that the sisters although their faith beyond question,cant take so much madness. So a deal is stuck by both inquisitors to cooperate and banish the evils of the warp.
    The sisters would be cleaning the swaths of the heretic guardsmen and act in accord with the rest of the loyal imperial forces,while the GK will be invading the most warp touched areas and dealing with the heaviest daemonic incursions,that seem to bolster the fallen guardsmen lines.

Sounds reason enough?
    Last edited by pilot00; November 2nd, 2009 at 16:11.
    Praise be to the Emperor!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast