any fluff ideas? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

1 (x0)

any fluff ideas?

i have just recently created a new paint scheme. if you go on to GW's website and go to the space marine chapter gallery, there's a chapter called the Doom Legion. i didn't really like the green so i switched it with blue. i painted up a test mini and i really like it! I have named the chapter the Legion of Cobalt. but i have no fluff on them or anything. im good at creating colors that flow, but not good at making up fluff! any ideas????

2. Remove Advertisements

Adelaide, Australia
    14 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

470 (x8)

A healthy dose of "Why?" might come in handy here - it's my most useful question when crafting fluff!

So, why do they use the particular blue you're using? Something to do with the planet they're on? A past battle? A belief or superstition, or do they just like the colour?

Just start asking yourself questions about the chapter, and jot down some answers. For example, do they field a lot of a certain type of unit (i.e. lots of infantry, tanks, bikes, whatever...)? In real life terms this is usually because you like the models, or because they're effective, or because of your budget as a player, but in terms of the background for the army... It can be because of the terrain or conditions of their homeworld, or because of a certain way the chapter has learnt to wage war. Maybe it's because of the beliefs of the people the Marines recruit from.

If I can cite an example of all this, to try and better explain it - When I was working on the idea behind a Sisters of Battle, I'd decided I wanted them to use the colour purple, so I had to come up with a reason to use purple. With a bit of research I discovered that they used to make purple dye from seaweed, so I needed a world with oceans. The homeworld of the Sisters therefore became an agri-world, a primarily ocean-filled world with only a single large land mass.

Then I needed a reason, a Why, for the Sisters to be there. Some story about the Canoness-to-be being an inquisitorial acolyte, chasing a lead with her master. I can't remember all the details, it was something about a black market mutagenics trade. Anyway, the Canoness-to-be crash lands in the ocean, miraculously survives but is stained purple by her time drifting the ocean tangled in seaweed.

I think I'm missing a lot from that but hopefully you get the idea, and hopefully it can lead to some inspiration!
    Rabbit; Our Tau community has the talent of figuring out how to turn a feather into a timebomb. Macgyver would be jealous.
    8people; Honey, why is my fluffwars story your shopping list?

+ Reply to Thread