Obliterator/Dark Mechanicus/Tech Marines Fluff/Paint Scheme - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Obliterator/Dark Mechanicus/Tech Marines Fluff/Paint Scheme

I'm looking to add some Obliterators to my Heresy era Emperor's Children but other than "most of their number were techmarines" I can't find any lead as to how I should paint them. Should I paint them in Pre-Heresy Emperor's Children colors with a Tech Marine shoulder pad? That said I couldn't find any Heresy era fluff about Tech Marines either. Did they have the same paint scheme in the "old days?" That being said if they were former Emperor's Children Techmarines would they technically be Dark Mechanicus and if so did they have a different paint scheme? Sorry for the barrage of questions but I'm looking for an accurate paintjob. Thanks!

"LET'S COMMENCE PREPARATIONS FOR RUMBLING!" Mono-Tzeentch 1:1:1

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    459 (x8)

The older models of tech marines i have seen (that is normal beakie models with a tool box and wrench most of the time) were painted in normal legion colors and had an ironhands look alike symbol. OFC i could be mistaken since i have seen said models recently and not on their actual time.

EDIT: Speaking of which: http://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum...filterid=29190
    He lacks the symbol i was speaking of though...
    Last edited by pilot00; May 16th, 2012 at 22:34.
    Praise be to the Emperor!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gotcha. Thanks! I guess I'll just paint them EC colors and modify that symbol to a Dark Mechanicus one.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    459 (x8)

So how did it turn out?
    Praise be to the Emperor!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I actually couldn't find my obliterators in time for a mini tourney I was going to paint them up for so I just converted/painted up some "Legio Cybernetica" robots to stand in for them.
    547285_10151759254335173_362854131_n.jpg
    I'll post pics when I find/paint my regular obliterators.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What I did, for my obliterators, was take the current tech marine model, halved the mechanicum logo and put half the chaos star in place. Then I used the servo harness to wield all the main guns an obliterator can morph. I replaced one arm with a powerfist and gave him a plasma pistol. Finally, I added robes made of green stuff and painted him in very dark colours. Just a thought...

+ Reply to Thread