Horus Heresy Question(s) - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Horus Heresy Question(s)

Hopefully this is in the correct forum (if not, mods feel free to move it to the correct one).

I just finished reading the first Horus Heresy book, and I am confused (mostly due to the ending). Ok First- The planet Murder the LW fought along side the BA, were those Nids they were fighting, seemed like they could be, but I wasn't sure.
    Second- towards the very end, the whole thing with stealing the athame from the interex (i think thats what they were called-I don't have the book on me), why did it seem they denyed stealing it, and acted confused about the conflict (Loken), but the Mournval DID have it after all?
    Third- I am not sure the resoning behind the renaming of the Luna Wolves to The Sons of Horus (I understand that that is sort of the first step towards chaos, and him questioning the emperor's actions, but I thought renaming a SM chapter was a HUGE deal. (I though I remembered reading this somewhere).

So anyone that could help me understand what those things are about, it would be greatly appreciated.

thanks a ton!

Melanie

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1. They are not nids, just arachnid... and mega. Thats like saying that giant forest spiders from fantasy are nids because they are arachnids.
    2. As i recall it was erebus who stole it and the mournival, (at least most of it) didn't know. Horus wasn't even evil in that book, if you read the next book you will REALLY know that horus doesn't know and isn't evil yet.
    3. He changed the name of the chapter because the Emperor asked him to to show his chapter being led by the new warmaster which is a momentus occasion. Also lots of chapters change their names when big changes come along, The death guard were origionally the dusk raiders before Mortarion became their primarch. And all Mortarion said was something like, 'this is a new era, and you are my death guard.' and that was that.
    Hope i helped. :p

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by curly24242 View Post
    1. They are not nids, just arachnid... and mega. Thats like saying that giant forest spiders from fantasy are nids because they are arachnids.
    2. As i recall it was erebus who stole it and the mournival, (at least most of it) didn't know. Horus wasn't even evil in that book, if you read the next book you will REALLY know that horus doesn't know and isn't evil yet.
    3. He changed the name of the chapter because the Emperor asked him to to show his chapter being led by the new warmaster which is a momentus occasion. Also lots of chapters change their names when big changes come along, The death guard were origionally the dusk raiders before Mortarion became their primarch. And all Mortarion said was something like, 'this is a new era, and you are my death guard.' and that was that.
    Hope i helped. :p
    OK I kinds though that about the nid thing, just was a tad confused, I need to reread that last chapter then, I didn't catch the name of who stole it, And for the name change, ok ya I didn't know. I thought I read somewhere that the Emperor had to OK a name change (while the Luna wolves to Sons of Horus does indeed make more sense now, I guess I looked at it as an ego thing.

Hrous is actually a pretty likable person (hard to do that when I know what he becomes)

Melanie

Formerly BrotherAzriel Horus Lupercal's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    138 (x6)

Its the same with the World Eaters, they were origionlay the War Dogs, most of them changed their name when they were re united.
    PROUD TO BE IN THE BRITISH ARMY.
    ~~ Surrender and serve me in life, or die and slave for me in death~~

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    355 (x8)

The Emperor wanted Horus to change his Legion's name, so that the other Primarchs would see he was pre-eminent (as he would be the only one with a Legion named after him). As for the anathame, only Erebus, the visiting Word Bearers chaplain, stole it, others found out about it later (I'd say who, but that would be spoilers). And for the megarachnid, remember that this is the Great Crusade, there are a lot more alien species running around. Just wait until Fulgrim and you'll see what I mean.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is the Interex technically still around..since they didn't actually force them into compliance?

Toy Soldier Aficionado Wolf Guard's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    89 (x2)

No, it says in the books that they were wiped out. I believe it is in False Gods.
    The Wolf time is upon us!
    Rep for the Rep God! Positive for the Positive Throne!
    Armies: Space Wolves, Imperial Guard, Emperors Children, Necrons, Eldar

LO's unofficial Jester Visitor Q's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    377 (x8)

The name change from Lunar Wolves to Sons of Horus is similar to the Emperor's Legion being allowed to use the Imperial Aquilla (as opposed to the Thunderbolt) it is a sign of honour.
    "God is dead" Nietzsche- 1886
    "Nietzsche is dead" God- 1900

Why are there scams? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q71FLDIMBc8

+ Reply to Thread