Could you give a DIY chapter a relic from pre-Heresy era? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    68 (x4)

Could you give a DIY chapter a relic from pre-Heresy era?

Like some item bellowing to your Primarch? Or perhaps crafted by your Primarch (Ferrus Manus in this case)?

I was thinking it would be cool to have some revered artifact that links the Chapter back to their Primarch.

A youth with his first cigar makes himself sick; a youth with his first girl makes other people sick. - Mary Wilson Little

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    324 (x8)

Absolutely. The big-name weapons of the primarchs are generally taken, but I'd be surprised if Russ or The Khan only had one sword lying around.

As for Manus, the dude was a freaking smith, I'm sure he has dozens of hand-made powerswords laying around in crates all over.

You could also keep in mind that, connections with the primarch aside, many relic weapons belonged to revered captains of the Legion as well.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    415 (x8)

The Black Swords used by the Templars are supposedly Heresy relics. The Soul Drinkers, from the novels by Ben Counter, are searching after an artifact called the Soulspear supposedly owned by Dorn.

It works like this. Captain Bob of the, say, Ultramarines, survives the Heresy. He owns the Fantastical Rainbow Blade of Macragge, which he got from the previous Captain on his death. Gulliman splits his Ultramarines up into dozens of smaller chapters, and Captain Bob is made Chapter Master of a new chapter, the Supermarines. And he takes his Fantastical Rainbow Blade of Macragge with him. When Chapter Master Bob dies, it gets given to the next Chapter Master of the Supermarines, and ten thousand years later, boom. Insta-relic.

If you want a more recent Chapter to have the Fantastical Rainbow Blade, then say that one day the Supermarines are told to donate geneseed to the construction of the successor chapter, the...Awesomemarines. Chapter Master Joe of the Supermarines names Captain Jerry the new Chapter Master of the Awesomemarines, and as a present, good-luck charm, whatever, he gives Chapter Master Jerry the Fantastical Rainbow Blade of Macragge. And so on, and so on, for as long as you want.
    The above poster = Totally a member of the Fluff Masters Clan. Click here for fluff pwnage.

Come, sons of LO! Kneel before Poodle!

Mr_Wayne: "Some people believe that the World Eaters do not field any ranged weaponry. Those people often die at a distance."

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

68 (x4)

Yeah thats pretty much how I expected it to go. I was just more wondering if its the kind of thing people should avoid o0r not when making a Chapter. But at this point I'm thinking less avoid and more like expected to have
    A youth with his first cigar makes himself sick; a youth with his first girl makes other people sick. - Mary Wilson Little

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    216 (x7)

you could always go for the 'found a long lost relic weapon on a deserted moon and held on to it as it turns out the primarch owned it' angle to..
    Arch Overfiend & Grand Despot
    I currently play:
    Doom Eagle Space Marines
    Hive Fleet Omega Tyranids
    Goff Ork Boyz(dead)
    Tau of O'me
    Inquisitorial Xeno Hunters

and my attempted foray into fantasy
    'Dark Angel Green' Dark Elves in need of fluff

Thinks he's a big deal rafis117's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    105 (x4)

You should avoid giving weapons that were already handed out, or weapons that try to claim that they were more important that the existing canon would like.

BTW thanks for asking instead of going ahead and telling us that your Captain has the personal go-to weapon of one of the Primarchs. Most people aren't so considerate.

I would assume that the Primarchs have multiple weapons (such as Dorn), made multiple weapons (such as Ferrus Manus or Vulkan), or simply were given weapons as a gift that while the never used. they technically owned them and could be said to be "their"' weapon.

Out of curiosity, what type or weapon are we talking and whose geneseed?
    Terminator armor going critical would be like Three Mile Island only very, VERY angry, and carrying a hammer.
    LO rules in a nutshell: Don't post unit costs, be polite, rep posts containing of win.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    403 (x8)

I can certainly see any Primarchs who were friends with Ferrus having at least one weapon as a gift from him, aside from any xenos trophies or pre-Strife relics found on the crusade.

Case in point both the Imperial and Crimson Fist Chapter Masters have weapons that used to be owned by Dorn, and there's probably more in storage that remain unused for whatever reason.
    My Deathwatch Campaign
    Furious Angels: (SM) W22, D1, L9 (BA) W15, D0, L3 | Sentinels of Saphery (HE) W3, D0, L0

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

68 (x4)

Quote Originally Posted by rafis117 View Post
    Out of curiosity, what type or weapon are we talking and whose geneseed?
    No specific weapon in mind. In all actuality this all came about because I was thinking of the fight that Ferrus Manus had with the great silver wyrm Asirnoth, and how cool a model of Asirnoth would be, then it came to mind that it could be a statue for the Chapter, which soon led me to thinking of "what if Manus made it". The whole idea was nixed on the manus constructing it side of things, as I doubt the Iron Hands would be handing a massive statue of the beast slain by their Primarch over to some other chapter, but that got me to thinking of Chapter Relics, hence this topic.

I like to check on these things before letting my mind go wandering, well whenever possible. And the geneseed is Manus's.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    452 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by realitycheque View Post
    I can certainly see any Primarchs who were friends with Ferrus having at least one weapon as a gift from him, aside from any xenos trophies or pre-Strife relics found on the crusade.

Case in point both the Imperial and Crimson Fist Chapter Masters have weapons that used to be owned by Dorn, and there's probably more in storage that remain unused for whatever reason.
    What no mention of the Black Templars and their Sword of the High Marshals?

Also you could say that your chapter has the weapon used by a Primarach before they were reunited with the Emperor and the Space Marines. At which point they would have discarded their old weapons and were given a shiny new powered stick by the emperor.

The Emperor Protects
    IG Best Gen 1st overall of 10 DE 4th overall of 6
    Eldar 3rd Overall/Best General of 26--2nd Overall/Best General of 7--1st Overall/Best General of 11

+ Reply to Thread