Fluff me up! - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Fluff me up!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fluff me up!

Hey all,

Like many I am eagerly awaiting the release of the new Blood Angels. My thoughts are currently on fielding an "Angels of Light and Darkness" style army: Blood Angels with Sisters of Battle allies featuring a winged Celestine (representing a Canoness) and the shiny new Astorath model (more on him below).

This army will play heavily on opposites - Male/Female, Pure/Red Thirst etc and probably be all about the balance between light and darkness (yin & yang symbol anyone?). I originally envisaged Astorath as representing a Chaplain but lately I have been having (dark) thoughts of making him a Librarian (and probably having some storyline as to why the WH are allying with him).

Being that I'm not a fluff master I would love to hear others thoughts/opinions on this. As the title says : FLUFF ME UP!

Cheers
    Dan

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    525 (x8)

Well you could have it that the Imperium are conducting a crusade against heretics in a certain sector. The SoBs are there to wage a war of faith against the heretics and the BA are there to assist due to them having a certain interest in the success of the crusade. Perhaps they are looking for an ancient artefact related to their chapter or something like that?

I like the theme though. Sounds pretty cool. How will you solve the army composition issues though?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hard to say what I will include in the army until the new dex is released. Adding to that I haven't played 40k seriously since the beginning of 4th ed ... yeah I've got some rules to learn and some serious playtesting ahead of me. Any tips on what to look out for would be greatly appreciated.

I like the idea of Jump Pack Assault Marines as troops. Was thinking of 2 x 10 man units of Assaults & 2 x 10 (wo)man units of SOB in Rhinos (each equipped with melta weapons) as the core of my army, that way I have a decent number of scoring units. Plus I almost have to include Seraphim because they fit the theme quite well.

The way I see it the Assault squads and the SOB squads seem to have the same task - use close range melta to explode tanks and either assault/shoot anything else.

I would also love other's opinions on army composition aswell. Troops/Units they might see working well together etc.

Cheers
    Dan

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    525 (x8)

Well I was more thinking about how you would actually design the force since you cannot mix and match army lists however you want, you know.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nah I'll use Blood Angels as the base force and have an allied contingent of Sisters. The Witch hunters codex has rules for it in the front

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I didn't think Sisters could ally with marines very easily? I thought there were more restrictions...

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    81 (x2)

If you're core army is witch-hunters, when inducting (alliying) marines you can not use any of the Adepta Soraritas.
    However if you run a space marine army (including all the variant codices) with allied witch-hunters, all the units are available but in a limited FOC.

Fluff could be that your chapter are planning a small crusade against Horus' chapter, to avenenge Sanguinius a tiny bit. The chief librarian has close ties to the Ordo Hereticus and so requests their aid as "intel" has informed them of many pyskers in the enemy forces.
    Or juse use the "they were in the nearby area" if you get really stuck.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bless be the inquisition codex allowing variations on same old armies.
    Crusade always go well with Inquisition wings and Space Marines.

The 'cause' and 'goal' for the Crusade which results in the coalition would be needed to justify it though.

As for me, I'm having issues setting up Ordo Malleus inquisitor fallen chaos in 'parent' army of Imperial Guards.

+ Reply to Thread