Casting the "Feature Film" Horus Rising - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    United States
    0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

283 (x6)

Casting the "Feature Film" Horus Rising

So, before you start drolling on the keyboard, let me shoot your hopes down, to my knowledge there is no real feature film in the works for the Horus Heresy books (as a side note, there is a 40K underway, you can see my blog for details if you like). Now, what I do want your help with, is to fictionally cast the first Horus Heresy book, "Horus Rising" by Dan Abnett (and in a way, the rest of the trilogy)- if money and availability was no obstacle, who would YOU want to play the parts?

To keep things organized, I thought we could discuss just a couple of characters first, perhaps come to a conclusion/vote and then move on to some others, so we don't have rampant thread hysteria (assuming anyone actually participates in this little experiment. So, when you post, it would be helpful if when you suggest someone, to include a picture, a name, and a list of well known movies (if you can) so that others can reference them and know who you're talking about. Also, let's keep from any cross-Atlantic debates about who's actors are better, etc. (That's lame and counter-productive)

And, if we can all come to conclusions to get one actor/actress for each part (or maybe two) I can keep track of them here in this main post. Once we start casting, I'll start working on a long list of all the stuff we need to cast (important parts anyway).

So, I thought we'd start with one important part, and one not so much and hopefully try to maintain that pattern. So, let's here your ideas for the beloved Garviel Loken and for Lucius of the Emperor's Children.

When visiting this idea over the past few months, I often imagine Mr. Clive Own as Loken

Some of his past big name credits include - (from most recent) Duplicity, The International, Shoot Em Up, Children of Men, Inside Man, Sin City, King Arthur, Bourne Identity

Admittedly, I've not seen a whole lot of his movies, but, he has a face/common persona that seems to resonate a seriousness and focus I imagine Loken to have. He's been in lots of action movies, so it's easy to see him kicking butt, etc. I think he'd be a good choice. What about you fellas?

Lucius was a bit tougher, and I'm still not sure, I think that many of you will probably come up with better candidates, but for the sake of participation I considered Mr. Edward Norton

I can't really pinpoint why I chose him, I just get a weird vibe from him, like he could be really freaky if he tried, which is what Lucius is all about. Some of his past credits include The Incredible Hulk, The Illusionist, Fight Club, Kingdom of Heaven, The Italian Job, and Death to Smoochy.

Anyway, what about you people out there? Surely you've thought about a movie for the books, now's your chance to voice your opinion! It won't affect the material universe, but you can voice it!

2. Remove Advertisements

LO's unofficial Jester Visitor Q's Avatar
    Vault 13
    1 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

377 (x8)

I'm not sure about Horus Rising but Will Farell should definitly play Magnus The Red.

"Isstavan V, Darvan, Secret orders, does no one else realise Horus is a traitor???? I feel like I am taking crazy pills here! Well I'll be a monkey's Uncle if I let him ruin the Emperors plan! "
    "God is dead" Nietzsche- 1886
    "Nietzsche is dead" God- 1900

Why are there scams?

Adelaide, Australia
    14 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

470 (x8)

I wouldn't think it would be all that easy casting someone as Magnus. 0) I guess effects would make things a little easier, though.

I don't have any brainwaves myself, but this kind of looks like an interesting thread and something might come to me if I think about it for long enough...
    Rabbit; Our Tau community has the talent of figuring out how to turn a feather into a timebomb. Macgyver would be jealous.
    8people; Honey, why is my fluffwars story your shopping list?

+ Reply to Thread