Wwted - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wwted

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wwted

So...What Would The Emperor Do, that is the question.

Not sure if this has been talked about on here or not. I was just thinking the other day after comparing what he was trying to create and what the Imperium has turned into in the last 10k years, and what the Emperor would do if he were to be rejuvenated and rise from the Throne.

Personally, I think one of his first acts would be the complete elimination and possible execution of the entire Adeptus Ministorum. A significant part of the Great Crusade was getting rid of religion, so a religion built around himself would probably piss him off to no end...and if there is one thing we know about the Emperor, it is that things that piss him off have a tendency to not live very long. I'm sure there would be other "restructuring" happening at high levels of the Imperium, possibly by removing some heads.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I belive that the Inquisitor trilogy also stated that he has completely thrown away his sentmentality

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He'd facepalm the Tau, 'Nids and Orks back to their creators. tell Chaos to get off his lawn.
    The Ministorum would "dissappear".
    and I think he'll focus on doing something about that Eye of Terror..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    160 (x3)

He'd come back to life, and his hate for what his creation has become would feed the warp so much energy, along with everyone's reverence of him, and fear of his wrath.
    The eye of terror would swallow the galaxy

Just as planned...
    Yes, I did deep-strike your sister...
    Necrons : W-8 D-3 L-7 (Sleeping in their TombFoam, waiting for a new codex)
    Chaos Forces (CSM/CD): W-42 D-19 L-28
    Apocalypse Games : W-4 D-0 L-1 (4 Titans, Brass Scorp, 3 Baneblades, 2 Bombers, 3 Fighters, and a Partrage in a Pear Tree)

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    403 (x8)

The eye of terror already existed during the great crusade, I'm sure if closing the eye was possible he'd have done it already.

I don't think he'd hate what's happened that much... I don't think anything short of a new major power being born would alter the eye in the manner suggested.

If I were him I'd just deal with being thought a god - he'd know humanity has enough problems without a war of faith tearing it apart. Again! Reconquer the galaxy, then re-educate later when there's time. He's got the lifespan to be able to manage the gradual reduction of the church over millennia if needed, without negatively affecting our ability to wage war. For the same reasons he's unlikely to revisit the edict of nikea, as psykers are too ingrained into society now.

Think disappointed rather than angry.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    74 (x2)

WWTED?

The Imperium:
    He'll wake up to find a crumbling, corrupt, empire half the size of the one he had built in the midst of an ass-backwards dark age. Hell have a lot of work to do.

The High Lords of Terra & The Ministorum:
    Heads will roll and there will be some restructuring but it wouldn't be anything to drastic, not at first anyway. He'd probably implement a series of reforms over the course of centurys inorder to avoid a collapse of inferstructure and/or full scale civil war.

Technology/Education:
    The Mechanicus has done a good job of preserving the technology of the past and even discovering stuff that wasn't available in the 31st millinium. The problem is the bulk of it has just been horded away without being used and most of the population of the Imperium is so uneducated, superstitious and backwards they can't make head nor tails of what the do have access to.
    The knoledge is there, they just can't use it. He'd undoubtedly implement wide scale public education paving the for technilogical advancement.

The Ecclesarchy:
    He won't be happy about that, a blood thirsty, tyranical, superstious theiocricy running his empire after it was founded on principles of enlightened reason will piss him right off. There's no way he'd even try to just get rid of it right off the bat. That could only result in full scale holy way. The only way to do it without everything going to hell would be a phased reduction over time, It would go hand in hand with his education reforms, arter all, the best cure for superstition is education. 500 years after he wakes up the Ecclesarchy will by somthing people read about in history books.

The Space Marines:
    His galaxy conquering army of supersoilders reduced to tiny bands only capible of acting as an elite spearhead on a few battle fields but are far to small to hold the line. Why Rowboat Girlyman? Why? The Idear of not letting a single warmaster controll such a large proportion of the Imperiums military force was a good idea, doing it in a way that basically destroyed the bulk of their military force wasn't such a good idea.
    Probably the most effective way to keep the good but get rid of the bad would be to keep the independant chapters but increase their manpower limit. The slower implantation process and more through screening process would mean the expantion of the chapters would be relativley slow and conlrolable. The thousands of independant chapters with their own history and traditions would enshure a balance of power. Even if one of the new legion sized chapters did turn renegade, they would be surrounded with hundreds of other legion sized chapters capible of challanging them the same way the chapters do now.

Chaos:
    The Eye & Mealstrom:
    The Imperium has made several attempts to replicate the Necron warp stabilising technology found at the Cadian gate, but with 'limited' success. The Emperor enslaved the Void Dragon with the intent of using it as a source of new technology for his empire and he was well aware of the Eye and the Daemons of the warp. I wouldn't be surprized if the warp stabilising technology was part of his long term plans. Even if it wasn't, after the whole Horus mess I'm shure he'll make that a part of his plans.

The mortal followers of Chaos:
    With the vastly increased military might of the new Imperium and their great hiding places fading away the followers of Chaos are going to suffer a few set backs. They'll never be wiper out completly as long as the dark gods exist and seek to corrupt mortal souls but they won't be launching any black crusades without a place to build their forces out of the sight and reach of the Imperium.

Daemons:
    They'll still be a problem, always lurking in the warp just waiting for some poor mook to open his mind to them so they can flood into real space and unleash hell before they fade away again. But without places like the Eye where they can interact with real space without fadind away, the bulk of their mortal followers dead of fleeing, while the Imperium just gets stronger, they'll be less of a problem atleast.

The Tau:
    I doubt the Emperor would be verry happy about the insanley xenophobic, genocidal attitude the Imperium has developed, he might use the Tau in his plans to fix this. They've already intergrated humans into their empire and established limited diplomatic and trade relations with Imperial worlds. Although this may only be a ploy to get their foot in the door in preperation for future expantion, it's not like they pose any real threat. He'd probably establish a more centralized control over the frontire of Imperial space boardering Tau space and increase the military presance in the area. Allowing the Tau to keep their doplimatic and economic foot in the door but preventing local govoners from trying to ceceed because they think the Tau will give them a better deal and prevent the Tau from expanding into Imperial space by force. This would allow him to take advantage of the ground work layed down by the Tau and maybe establish, atleast, a begrudging tolerance for other races in the galactic east that in time and with guidence could spread throughout the Imperium.

The Eldar:
    He'd probably offer them an olive branch, return to them the crone worlds once the Eye is stabalised and sigh a treaty agreeing not to settle anymore of the maiden worlds in the future. They'll still be as self centred and arrogant as ever and the Imperium just as brutal and xenophobic but most of the Eldar will be willing to play ball considdering this offer would see the closing of the Eye, a crippling blow to their great enemy and return of their home land.

The Necrons:
    Once the ground work for 'tollerant' relations is layed with the Eldar and considdering the common goals reguarding the Necrons, the Emperor should be able to get the location of the sleeping Necron tomb worlds. After unleashing exterminatus and blowing every sleeping tombworld straight to hell they'll just have the much less 'hopless' challange of facing the already awakened Necrons. With the increasing power of the new Imperium and maybe even the Eldar getting back on their feet with them getting their worlds back, the threat might actulley be considdered managable.

The Tyranids:
    No two ways about it, our galaxy's got to get it's $hit together and form some kind of united front for when the main force of the Tyranids geta here. With more central control and increased military presence in the galactic east. Tentative relations with the Eldar and Tau (who will ofcourse see the advantage of an alliance when a Hive Tyrant comes knocking on the door) and the greatly reduced threats posed by the Necrons and Chaos, thus freeing up vast amounte of manpower and resources. Our galaxy will be in the best shape it's been in a long time. It'll be a long and bloody fight but it'll be the best chance we've got.

The Orks:
    Not much to say, you can never get rid of the Orks. The damd things are giant angry cockroaches! For every one you squash they're ten thousand more waiting to take it's place. The best thing that could be done is establish a military force capible of driving them back when needed backing up an organized intel network that can prevent them reaching critical mass, assassinate promonant warbosses, keep them fighting amongst themselves ect ect...

The Dark Eldar:
    With Chaos driven back, the crone worlds returned to the Eldar, tentatively working together to take down the Necrons then being forced to work together fighting the Tyranids, after a few hundred years the Eldar and the Imperium should form some descent bonds. For the simple, practical, goal of surviving the Tyranid war they'll have to share technology and resources. The Emperor was working on creating a human web-way in the 31st millenium, if he hasn't got it up and running by himself I'm shure the Eldar would be able to help him out. Facing all out war against the Tyranids and knowing the necesserty of effective and reliable supply lines they'll defenatly see the advantage of building a new web-way to replace the crumpling, twisted, mess left behind millions of years ago by the Old Ones.
    With a new web-way rendering the old one of no use to them and their sadistic cousins causing problems for them and their allies while they fight for their lives against the Tyranids by far the easiest solution would just be to destroy the web-way. A few fundred ships with their warp drives set to overload sent into the web-way would tare the dimentional walls abart. Their semi-tangible city spread throught the web-way dimention would be torn apart and scattered across realety, most cast into the warp, the lucky few that end up in real space will pose no threat to any one.

That's my two scents, let me know if you think it's plausable or just wishful thinking. (I know it's not realy'plausable' because it would require plot advancement which will never happen, but....)
    In the 41st millenium there is no such thing as paranoia, the universe realy is out to get you!

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    131 (x4)

WWTED?

Take one look at it and jettison himself into the void......

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    459 (x8)

Skydog i agree with much of your views but...The emperor was the one who believed in the destiny of mankind to rule the galaxy and was he who instilled the hatred of the xeno to the impereal armies and space marines.Thereby no olive branches but pure buttkicking.It might give a small pause to both the eldar and tau to unite against the nids or necs(but that part might be not so nessesary considering their new fluff) in a loose alliance but after that is over its spanking time!

Also i believe that the emperor knows even now at this state that both the empirium is kicking the bucket and that people worship him.After all he makes 'miracles'fuelling his worship.
    Thereby i cant say he will be desapointed or that he will fade out the faith in him.Let them worship him as a god,it makes no difference in the end.
    After all before and after the HH he was the anchor of the imperium let that be a devine one.

Also the eldar know not a jack on how to repair the webway and if you cant repair something,you cant build something from scratch.
    If they did knew,they would have done it allready and they wouldnt seal the damaged sections.
    Praise be to the Emperor!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Go look for his sons, like any father? If he wants to rebuild what was lost surely he would need his generals. Apparently he knows where The Lion is so he just needs to go pick him up. Then see what he can do about Guilliman, if anyone can save/fix/restore him its the Emp. Then there is the fact that Russ, Corax, Vulkan and Khan could still be out there so Im sure he would put alot of resources into looking for them.

Then, where too start? I dont know if he is the kind of guy to take things personal but Im sure he would be looking to kick a little Chaos arse. Im sure any of the Primarchs that might have sprouted Horns and wings would be dealt with soon after.

I reckon he would tackle Chaos first purely for the whole Horus Heresy thing. However his biggest priority would have to be 'Nids, then 'Crons? Sure, 'Crons a threat to the whole galaxy but Nids have already destroyed at least one right? You would think he would maybe leave the Necrons to act as a buffer between the Imperium and the Tyranids.

With the above two races, I think the Imperium are on the defensive. Once they are out of the way he will do the obviouse, Start the Second Great Crusade. Then the likes of the Eldar and Tau had better start worrying.

Thats how I can see it, not that the story will ever progress?
    Last edited by Shinglepants; June 14th, 2011 at 03:18.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    459 (x8)

No but if it did you all think that the e would start kick assaultcannons and tacking names.The first thing he would would be for himself.
    He would take a good strech and then a good ol' piss.

10k in a chair and not been able to piss is too much doncha think?
    Praise be to the Emperor!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast