How do you make Thousand Sons - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How do you make Thousand Sons

This has been bugging me awhile, but I know that Chaos Space Marines still harvest geneseed and make new CSMs, as even 10000 marines will eventually die out due to attrition, but how do the Thousand Sons make new marines? They don't really have gene seed left in the rubric marines (the sorcerers should, but thats still a minority).

When you fail to drink the Banana of Plasma, succeed in eating the Coffee Bean of Truth

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hmm, good question. Maybe they just repair the broken ones?
    How Did This Get Here I Am Not Good With Computer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    283 (x6)

Well, I've been told in one of the Space Wolf novels some Chaos Sorcerer tries some (possible spoiler btw) sort of ceremony to "re-bind" some lost Thousand Sons back into new suits of armor, of course this is Black Library stuffs, so I wouldn't trust it too much.

For one, the Sons are very survivable, and while I'm sure that many have fallen since the Heresy, there are many still ambling around that have been "alive" since the original Legion days. After all, the Sons aren't ones for frequent raids into Imperium space. Ahriman's ilk certainly see more action than the main branch, but otherwise they usually hang around in the Eye of Terror guarding the Sorcerers while they "experiment". Though I'm sure they go on quick little excursions for supplies/slaves/test subjects from time to time.

Perhaps there is a way of capturing the souls of those they slay in battle and binding them to the armor. Perhaps certain cultist cell members (of the unimportant non-psyker variety) are offered a chance to serve the Sons in other ways and suddenly find themselves trapped in an armored tomb.

Thus far I don't think I've seen any official fluff on the statement. My final answer given what I know - most of the Sons you see on the battlefield are the real deal, vintage Sons of Magnus.
    "If you can wait til I get home, then I swear we can make this last."

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    730 (x8)

I doubt the Rubric of Ahriman can be cast on a small scale (according to its fluff, it was the warp-equivalent of a nuclear winter fireball) so the sorcerors probably recycle the Rubrics somehow. There's no fluff for it, sadly, but given how souls are considered tradeable commodities in the Warp I see no particular difficulty for the salvage method.
    "My tanks have names, my men have numbers." -Col. Edmund Grahvess, 23rd Kronecker Prison Guard

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    730 (x8)

Double Post
    Last edited by Intrepid; February 12th, 2010 at 18:32.
    "My tanks have names, my men have numbers." -Col. Edmund Grahvess, 23rd Kronecker Prison Guard

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    216 (x7)

Tzeentch simply plucks the souls from the shattered armour, then stuffs it in a newly assembled suit with the correct markings.. maybe
    Arch Overfiend & Grand Despot
    I currently play:
    Doom Eagle Space Marines
    Hive Fleet Omega Tyranids
    Goff Ork Boyz(dead)
    Tau of O'me
    Inquisitorial Xeno Hunters

and my attempted foray into fantasy
    'Dark Angel Green' Dark Elves in need of fluff

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    450 (x8)

It's also worth mentioning that none of the original traitor legions have functioning geneseed.. mutation messes it up. They rely on (largely unspecified) methods developed by fabius bile to make new marines, probably involving crazy biotechnology, daemonic influence and hideous screaming pain..

As for the Thousand Sons.. It's not a spacesuit.. the soul doesn't leak out just because there's a hole.. Shoot big holes in it, blow it into little bits and it'll probably still be 'alive', just incapacitated. I have a cool image of Thousand Sons sorcerors 'resurrecting' dead marines by sorcerously reforging the armour back together, but that's just me.
    Last edited by The_Giant_Mantis; February 12th, 2010 at 20:29.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

795 (x8)

There may be a way to make new Thousand sons or something similar. The idea is to get a suit of armour possessed by a spirit one can control. Things like Defilers and Daemon engines are similar to this. I would not be surprised to see some fanatical followers of the Thousand sons Sorcerors actuallt liking the idea of being made into a new soldier to serve their masters. The rubic of Ahriman didn't just make Thousand sons drones, it also made the Sorcerors immune to mutation. I think the immunity to mutation was the hard part. Making a mindless-zombie-trooper isn't that hard in the grand scheme of things.