Thousand Sons question - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thousand Sons question

Hello LO. I would like to play a Post-Heresy Thousand Sons army that isn't made up of Rubric Marines. I was wondering if there was any way for this to happen.

So far, I've come up with a few ideas. Tell me your thoughts on them, but please add your own.

1) Non- Thousand Sons Chaos Warband that admires the 1ksons and Painted their armor like theirs and seeks to join them

2) Gene seed from the Thousand Sons were tithed (pre-heresy) to Mars and the transport was lost in the warp. Millennium later, somebody (probably Fabius Bile) made some new marines from the recovered tithe.

3) A Thousand Sons ship was lost in the warp prior to the Rubric of Arhiman and when they emerged, they joined the other Thousand Sons.

Just a few ideas. Constructive criticism is appreciated.

When you fail to drink the Banana of Plasma, succeed in eating the Coffee Bean of Truth

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    283 (x6)

Maybe some Blood Ravens who finally figured out the big secret. Turned rogue and got in touch with their ancestral side.
    "If you can wait til I get home, then I swear we can make this last."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Nerdynick View Post
    Hello LO. I would like to play a Post-Heresy Thousand Sons army that isn't made up of Rubric Marines. I was wondering if there was any way for this to happen.

So far, I've come up with a few ideas. Tell me your thoughts on them, but please add your own.

1) Non- Thousand Sons Chaos Warband that admires the 1ksons and Painted their armor like theirs and seeks to join them

2) Gene seed from the Thousand Sons were tithed (pre-heresy) to Mars and the transport was lost in the warp. Millennium later, somebody (probably Fabius Bile) made some new marines from the recovered tithe.

3) A Thousand Sons ship was lost in the warp prior to the Rubric of Arhiman and when they emerged, they joined the other Thousand Sons.

Just a few ideas. Constructive criticism is appreciated.
    all three are good ideas, but just a warning on 2 and 3. if i remember correctly, problems in the Thousand Sons Geneseed caused the rampant mutations that led Ahriman to attempt the spell in the first place, so they may have to deal with that OR you have to explain how they dealt with it (as in past tense).
    How Did This Get Here I Am Not Good With Computer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As stated above; Those ideas are all great. 3 especially works because we all know the Warp moves in mysterious ways.

Also, yeah, the reason why Ahriman did what he did was because of rampant Chaos mutations beyond imagination were happening to the Thousand Sons. So in order to save them he gathered up a little group of sorcerers and cast the Rubric of Ahriman, which obviously was meant to stop the mutation. He didn't really get the results he expected and everyone who wasn't either turned into a more powerful pskyer was turned to dust or trapped within their armor as a ghost, essentially.

A little fluff recap, just in case!

Can I ask why you don't want to use the Thousand Son models? I'm assuming that $41 is a lot to pay for 9 models. Trust me, I know.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    33 (x1)

1. Could work.
    2. & 3. Quite improbable, I just believe those would have mutated.

But might I ask, what rules will you use and what kinda models did you planned on using.
    + We are changer, we are danger // Fallen angels, yet stranger +
    + WIP CSM & DH Exorcists in the making +

My backpack has JETS! Ravendove's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    545 (x8)

Well this gets a bit tricky. Every non-psychic member of the Thousand Sons legion was affected by the Rubric of Ahriman. They essentially do not have any Marinesbeyond Rubrics and Sorcerers.

What about, instead of doing a Thousand Sons army, you do another Chaos Space Marine chapter who have dedicated themselves to Tzeentch? Thousand Sons weren't the only ones.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    33 (x1)

As Ravendove said: use regular CSMs with IoT and maybe convert them using Thousand Son heads !

No King Rules Forever Dawnrunner's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    57 (x1)

The idea about some Blood Ravens going rogue and joining up with the Thousand Sons doesn't sound like a bad idea to me. Sounds more plausible than a couple of the other ideas, and think about all the painting and converting opportunities that open up!
    The Emperor set a fire in their hearts that they might burn the iniquitous and the impure from his sight. And the light of that flame shall be as a beacon to the faithful, a light that shines in the darkest places.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by hotspike18 View Post
    Maybe some Blood Ravens who finally figured out the big secret. Turned rogue and got in touch with their ancestral side.
    Did I miss something? I thought the Blood Raven's Primarch was unknown. Even if they did use the Thousand Sons Gene Seed, why? They had to have been made after the Heresy, so they wouldn't have used a Chaos gene-seed.

As for why I want to do this, I love the Thousand Sons colors and love the idea, but 1) The models cost a lot of points, 2) I prefer living, animate troops (fluff wise anyway), and 3) I like to give my soldiers wargear

As for rules, I planned on using the normal CSM squads with Icon of Tzeentch for most of my army. Probably a few normal Rubric Marines squads for use as 'elites'

As for models, again, normal CSM. However, I am warming to the idea of corrupted Blood Ravens (I'd just like to know a little more. Citations would be nice), which would be normal Space Marine models (with a few conversions for Chaos and a few Thousand Sons squads)

And to respond to Ravendove, I know, thats why I made this thread. But I was proposing a few ways where they might not have been affected, in 1, they wouldn't necessarily be 1ksons, in 2, the gene seed would not have been affected, and in 3, the marines in question might have been outside the area of the spell (being in the warp as they were)

Anyway, I want to know more about the Blood Ravens (since I missed something apparently). References would be nice, but not necessary. Plus the rogue Blood Ravens would make a sweet narrative campaign! (which my friends plan on running this summer)
    When you fail to drink the Banana of Plasma, succeed in eating the Coffee Bean of Truth

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    33 (x1)

To the whole Blood Raven background:

Blood Ravens - Lexicanum
    Since they have a huge amount of liberians in their rangs, it would be possible that they in fact come from the Thousand Son Gene Seed.
    I mean in the beginning at least they were loyal to the Emperor and even tried to warn him.
    The attack of the Space Wolves was the start for their corruption in my eyes to save their lives in the first place. (but that all doesn't belong here)

I like your idea otherwise, it'll be nice to see those guys and read the fluff...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast