Lightning Claws - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Lightning Claws

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was just reading the latest Ultramarines novel by Graham McNiell and happen to notice something interesting. There is a character in the story who has lightning claws, and on several occasions it says he retracts into and extends them out of his gauntlets. Now has it always been the case that, fluffwise at least, lightning claws can retract into the gauntlet when not in use? Or is this purely an invention of McNiell's? Personally I think that would be cool because then it would be possible for a character, in fluff, to have lightning claws and a bolter and may choose to use either one depending on the situation. What are your thoughts?

“ Belief in a cruel God makes a cruel man. ” - Thomas Paine

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    186 (x8)

as it would be yes fluffwise lightning claws have been like that. (for as far back as i know at least)
    lightning claws are actually the same size as a powerfist so they have room to be sheathed. yeah so in most cases a character can have a bolter with his claws.

your talking about vainnes from dead sky black sun, hey did you understand the ending to it? is the new champion wearing ventris's skin or does he just look alot like him? if you know anyway...

Take my love, take my land, take me to where I cannot stand; I don't care I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me.

"The difference between gods and daemons largely depends upon where one is standing at the time."- Lorgar
    Member of the Fluff Masters Clan

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    54 (x5)

They can retract,but you still can't use a bolter with them fluff-wise.There's no way you're gonna be able to effectively wield a bolter with power fist-sized fingers.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by darkreever@Dec 2 2004, 23:26
    as it would be yes fluffwise lightning claws have been like that. (for as far back as i know at least)
    lightning claws are actually the same size as a powerfist so they have room to be sheathed. yeah so in most cases a character can have a bolter with his claws.

your talking about vainnes from dead sky black sun, hey did you understand the ending to it? is the new champion wearing ventris's skin or does he just look alot like him? if you know anyway...
    [snapback]264068[/snapback]
    Yes, I am speeking of Vaanes. And to answer your question I did understand it. Remember when Uriel was put in the womb of the Daemonculaba it absorbed some of Uriel genetic material so the Iron Warrior being created inside it with him came out with the same physical features. So no it wasn't Uriels skin, it just had the same look cuz of the whole genetics thing.

Edit: @ Edicius- In the book we are speaking of the character with the lightning claws uses a bolter at one point while they are retracted. Im sure that the trigger guard would be big enough to facilitate a pf sized finger. The guns we have today have plenty of extra room in the trigger guard, so why should it be different here?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

189 (x8)

Besides the new models give the look of them beeing retractable.
    I really like that book and I hope that Honsou and Uriel will meet again

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    36 (x1)

As far as im aware some lightning claws are retractable and some arent (Example being plastic force commanders ones being retractable whilst a Chaos terminator's one isent.) I think it all has to do with the make and type of lightning claw.
    Ask not the ruleboys a question for they shall give you three answers each true and terrifying to behold

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

186 (x8)

you know what bothers ne, they say that vaanes has a reason for beign exiled but as far as i know they make no mention of what he did, though its obvouis his crimes werent as bad as uriels.
    so uriel, pasnius, and the unfleshed hop aboard a deamon vessel and hope to return to macraage somehow, sounds fun. but when they do get back they can be accused of further crimes against the codex(or at least i think so anyway) i dont think the picture of uriel fighting the nids in te new codex does him justice, i mean he has hair in the books!
    i think if i had lightning claws and got a bolter i would 'accidently' tear of the trigger gaurd, but only 'accidently' so i could honour my weapon's spirit

ive converted tac-marines to look like ventris, but damn this is gonna be hard, i gotta make a conversion that shows him when hes escaping the planet. parts of his armour are missing and hes wounded in several places. make a great veteran sergeant....

Take my love, take my land, take me to where I cannot stand; I don't care I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me.

"The difference between gods and daemons largely depends upon where one is standing at the time."- Lorgar

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by darkreever@Dec 3 2004, 09:31
    you know what bothers ne, they say that vaanes has a reason for beign exiled but as far as i know they make no mention of what he did, though its obvouis his crimes werent as bad as uriels.
    so uriel, pasnius, and the unfleshed hop aboard a deamon vessel and hope to return to macraage somehow, sounds fun. but when they do get back they can be accused of further crimes against the codex(or at least i think so anyway) i dont think the picture of uriel fighting the nids in te new codex does him justice, i mean he has hair in the books!
    i think if i had lightning claws and got a bolter i would 'accidently' tear of the trigger gaurd, but only 'accidently' so i could honour my weapon's spirit

ive converted tac-marines to look like ventris, but damn this is gonna be hard, i gotta make a conversion that shows him when hes escaping the planet. parts of his armour are missing and hes wounded in several places. make a great veteran sergeant....
    [snapback]264328[/snapback]
    I guess we'll just have to wait until the next book to see what happens next. And somehow I doubt Uriel's crime was worse than Vaanes, because to be exiled from a non codex chapter you'd have to do something really bad, and he seems so bitter. I don't think Uriel will get in trouble again, I mean, while he completed his death oath he technically wasn't part of the chapter and so was not subject to the codex. And now that he completed his mission they should take him back. Its too bad about Vaanes, I like him before the end of the book.

Well aren't I getting off topic? lol

Anyway, about the lightning claws, I've always thought they were the coolest weapons and now that I know they are retractable they are even cooler. Kinda like Wolverine from the X-Men

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is this getting off topic? I thought they wernt retractable, but I like the sound of them being retractable.

*why thank you Deadly Nightshade, your welcome*

please use a spell check in future
    Lifes a PC game, learn to play it or loose.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

186 (x8)

hmm.. this topic has easily, and quickly, gone off course. its tme for a new topic, or an exception in this one...
    i finnaly finished my converted scene of the renegade marines, with vaanes at the head using his pack and claws extended in a v shape. makes them look so much more evil.

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast