Silly Armies 2 - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Silly Armies 2

Thinks he's a big deal rafis117's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    105 (x4)

Silly Armies 2

In the grim darkness of the far future there is only lulz.

So let slip the hilarity! Tell of your ideas, armies, units that you or others painted, anything from 40k that you have seen or want to see (or are seeing right now, just to cover all of the tenses) that amused you!

Terminator armor going critical would be like Three Mile Island only very, VERY angry, and carrying a hammer.
    LO rules in a nutshell: Don't post unit costs, be polite, rep posts containing of win.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    39 (x1)

Not mine ofcourse but its damned silly.

Angry marines. Interesting concept.

Then theres pretty marines.
    Last edited by Lyuben; August 31st, 2010 at 02:29.
    “When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why the poor have no food, they call me a Communist.”

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    470 (x8)

Well, while they're not specific to 40K, I did have a handful of army ideas that might seem a bit silly...

One of them was based off a comic book. Is anyone familiar with Asterix and Obelix? Anyway, it was the story when the Vikings come to Gaul because they want to learn about fear, and the Viking Chieftain is also keen on collecting a set of skull goblets for a wedding feast.

I was going to base an army on that concept, with the leader of the army set up on a base with an operating table, with some poor unfortunate pinned down to the table about to 'donate' his skull to the goblet set. Behind all this would have be a cupboard with a half-dozen skull goblets already in it, and the rest of the army would just be themed around collecting skulls, somehow. I guess that bit wasn't so important.

Also, some other weird idea about this little girl somehow coming to lead an army, and essentially turning a hard-as force of Chaos dudes into a princesses tea party, or something. I hadn't really worked that one through, but the idea of dressing up brutal warriors like they were at a child's tea party held a strange kind of appeal for me...
    Rabbit; Our Tau community has the talent of figuring out how to turn a feather into a timebomb. Macgyver would be jealous.
    8people; Honey, why is my fluffwars story your shopping list?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

105 (x4)

Quote Originally Posted by Deadstar_MRC View Post
    Also, some other weird idea about this little girl somehow coming to lead an army, and essentially turning a hard-as force of Chaos dudes into a princesses tea party, or something. I hadn't really worked that one through, but the idea of dressing up brutal warriors like they were at a child's tea party held a strange kind of appeal for me...
    It's like SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!! only Alice in Wonderland. God, that's a sick, sick thought. But it's silly!

Lyuben, as for your Unyuufex and Angry Marines, those are Warhammer denizens of reputable silliness. And the Pretty Marines are straight from 1d4chan (as, admittedly, are the Angry Marines and the Unyuufex, but someone made a Pretty Marine army). Great way to kick off the party!
    Last edited by rafis117; August 31st, 2010 at 21:53.
    Terminator armor going critical would be like Three Mile Island only very, VERY angry, and carrying a hammer.
    LO rules in a nutshell: Don't post unit costs, be polite, rep posts containing of win.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    204 (x6)

This sound like fun!

And an old favourite...

-Kai-Itza-

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    39 (x1)

In these hard times you may be forced to cut down on your necron army. And play... sprue crons.
    “When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why the poor have no food, they call me a Communist.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

105 (x4)

And a well done edit of one of Tim Buckley's webcomic pages:

And the obligatory Angry Marines (other than Sparta-Marine) and Creed pictures:

(This one's Creed's handiwork.)

Formerly BrotherAzriel Horus Lupercal's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    138 (x6)

Theres some very funny stuff here guys, keep it going! will rep for all when cpu aint so slow!!
    PROUD TO BE IN THE BRITISH ARMY.
    ~~ Surrender and serve me in life, or die and slave for me in death~~

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    74 (x2)

When you've gotta go, you've gotta go.

space_marine_toilet.jpg
    Attached Images

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

105 (x4)

U know wot dis here tread needs? MOAR DAKKA!

And some miscellaneous: