Soviet Union Imperial Guard? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

1 (x0)

Soviet Union Imperial Guard?

hey there, I'm thinking about starting and Imperial Guard Army based around the soviet Union. I am in fact Russian, and i have always been interested int he history of the soviet union. Also, the Imperial Guard is really an army that demonstrates that "not one step back" discipline that the soviet union army had. Im planning to paint small red stars on the foreheads (or possible shoulders) of the guardsmen, and paints the hammer and sickle on tanks (inside a red star) and on the banners. I also plan to wear my new commisar hat with the soviet star on it to games and my local tournaments

C&C is welcome.

2. Remove Advertisements

Evil Mountain
    0 Post(s)
    1 Thread(s)

415 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by maxdudemax View Post
    C&C is welcome.
    [insert Red Alert joke here]

But seriously, the IG are already more Red Army than anything else. You're free to go nuts with the red stars and the hammer-and-sickle (maybe it's the heraldry of their founding world) but most of your work is done for you by the background fluff.

As for the hat, I don't know if that's over the top, but it depends on if there are any easily offended Polish, Finnish or Ukrainian people hanging around.
    The above poster = Totally a member of the Fluff Masters Clan. Click here for fluff pwnage.

Come, sons of LO! Kneel before Poodle!

Mr_Wayne: "Some people believe that the World Eaters do not field any ranged weaponry. Those people often die at a distance."

Cork, Ireland
    0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

216 (x7)

Valhallans are the classic great coat Russians, Or if you fancy plastic men use Cadians.
    Consider using Chekov and Commissars to represent the not one step back and the into the meat grinder style of warfare
    Arch Overfiend & Grand Despot
    I currently play:
    Doom Eagle Space Marines
    Hive Fleet Omega Tyranids
    Goff Ork Boyz(dead)
    Tau of O'me
    Inquisitorial Xeno Hunters

and my attempted foray into fantasy
    'Dark Angel Green' Dark Elves in need of fluff

+ Reply to Thread