The daemon hordes should temporarily join forces with the Imperium - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The daemon hordes should temporarily join forces with the Imperium

With the Tyranids bearing down on the galaxy and destroying all life in their path, its only a matter of time before they reach Holy Terra and destroy humanity once and for all. After that, I'd think they'd make short work of the Eldar and Tau and everyone else, just through sheer force of numbers. They Tyranids and Necrons will avoid each other for the most part, since the Tyranids won't be settling on any Necron worlds and the Necrons should be content to just sleep away the eons.

This leaves the Daemons, whose sole purpose in this galaxy is to enslave the souls of the galaxy's sentient races. Once the Tyranids have finally wiped out all life in the galaxy, they'll just move on, passing up the daemons because it would serve no purpose to the hive mind, leaving a galaxy with nothing but a bunch of hungry and very immortal daemons and necrons.

In the end, although it may take a long, long time, the Tyranids will finally emerge as the victors and leave the galaxy in search of more life to consume, leaving a galaxy with nothing but very immortal necrons and daemons.

So, the only logical course of action that will benefit everyone is that the daemons should join forces with humanity to repel the tyranids from the galaxy - its the only way that they will be defeated, and its the only way to ensure a steady supply of sentient souls for the daemons to corrupt.

Just my thoughts on the matter.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

795 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by lightningpaws View Post
    So, the only logical course of action that will benefit everyone is that the daemons should join forces with humanity to repel the tyranids from the galaxy -
    One thing to consider is that Daemons are creatures of chaos, not order of logic. Some are intelligent, some of them very much so, but they are not always logical. Daemons are also very arrogant which can lead them to make errors in dealing with dangerous enemies. They are also bound to serve the gods that created them. Getting the Chaos gods to work together is like trying to herd cats.

Daemons are also trapped in the warp and they can't simply appear if they want to. This problem could keep them from forming any alliance with the Imperium, though the Imperium would say assuredly say no. If they were to ally the Daemons would turn the galaxy into a chaotic hell and ignore any deals they had made.

Oh No! Not Him Again! Non Marine Player's Avatar
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    94 (x2)

You assume the other xenos would be helpless. I can very easily see the Eldar and Tau joining forces, eventually coming up with methods of interrupting the hive mind or something. Plus Orks could be, and probably already have been, directed at the Tyranids by the Eldar to help stem the swarm or protect their own troops. Assuming that Tyranids have no way of ridding planets of orks spores, they would never leave the galaxy, with all the ork biomatter hanging around.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    450 (x8)

As leech mentioned, daemons can't just appear outside of warp storms and other anomalies.. they have to be beckoned by rituals, worship and blood sacrifice. Even if such an alliance were possible, in order to get their allies to the battlefield the Imperials would have to do all the things they hate the traitor legions for doing, and huge amounts of it. Traitors already depopulate entire worlds to gain daemonic favour, to harness significantly more daemonic power would take significantly more depravity. The entire of humanity would have to be turned to the purpose of summoning daemons and empowering the very entities they've been fighting against for thousands of years, who knows how much would be left of humanity by the end.

Also, Chaos corrupts, and nothing more so than contact with daemons. However much the people responsible for this alliance might delude themselves that it's in their best interests, every second they spend in contact with the powers of the warp is another step away from sanity and towards the willing worship of Chaos. There's a reason even radical Inquisitors are always very careful about what they do and how much power and attention they draw to themselves from the warp. Daemons are made of human (and alien) emotions, twisting those emotions to their own ends is second nature.
    Last edited by The_Giant_Mantis; December 30th, 2010 at 00:41.

LO's resident Yowie Dead Dude Walking's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    272 (x4)

Does the eye of terror disrupt the hive mind at all? If so, the peeps on Cadia would be able to survive for quite a while with the agri worlds near by, and wouldn't need the astronomican to navigate, as they could use stl ships to ship the food around. If the nids ravage the galaxy, mankind will probably survive up on Cadia. Tau WILL get eaten, and the eldar will probably go hang with their cousins in the webway.

Emperor Jr born on Cadia perhaps?

EDIT: sorry, that was totally off topic. Mankind will only give up to chaos in the dying moments of the imperium. Deamons won't really help all that much... therefore chaos gods slowly get weaker, kept alive by the dark eldar (inc the new ones), nurgle is killed by slannesh, as there is nothing left to kill with disease (orks and eldar don't get sick). Woah, i'm going off topic again.

You can debate this whole thing for hours.

Cheers
    -DDW
    Last edited by Dead Dude Walking; December 30th, 2010 at 08:07.
    <----- Dead Dude's WIP Thread, in all it's pant wetting glory! :D

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    74 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by Dead Dude Walking View Post
    Does the eye of terror disrupt the hive mind at all?
    Actuley the Eye is a massive psychic beacon, it would probably act as a lure just like the Astrinomicon.

When the first hive fleet enters the Eye and gets all screwed up by Chaos we might actuley see some plot advancment in 40k.

Just think about it! Chaos nids. Nids swallowed up in the swirling pool of 'crazy' that is the Eye of Terror, twisted and enslaved by the Chaos gods then sent back out into the galaxy to fu*k things up in whole new ways.

Eh... Who am I kidding. GW is never going to advance the plot that far in my life time.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    344 (x8)

Actually Skydog it wouldnt atract the nids in the slightest. Thing is they dont use the warp AT ALL. The only reason theyre atracted to the astronomicon is the emperors psychic power, which they pick up on. I think anyway, but they certainly wouldnt be atracted to the warp.
    Your friendly neighbourhood gargantuan creature

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    74 (x2)

Quote Originally Posted by Heirodule View Post
    The only reason theyre atracted to the astronomicon is the emperors psychic power, which they pick up on.
    Yeah, that's right, the hive mind can see the shining psychic beacon just as clearly (if not better) as any other psycher in the galaxy.

The hive mind looks at this bright glowing light of psychic energy and thinks "Yum, there must be a lot tasty creatures over there to generate all that psychic energy."
    Edit: Or it might look at it and think "oooo shiney!" Either way it's drawn towards it. LOL Rep for that one PL.

And that is why they will head directly for the Eye of Terror. It's a huge swirling mass of psychic energy that lights up the galaxy just like the astronomicon. If they're drawn to one they should be drawn to the other. Since they don't use warp travel they've been able to avoid problems with Chaos (as far as I know) but once they hit the Eye where real space and the warp blur into each other that will change, they'll be directly exposed to the powers of the warp and be influenced in who knows what ways.

Because they're advancing from the galactic east they havn't been drawn to the Eye yet, the astronomicon is a bright light between the two but sooner or later a tendril will stray in that direction and notice the Eye.
    Last edited by SkyDog; December 30th, 2010 at 18:29.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    146 (x4)

Quote Originally Posted by Heirodule View Post
    The only reason theyre atracted to the astronomicon is the emperors psychic power, which they pick up on.
    Sorry, I've jus got a mental image of the hive mind going 'oooo shiney!' XD

PL
    I hear and I forget, I see and I remember, I do and I understand

Success is the ability to go from failure to failure without losing your enthusiasm.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    344 (x8)

Sorry probably should have made the initial post clearer, what im trying to say is that (i think) theres a difference between psychic power and the raw power of the warp. The tyranids are attracted to the psychic power, but the raw warp has absolutly no appeal to them what so ever. Put it this way, its never been even hinted at that nids are atracted to the warp. So if they did come across the eye of terror, theyed just go round.

And thanks Pheonix Lord, now every time i take my mighty army on the feild of battle, instead of a deadly horde of foul beasts, im just going to imagine a whole load of magpies looking at the shiny marine armour -.-
    Your friendly neighbourhood gargantuan creature

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast