Help name my DeathWing Squads - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Help name my DeathWing Squads

I have two sets of deathwing squads and need to name them (10 total).
    One is a command squad with Apothecary and Banner carrier.

I am looking for names based on the Dark Angel or Deathwing army fluff or ones that make sense based on lore (american indian names, etc.). Thanks for your help!

Hopefully I'll get such awesome suggestions, that they will all be permanently added to my squads.

For the LION!!!
    Nathan

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    278 (x3)

Hello mate, the way I named my squads was to use this list here to pick out names of Fallen Angels from Christian mythology. For me the names I picked would be the name of the sergeant, and like many marine chapters the squad would then assume his title. Just a thought

Oh, and a very warm welcome to the forums by the way, good luck with your Dark Angels!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks sovietspace for the link to that list.

I am actually trying to name each of the members of both my squads, 10 terminators in all. I was mostly just interested to see what names anyone picked.
    you mind sharing yours?

I found this list here of all the names from books, lore, etc. I am using it mostly:
    http://www.angelfire.com/ok3/unforgi...ngel_Names.htm

Anyone game to list the names they gave their Deathwing terminators?

(thanks for the warm welcome to the forum as well)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    283 (x6)

For Angels I'd simply try to use known names of spiritual beings from lore and history.

Gabriel
    Adam
    Michael
    Azrael (already a DA character perhaps?)

Along those lines.
    "If you can wait til I get home, then I swear we can make this last."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

278 (x3)

Oh I see, well you could certainly find a few suitable names from that list

Like I said, I only named Sergeants and by extension squads. I have three squads, Squad Gideon, Squad Dante & Squad Eligor. Finally there is my Ven. Dread, Brother Balberith.

I just realised a few of those names aren't on the list I gave you. I'm not sure where Gideon came from, but Dante of course is from the Inferno, and given the fallen angel theme, it seemed more than suitable for my command squad.

I also named my two tac squads, Ipos & Orias, and my Ravenwing Squadron, Andras. Andras is a fallen angel who appears Raven-headed & Ipos and Orias are both good as they are listed as fallen angels who appear as Lions. Lion El' would be proud I hope.

I'm interested to see if you come up with American Indian names, its a part of the fluff I love but somehow forgot to consider when naming my squads! l

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks everyone for your help.

FYI: I liked the idea of thinking of each squad as a name.. but I ended up naming all the guys anyway.

The Fallen Angel list was excellent. I didnt realize that is where many Dark Angel names came from (Belial, Eziekel, Sammael)

+ Reply to Thread