Loyal To The Haunter - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

THis is an idea that I've been playing with for quiet some time.
    The Haunter was assassinated, he let the assasin kill him, but what if the marines that were with him at the time of his death are still 'loyal'. I have no idea about My leuitenants name. BUt he is a break away from the main stream of the army because his believes are that if he can become a deamon prince, he might be able to manipulate the warp to let him be spat out again. Now if there were 2 people of approx. abbadons strenght would be a real threat to the Imperium. As the Army develops I want him to become a lord as close to deamonhood as possible. However his leiutenant will eventually be the aspiring champion from my first raptor squad.
    So the main idea around my army is that all the souls and atrocities are dedicated to a reason, the retern of the Haunter. THe Imperium recons the the attacks of lord (insert name) are random. They couldn't be more wrong.......

If you could suggest changes and a NAME would be really nice. :w

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry to be a prat but my army list is on the appropriate forum under the 500pt Night lords post. <_<

Neverwhere,London, United Kingdon of Great Britain and Northern Ireland
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I hate the idea of the Night Haunter being assasinated, unless he actually allowed himself to be....

If there is one lieutenant loyal to Chaos then there is a counterpart loyal to the Emperor.

The Night Haunter&#39;s Librarian who knew of Horus&#39;s machinations and escaped taking some of the Legion with him.

The Chapter Sons of Al&#39;Xuuufash....

Regards
    Obi
    Whoso would be a man must be a non conformist
    People should be taught what is, not what should be.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Night Hunter did allow himself to be assassinated, he belived he deserved the retrubution from the Emperor, he had foreseen it and so he allowed the assassin past all his defences and free passage through his fortress. Theres a bit on it in the night lords &#39;Index Asrartes&#39; article, though I can&#39;t remember which white dwarf thats in.

As for the idea of a repenting tratior who goes the whole way only to reject chaos, go for it. If you want some additional ideas for it I would read "deamon world" if you dont mind ploughing through a whole book to get it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Apologies didn&#39;t know the proper spelling ...

Al Xu&#39;ffasch...although with the way languages drift...

perhaps Al Xuufash might do....nyaahh..... Al Xu&#39;ffasch looks better..have to check with some people I know who knows the proper Persian pronounciation...lol.

So welcome to the future....

The Exorcist Legiones Astartes
    .........from the cursed 13th Founding, formed together with the help of the radicals and the geneseed from the Batm...Night Haunter....hehehe. Known by themselves as the Sons of Al Xu&#39;ffasch.

Obi

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Terribeliy sorry nemogbr, but your post makes no sense at all, I can&#39;t make head nor tail of it. Care to explain?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hi Ghostdog

The original post was about a Chaos army being developed that desired the return of the Night Haunter.

I&#39;ve been having an idea myself of developing fluff for a Chapter I had in mind...namely the Exorcists. The only thing I found was that they were possessed by demons and then Exorcised. The ones who survived the experience became Space Marines.

The thought occured to me that it may be possible that the Exorcists also contained geneseed from one of the traitor Primarchs.
    The one that fascinated me was Bat....Night Haunter. What makes a guy who fought a single handed war against the criminal underworld and then turn against the biggest lawman in the galaxy.
    I would presume that he was a grim fellow and that Horus was able to turn him against the Emperor.

Would all his men feel this way though?
    I would think that he would have focused on making them self reliant and able to think for themselves unlike some other Traitor Legions (Emperor&#39;s Children?)

The most capable would have been his Captains and some would have foreseen what he could not. It is sometimes easier to see what&#39;s happening from a distance rather than upclose.

The ones who repented would have gone into hiding with the help of like minded servants of the Emperor. Eventually they became part of another chapter, the Exorcists.

Obi

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Have you read the night lords &#39;Index Asrartes&#39; article , nemogbr? Its got some stuff on the night lords and thier geneseed/origins etc, could give you some more ideas for the fluff.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was able to read some of it although haven&#39;t been able to buy a copy as of yet and I really need to have a copy.....lol.

I liked several of the Chapters...the raider tactics of the White Scars for example and I wanted to have a Chapter that would work with the Daemonhunter Army I wanted to develop. I want to have an uncommon chapter rather than a generic Space Wolves or Dark Angels one.....so Exorcists it is.

The main force would be Exorcists with DH allies. The fluff sort of just came before the army figures....lol.

So far my Brother Captain is a former Fallen Angel known as Abzadiel...
    The rest of the Chapter have geneseed from the Dark Angels Primarch as well as the Night Lords who were loyal to the Emperor.

Not sure yet how the years may have mutated their geneseed. One theory of mine is that the Dark Angels use Fallen Angel geneseed to ensure the purity of their geneseed.

I&#39;ll have to think more of this...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by Ghost Dog@Nov 16 2003, 16:13
    Night Hunter did allow himself to be assassinated, he belived he deserved the retrubution from the Emperor, he had foreseen it and so he allowed the assassin past all his defences and free passage through his fortress. Theres a bit on it in the night lords &#39;Index Asrartes&#39; article, though I can&#39;t remember which white dwarf thats in.

As for the idea of a repenting tratior who goes the whole way only to reject chaos, go for it. If you want some additional ideas for it I would read "deamon world" if you dont mind ploughing through a whole book to get it.
    Actually, Night Haunter allowed himself to be assassinated because he felt it would vindicate his decision to rebel. He didn&#39;t believe that he needed the retribution for his betrayal, as he only betrayed because of the visions he was having of the Emperor killing him. He believed that the Emperor had already betrayed him because of the visions.

John Reeves "Overcode" Hall, 1980-2005, http://overcode.yak.net/1

DONATE TO THE FIGHT AGAINST MELANOMA
    http://www.acsevents.org/faf/r.asp?t...99915-86454580

Closed Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast