Fluff questions. - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

1 (x0)

Fluff questions.

Hello, I am making a Space Marine Chapter, and although I am only recently getting into the game, I have years of role-playing and background writing experience, which consequentially means I have to make the fluff perfect.

Anyways, my question is, in a new founding where do the new recipients of the gene seed originate from? So in context, if a Chapter was founded to defend a certain star system in the Ultima Segmentum, would the gene seed recipients come from those planets?

Secondly, Is the chapter master of a newly founder Chapter a past captain of another?

Thank you!

2. Remove Advertisements

0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

450 (x8)

Marines are like uber-special forces, and thus are never really created with purely static defence of individual worlds in mind. Defending a single star system is thinking a little small. That said, most chapters will have one or more recruiting worlds (usually incredibly harsh deathworlds which produce exceptionally tough individuals) from which they draw new members and which generally (but not always) serves as a kind of home base for the chapter itself.

Also, if I remember right, chapters will usually be mentored by another chapter (generally of the same geneseed) until they are ready to stand on their own as an organization, but an individual marine never changes chapters as that would be an insult on several levels. From this I'd inflect that they pick the most competent and experienced recruits to be the first chapter masters. Since it will take time to build up full strength (1000 marine candidates don't come along all at once) there will always be some marines who have more experience than others.

+ Reply to Thread