need help with my fluff. - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

need help with my fluff.

g'day all.

I'm writing fluff for my Ork army. And I'm planning to keep writing stories etc with my mob in mind, and let games I actually played influence the story. Now a friend of mine that I'll mostly play against has Tau and I understand/can write in the way they talk/think. Orks idem dito, but I also want to add something more rough, but not retarded (Orkish) and I was thinking of the Imperial Guard (I might start collecting them as my 2nd army).

But my knowledge on IG fluff isn't that great, and that's kinda important :p
    -Any threads some of you know of that might help me? (looking for them myself at the moment, but maybe you know some hidden gold )
    -Space Marines do everything "for the Emperor" or their Primarch, and try to shout that at least 10 thousand times a day. (I need to pee, for the Emperor!), does this goes for the IG aswell? or will Sgt.Buttocks let nature do it's thing because he needs to relieve himself?
    -Anything I missed but I really should know about the IG before I start writing?

thank you for your time/help.

Last edited by Leafblower; February 11th, 2011 at 10:45.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    74 (x2)

There's a big difference between the average grunt and a commisar. The commisar would be a bit spacemarine-ish "for the Emperor" "For the glory of the imperium" ect ect...

The average grunt would be a lot more down to earth, more of a pragmatic attitude and a lot of gallows humour.

An old IG joke I heard says it well.

The troops were crammed into the transport sholder to sholder, barley enough room to breath and every man had someone elses elbow stuck in his side. Suddenly one man shouted "Well, at least there won't be as many of us on the journey back."
    In the 41st millenium there is no such thing as paranoia, the universe realy is out to get you!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was planing on writing from a sgt. point of view, so not much emperor praising thankfully
    love the joke by the way :p
    thanks fo the help.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey DyingDutchie, any idea when your going to be posting your fluff? I look forward to it, not nearly enough Ork fluff about.
    Last edited by Shinglepants; February 16th, 2011 at 21:49.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey Shingle,

Slight change of of plan: the Guards will be my primary army, so the fluff will be focussed on them, but I do plan on giving my Orks a small role in it. So it will be foccused on the guard an their point of view, but I might write some from Ork perspective. An idea for that which I currently have is a battle between my Guard and Orks and switch between my Guard commander and my Ork boss as main focus.
    I hope i haven't dissapointed you too much.

Ow and I can't give you a clue when it will come, could be weeks or months, sometimes I get in this "writing-zone" state of mind and just write page after page, or I run fresh out of ideas for a couple of days and don't write anything..

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Now why would you want to write about 'Dem puny umies' eh? Everybody knows Green is best!

Nah, sounds good, I'll keep an eye out for it.

+ Reply to Thread