help with planet name? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

help with planet name?

I am creating a number of chapters and one of them is themed after conquistadors. i want them to be from a cardinal or shrine world as the original conquistadors were very pious. i originally planned on using Espandor as 1 it sounds spanish and 2 i've heard from a few sources that Espandor was a cardinal world. but in the SM codex it says that Espandor is a agri-world of Ultramar. so i need help thinking of a spanish sounding name for the planet? what about cortez?

"I don't wanna kill ya, you're just too ugly to let live!".

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    355 (x8)

Take a city in Spain and change it a bit. For example, Madrid becomes Madrigor. But you can't use that one, I already have.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

or a spanish speaking language city, they always sound cool, places in mexica and sout america

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    283 (x6)

Could always try out those free online translator programs and play around with Spanish words and definitions.

For example I typed in Faith (Fe) and Unwavering (Constante)
    Put them together perhaps?
    Constantefe
    Feconstante
    Constantef

I mean, you might hate those ideas, but I think it might be worth your time to play around with them for a while. Trying translating English words that have religous connotations.
    (Examples - Angel, Paradise, Redemption, Forgiveness, Belief, Holy, Sacred)
    "If you can wait til I get home, then I swear we can make this last."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

actually that makes sense. sacred in spanish is sangre, how does that sound for a planet name? like sangre prime

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    355 (x8)

Sacred Prime sounds good by itself, haha, but Sangre Prime is good too.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i was wrong actually sangre dosent mean sacred it means blood. sorry my spanish is a little off lol

Thinks he's a big deal rafis117's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    105 (x4)

Still grim and dark, Jarl. Two wrongs make a win!
    Terminator armor going critical would be like Three Mile Island only very, VERY angry, and carrying a hammer.
    LO rules in a nutshell: Don't post unit costs, be polite, rep posts containing of win.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

795 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Jarl Bloodwolf View Post
    actually that makes sense. sacred in spanish is sangre, how does that sound for a planet name? like sangre prime
    Sangre prime sounds cool. Though I think Sangre prime would be the capital planet of the Sangre system. Saint (st) something will make it sound holy. St Sangre' as in saint blood. That will sound like it is more sinister. Conquistadors were a nasty bunch and a name that means blood may imply that it was founded during dodgy and or bloody events. Events the population praises as the crushing of the heretics now of course. This may add more character to your planet.

Thinks he's a big deal rafis117's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    105 (x4)

Quote Originally Posted by Leech View Post
    Sangre prime sounds cool. Though I think Sangre prime would be the capital planet of the Sangre system. Saint (st) something will make it sound holy. St Sangre' as in saint blood. That will sound like it is more sinister. Conquistadors were a nasty bunch and a name that means blood may imply that it was founded during dodgy and or bloody events. Events the population praises as the crushing of the heretics now of course. This may add more character to your planet.
    Good points! To embellish on this, the "prime", "secundus", etc are usually used to denote how far the planet is from the star (if it takes the star's name) or as a moon (in a similar way to the star example).

Ex. Mercury could have been called Sol Prime, or the Moon could have been called Terra Prime.

If there were to be more than one naturally-habitable planet in a system (unlikely), then the capital might have a unique name, otherwise, for simplicity's sake, it's just the order from their star.
    Terminator armor going critical would be like Three Mile Island only very, VERY angry, and carrying a hammer.
    LO rules in a nutshell: Don't post unit costs, be polite, rep posts containing of win.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast