Fluff Help, - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fluff Help,

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have started working on a whole series of short stories for a campaing I'm working on. I have a few questions regarding fluff though;

1. would I be at all posible for the Emporer to have a son/cousin/other 'next of kin'

2.I know that some Inquisitors abuse their powers for evil (an vica versa) but would it be possible for an Inquisitor to take control of an entire space marine chapter (actualy more of a sub-chapter actualy, called the Uther's Pendragon Warriors, under the dark Angels)

3.(this one I'm prety sure of but...better safe than sorry) Would marines blindly follow the orders of a superior if they were convinced (or persuaded to think) it was the Emperor's will?

Thanx in advance,
    jefftheworld

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.
    ------------------------------------------
    <a href='http://kevan.org/brain.cgi?jefftheworld' target='_blank'>DONT CLICK HERE...OR ELSE...</a>
    <a href='http://members.rogers.com/jalyanak' target='_blank'>The Legendary Dark Eldar Army</a>

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    54 (x5)

1) It&#39;s debatable.There was some early fluff about desendents of the Emporer running through the Imperium (the "sensei" fluff) but GW scrapped that and nobody&#39;s quite sure at this point if the Emporer was even capable of having children.Some say he can,others say that if he could,he wouldn&#39;t have had to genticly engineer his own sons (Primarchs), but GW has never given us a definite answer.

2) Yes, but it would be difficult.He would have to convince the chapter master and all of his advisors,and space marines are a suspicious lot.And even then it&#39;s not likely the chapter master would follow orders directly,as an inquisitor and a chapter master are just about equal in rank.

3) Yes.In fact that&#39;s one of the basic principles that all chapters run on.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    186 (x8)

1. change the kin of the emperor to soeone that has similar genetic structure as him, just say he&#39;s a failed clone or something like that.

2. the only sm that would follow an inquisitor would be the gk, but theyd execute a heretic in a heartbeat. sub chapter of the da huh, why would an inquisitor try with the knowlegde that the da would probably prioritise that as high as the fallen(most likely lower though but important nonetheless)

3. im not even going to answer edicius has it put down nicely...

Take my love, take my land, take me to where I cannot stand; I don't care I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me.

"The difference between gods and daemons largely depends upon where one is standing at the time."- Lorgar
    Member of the Fluff Masters Clan

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    147 (x5)

1) No. The fluff concerning his background eliminates the possibility of a sibling like him.

2) They can requisition any forces neccessary, but with Sm chapters its more a formal request that is usually always honoured.

3) Yes.
    "It fits like clothes made out of wasps!"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Im not saying that this &#39;next of kin&#39; has any power like him but wants to free his soul from the golden throne that keeps his soul from rising to the heavans...would a sibling, or cousin, etc. of any kind be possible?

(Don&#39;t reply with a million posts about how getting into the throne room is imposible, he isn&#39;t stupid enough to try that. He wants to convince the higher powers that it is the right thing to do and he deosn&#39;t succed in the end)
    Build a man a fire, and he&#39;ll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he&#39;ll be warm for the rest of his life.
    <a href='http://kevan.org/brain.cgi?jefftheworld' target='_blank'>DONT CLICK HERE...OR ELSE...</a>
    <a href='http://members.rogers.com/jalyanak' target='_blank'>The Legendary Dark Eldar Army</a>

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

54 (x5)

Still no.As Phobos said the fluff regarding the Emporer&#39;s birth (or creation rather) has him born in a way that makes having relatives impossible. GW has appearently scrapped that bit of history,but seeing as how they haven&#39;t given us anything to replace it, we can only assume that it&#39;s still impossible for him to have any blood relatives.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    186 (x8)

so then its possible to say that he attempted to make a clone or gebetic replica of himself, this of course would not make this &#39;twin&#39; equal to the emperor.
    so edicius, you know a lot, woukd that be at all possible...

Take my love, take my land, take me to where I cannot stand; I don't care I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me.

"The difference between gods and daemons largely depends upon where one is standing at the time."- Lorgar
    Member of the Fluff Masters Clan

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

54 (x5)

It is possible,since the creation of the Primarchs already establishes the fact that the Emporer experimented with genetic engineering,and there where undoubtedly countless failed experimments before they managed to succesfuly create the Primarchs..so yeah,its possible, just not likely.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    112 (x4)

Even if it were possible that the Emperor had relatives/failed clones, they would all be long dead by now, unless they had powers comparable to the Emperor&#39;s, which you have ruled out.
    ___
    Greetings from Planet X, I hope you enjoy your day.
    Join us in the Librarium Online Chatroom

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

54 (x5)

Originally posted by Corianis@Dec 2 2004, 18:42
    Even if it were possible that the Emperor had relatives/failed clones, they would all be long dead by now, unless they had powers comparable to the Emperor&#39;s, which you have ruled out.
    [snapback]263826[/snapback]
    Not necisarily, I mean the average space marine would live for thousands of years if not cut down in battle,and the Primarchs would still be alive and about middle aged by now if they had all survived,so it&#39;s no unreasonable to think the emporer could have created something that had a rediculously long life span.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast