Tzeentchian Kroot? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    355 (x8)

Tzeentchian Kroot?

Was flipping through some articles on Lexicanum the other day, and got to thinking about the Kroot cannabilism trait. What I got to wondering is, since kroot are susceptible to Chaos corruption by consuming corrupted flesh, and their bodies change at the genetic level to assume some of the traits of their prey, have there been any examples of a Tzeentchian cult of kroot? That God does pertain to their evolutionary outlook, and I believe that the Kroot, unlike the Tau, do have a warp presence.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

780 (x8)

It's certainly possible but not a foregone conclusion. One point is that Kroot have a very strong, innate ability to absorb only beneficial traits from their food, so they might prove resilient or even immune to residual Warp taint. Another point is that Warp-driven mutation is mainly a psychic phenomenon, not a genetic one. A third point is that Kroot are able to detect contaminated food and usually react violently. (An example can be found in the Ciaphas Cain book For the Emperor.)

A fourth point is a quote I remember from the second Last Chancers book, where an incredulous Lt. Kage asks a Kroot Shaper if it worshiped change. The Kroot sighed and said, "No, human, we only accept it."
    "My tanks have names, my men have numbers." -Col. Edmund Grahvess, 23rd Kronecker Prison Guard

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    450 (x8)

As mentioned, kroot (shapers at least) have an instinct to naturally avoid foods which will harm them. It's a kind of psychic sixth sense which they believe is their ancestors (whom they've absorbed by consuming the dead) guiding their evolution. They're thus unlikely to eat chaotic things unless they lack shaper guidance or are feeling reckless..

It happens though.. There was a story on the GW website in which a group of kroot ate corrupted cultists and became mutated mid-battle, turning on their allies. Chaos kroot certainly make a lot more sense than chaos tau.

The problem with Tzeentch is that Tzeentch is raw uncontrolled mutation.. Kroot don't generally like that, they favour careful, selective evolution which benefits them both individually and in terms of their ability to contribute to the overall species (who will, after all, absorb some of their traits when they die). Worshipping Tzeentch is thus a bit off, especially when kroot already have a very natural contact with much more real and rational (to them) spiritual beings in the form of their ancestors.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They might not outright worship Tzeentch, but I don't think that the accidental or desperate consumption of "wrong" flesh is out of the question.
    Also, Giant Mantis, could you sauce that GW story? I'd like to read about it.
    Okay, so now I have no signature. Great.

+ Reply to Thread