Dark Angels Army Theme - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ok, i just started collecting dark angels, and after flicking through the codex i decided i wanted to create my own 'version' of the dark angels, with a slightly different colour scheme of dark angels green for the main body and a bleached bone trim on the shoulder pads. the army is called 'the redemed ones', and the idea is that it is made up of models who have managed to kill a 'fallen one'. when they kill a 'fallen one' they get a new suit of power armour with cream trim.

what do u think? any good or should i scrap it?

thanks for any comments

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Arent enough fallen + all Fallen are handed over the the Chaplains.

There is a chapter that was originally a company of DA that managed to get rid of all the fallen from their company called the Redeemed ones...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    54 (x5)

I like the idea. Maybe they can be a chapter founded by a splinter faction of the DA that want to kill all the Fallen instead of make them repent.You can give the ruglar trrops the standard clour and maybe have the elite guys wear the "I killed a faller" coulours?I like your idea the only problem is you can't say they're the regukar DA b/c you can't rewrite thier fluff.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    178 (x3)

Well another problem is that there are not enough Fallen out there to justify an army of fallen killers. You may want to branch out somewhat

the special honour may be for aiding in the capture of a Fallen

or

they may be a Dark Angels second founding chapter that also hunts members of other chapters who have fallen from the light. Kind of like a self apointed Space Marine Ordo Hereticus.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by Deadly Nightshade@Oct 25 2004, 16:12
    Well another problem is that there are not enough Fallen out there to justify an army of fallen killers. You may want to branch out somewhat

the special honour may be for aiding in the capture of a Fallen

or

they may be a Dark Angels second founding chapter that also hunts members of other chapters who have fallen from the light. Kind of like a self apointed Space Marine Ordo Hereticus.
    [snapback]237613[/snapback]
    I have some dark angel veteran marines in my force. Some of them are the regular kind, used as sergeants, etc. But I did make a tactical squad that has its robes painted black, and worked up a story for them, and I use them in little battles are my local games workshop. They are essentially self appointed fallen hunters, not just for fallen dark angels, but any space marine that has fallen SINCE the horus heresy (I do sometimes give them a chaplain to lead them, though. With blades of reason, of course). If I can under the new rules, I might give them some veteran skills.
    <u>Army: W/L/T</u>

<span style='color:green'>Dark Angels</span>: <span style='color:red'>20/3/0</span>
    <span style='color:gray'>Daemonhunters: </span> <span style='color:red'>Under Construction</span>
    <span style='color:blue'>Minas Tirith</span> <span style='color:red'>1/0/0</span>

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They wouldnt know about The Fallen though. ANy fallen marine is good.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    178 (x3)

Well i gave this idea a little more thought and i had an idea-

Your fallen killers could recieve Terminator Armour rather than Power Armour because-

1. Fallen Angels are rare
    2. The Dark Angels have lots of suits of Terminator Armour
    3. Your average Marine knows little or nothing of the Fall however once he kills one a Chaplain could tell him the entire story

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by Deadly Nightshade@Oct 26 2004, 16:32
    Well i gave this idea a little more thought and i had an idea-

Your fallen killers could recieve Terminator Armour rather than Power Armour because-

1. Fallen Angels are rare
    2. The Dark Angels have lots of suits of Terminator Armour
    3. Your average Marine knows little or nothing of the Fall however once he kills one a Chaplain could tell him the entire story
    [snapback]238503[/snapback]

Hmm.....

Well, in your fluff, you could say that they are members of the deathwing (on detached duty or whatever...if Dark Angels get veterans under the new rules, you could give them terminator honours). Thats what my fluff says, anyway.
    <u>Army: W/L/T</u>

<span style='color:green'>Dark Angels</span>: <span style='color:red'>20/3/0</span>
    <span style='color:gray'>Daemonhunters: </span> <span style='color:red'>Under Construction</span>
    <span style='color:blue'>Minas Tirith</span> <span style='color:red'>1/0/0</span>

+ Reply to Thread