Hive Fleet Macarbe II - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Senior Member Hive Fleet Macarbe's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    128 (x3)

Hive Fleet Macarbe II

-+Income Transmission+-
    -+Accept? Y/N+-

...Playing transmission

..Only a ...few left... numbers ... multiplying... they are at the gate.... they are not beast... they are smart... they are upon us....the door....its opening....call reinforc...

-+Transmission Ended+-
    -+Lost connection from source+-

.........-+Playing earlier messages+-
    Sightings have been spotted of vanguard organisms within the cities walls, killing at will, the reports have been multiplying I request the aid of any nearby marines as soon as possible, our forces are being spread out, its only a matter of time before the full force of the fleet arrives.
    -+Message ended+-

-+Second Last Message+-
    Where are those marines? the skies are covered in a poison fog, we cant go outside, there are to many, please for the love of the emperor! send reinforcements! we have lost millions! please!
    -+Message ended, Poor connection from the atmosphere+-

Background Info
    Hive Fleet Name: Macabre- ghastly: shockingly repellent; inspiring horror.

Colors- Slight, bleached bone skin with hardened regal blue exoskeletons with hawk turquoise trim.

Number of fighting tyranids- Estimated assumption by experts place it at over 2 billion

Interesting Facts- Hive Fleet Macabre are a new hive fleet eager to please the mind, this hive fleet is adapt to hit and run tactics. When this hive fleet was was first unleashed on the universe. The inquisitors sent the fabled white scars to eliminate the threat before it grew. Little did they know the experts where very, very wrong, there were more than 2 billion, and they were all very hungry. The white scars company sent to eliminate the threat never returned, and the tyranids absorbed their tactical knowledge of hit and run. Adapting there forces they have mastered this tactic. With hordes swelling with gaunts, genestealers, trygons, carnifex's, tervigons and led by a couple of cruel hive tyrants, Hive Fleet Macabre is not something that can be ignored.

A quick story of an invasion of the planet of Beta III

The roar was deafening, the defenders upon the ramparts of the huge complex held their guns shacking. The walls easily 10m high and 3m thick was designed to hold. But hold they shall not, a million different things rushed through the Hive Tyrant that has been code named High-Velocity of HV. HV was a tyrant like no other, he singe handedly rebuilt his hive fleet after it was destroyed to all but a few hundred fighting gaunts hundreds of years ago. And now all he has been told by the mind is to kill, destroy everything in his path. He towers will over 4m tall, armed with four razor sharp scything talons than can shred concrete like paper, with two huge wings protruding from his back he looked like a demon from the mind of Khrone himself.

HV stood to his full height and from the grasslands in front of the fortification he let our a roar that made a few of the guardsmen drop their guns over the edge of the walls in shock and surprise, and with that the slaughter of Beta III began.

Thousands of gaunts rushed the building, hundreds being shot down before they got there, they pushed the corpses on top of each other to form a stairway to the attackers, in the skies flew thousands of gargoyles at the point of this swarm was HV, it landed with a thump, making a huge crack in the concrete where it landed, swinging tis four talons of death in gory circles, removing limbs and killing many. The hours of the battle passed on, and the battle was almost over and at the hard fought center the two commanders of the two sides met, the imperial guard commander was a tall well built man, holding a chainsword in one hand and a pistol in the other.

He eyed up HV and opened his mouth to say some quick prayers to the emperor, then faced the huge beast. "Lets dance, you ugly mofo!" and charged the tyrant, the tyrant hacked and hacked, this commander had much skill with the blade. But he didnt last long. A few slashes later the tyrant removed the head of the young commander and carried on his slaughter.

The next morning flies infested the building, corpses everywhere. Legs, arms and heads littered the battlefield. The trygons where hunting the few stranglers and driving them otu of hiding, the trygon prime named "Larry" but many of the imperial guardsmen led this brood of trygons. Everything went well, with only a few ten of thousand gaunts deaths, a shame that a few carnifex's died. Nothing that cant be replaced. As HV looked into the sky he smiled on the inside. Drop pods rained form the sky in the masses. The real battle is about to begin. And with a roar the horde was ready.

ON a final note, I know a few guys in my local club who make up some rules for their lists, to suit their fluff but they also have a disadvantage to counter it. An example is my mates tyranid list:
    Such as they cant take termagaunts but they hormagaunts are buffed out.

Some rule ideas? I would like to base it around the white scars hit and run tactics.

Thanks!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

795 (x8)

That's a good read. I think that I liked the start with the garbled transmissions the most.

To give them fancy rules you could try to use the 'hit and run' rule from the rulebook. Maybe have some of your Tyranids go faster too, like fleet on a few things that don't have it.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    459 (x8)

Thats a great read,but i have a question.When you mean that the hive fleet was left with only a few hundered gaunts,you mean that everything else was destroyed or only the fighting forces of the fleet?Because if only that was left were a hive tyrant and some gaunts i dont see any way of reproducing.Just a thought from my part,keep it up i want to read more!
    Praise be to the Emperor!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Senior Member Hive Fleet Macarbe's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    128 (x3)

The ships weren't destroyed, just suspended in space, till they repaired. The tyrant and gaunts where the only way of getting biomass for their ship, as most of their army was wiped out. Ill post more fluff later

+ Reply to Thread