Merry Christmas and a Happy new Daemon Prince? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    470 (x8)

Merry Christmas and a Happy new Daemon Prince?

Firstly, as I must at this time of year, Merry Christmas to all who read this!

Secondly; I have no idea why this occurred to me last night, but it did and I now turn to the more learned minds of LO to settle this question.

The traitor primarchs, for the most part, have been elevated to the status of Daemon Princes. However, has any normal human achieved the same status in the 40K universe? Are there any normal people who've become Daemon Princes?

I couldn't think of any off the top of my head. I know of stories and situations where people are possessed by Daemons, or enslaved by them, but I've not heard of one becoming a Daemon Prince. I know it happens in the Fantasy setting, but that's likely because there aren't genetically engineered superhumans that Daemonkind can use as their playthings instead.

So, maybe my knowledge is just incomplete, and there's something I've missed? Or maybe it flat out hasn't happened. I know there's not a large focus on normal human traitors, as it's all about the space marines these days

Just thought I'd throw it out there for some discussion. Thanks in advance for any input!

Rabbit; Our Tau community has the talent of figuring out how to turn a feather into a timebomb. Macgyver would be jealous.
    8people; Honey, why is my fluffwars story your shopping list?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    355 (x8)

Yes, most of the truly ancient daemon princes are human origin. The Executioner, for example, is a daemon prince of Khorne who was an ancient barbarian warlord on Earth before ascending. Also, there is the Nurgle prince Mammon, who was an apostate preacher in the service of the Alpha Legion during the Vrax campaign.

So yes, regular humans have and do become daemon princes too. And lots of Space Marines.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    470 (x8)

Good to know! Thanks for your input, I meant to say so earlier but I thought I'd see if anyone else had anything to contribute.
    Rabbit; Our Tau community has the talent of figuring out how to turn a feather into a timebomb. Macgyver would be jealous.
    8people; Honey, why is my fluffwars story your shopping list?

+ Reply to Thread